• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

It sadly looks like we will exceed projections...

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
The two clearly aren't mutually exclusive.

Do you honestly think crashing the economy won't cause massive lives lost? Do you not care about those people?

Let's look at the the overall health, not just at the next meal. A calculated rational reply trumps an emotional appeal every time. You're giving an emotional appeal. It works with the media, but boy do you come up short in considering all the factors.
No. The stimulus is helping to keep people from dropping dead. That’s a false claim. The disease is awful and we need to stop the spread. I’m not worried about your little wallet like I am the lives of Americans.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That's the thing, saying someone isn't a good candidate isn't a slight. I don't think truly through-and-through respectful, kind, honest, and nice people can ever succeed in politics.

I'm looking at the political optics. The leftist media, academics, and radical Democrats say half of the country supports a group of old, racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic white males. Quite a unifying premise. And yet, their candidate is an old white guy who has racial gaffes, sexual assault violations (which are suddenly NOT a disqualifier), and is proven to lie a bunch, which is also suddenly not a big deal. A presidential candidate lying doesn't make Biden special, it makes him just like all the others.

I'm sure Biden is pleasant to meet and talk to. I don't hate him, I just have to not only acknowledge his faults, as I've done with Trump, but also notice the massive shift from the left in what is acceptable.

Support for Biden largely proves a complete hypocracy from so many leftists.
If you support Trump because he isn't a liar, doesn't have any accusations of improper sexual behavior and hasn't made any racial gaffes you are not paying attention.

voyager

4Q2247365
We are in the middle of applying for financing in case this goes on much longer. It is an amazing cluster f*ck. The banks point at the government for not providing adequate direction and the government points fingers at the banks for not moving fast enough. We've been told by Wells Fargo that they are overwhelmed and have stopped accepting applications for the paycheck program, but we were one of the first to apply. They told us as a plan B to apply with other banks. Chase and BofA say "You must have had a checking account with us in early February to qualify". We currently have probably 4 employees with decreased hours because of the virus, but we have 17 who were part timers and went home when the college closed for the semester....We aren't sure if those part timers would qualify or if we have to bring them back to work...and we don't know what we'd have them do if they did come back. Not enough business to keep everybody busy.

So for everyone who bitches about Pelosi not moving fast enough to pass the legislation...the bottom line is that they should have taken longer and thought through how they'd do this. Does anyone remember "Shovel ready"? It just isn't as simple as shoveling money out the door.
The banks aren't patriotic they are in it for the money. Apparently they don't see anything in it for them.

Don't pay any bills until you absolutely have to. I wouldn't but being retired I am out of the rat race and have the savings to stay there.

The scuttlebutt is that some countries (not the US, yet) want China to pay the virus bill... I'm sure the check is in the mail.

Spamature

President
...as far as unemployment goes.

Roughly 6.6 million Americans applied for unemployment in the past week, according to data released by the Department of Labor on Thursday.

The new data is significantly higher than economists’ expectations, who predicted around 5 million lost jobs, according to the Wall Street Journal. For the past three weeks, more than 16 million people have filed for unemployment, largely due to coronavirus-related business closures.

Looks like our squeezing self-imposed sanctions might do more harm than good in the long run.

If employers can't pay rent, they can't pay debt interest to the banks, and then the banks can't pay their investors, and..

Collapse... Great Depression style.

Oh well, at least...
A. We felt good doing it
B. We saved 10,000 lives on the front end while inevitably causing 100 times more to be lost after the crash
C. Our governors got a lot of anti-Trump media face time and planted seeds for presidential runs in 20204.

Ah yes.. I feel better now.

I sure hope that doesn't happen.
Before the shut down the projection in California alone was 50,000 deaths. It's under 400 because of it. The nation could have seen more than a million deaths without action. Also quit pretending we are out of the woods. Ca can't do it forever. At some point a coordinated action is needed from the top.

So let's not rush to Trump's fantasy land just because the curve has been bent for a time.