• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

It's all downhill for the Republicans

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
They can't be bothered with GOP crimes and corruption as their lives revolve around hating on dems/libs and Trump hates on dems/libs every single day for them. That's why they love and adore him so very, very much.

My leftist comrades just aren't used to someone throwing their own sh*t back at them.

Maybe if my base acted with class and respectful, and ditch ANTIFA and the Pu$$y hats, they wouldn't have it thrown back in their fat faces.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Oh, you didn’t know? I was quoting the right wing. Trump supporting neo-Nazis in Charlottesville.
You mean the ones recruited by "former" Obama supporter Jason Kessler? What you are quoting here is propaganda.

kaz

Small l libertarian
You're confirming that Republicans have limited mental acuity and voted for scum Trump. Good boy.
Yes. Just like Democrats have limited mental acuity and voted for scum Hillary.

Here's a word for you to google, "both."

You went to government schools, didn't you? I'm using all these big words you didn't know.

Here's something you'll forget again like you always do since you have political Alzheimer disease. I'm a libertarian, not a Republican or a Democrat. Flew right over your head, huh?

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Nope, the con group that trump said had “good people”. Right wing Nazi trash. And murderous at that.
Yes, the rally that was organized by a "former" extremely left wing Obama supporter. That "rally" was a political hit job.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

You went to government schools, didn't you? I'm using all these big words you didn't know.

Here's something you'll forget again like you always do since you have political Alzheimer disease. I'm a libertarian, not a Republican or a Democrat. Flew right over your head, huh?
Nope, you post like a pumpkin head Trumpie.

Zelensky

Quid pro Quo

in Ukraine "Libertarian" means supporter of Putin , We removed them

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
John Dean‏Verified account @JohnWDean

Modern GOP has given us Nixon, Agnew, Bush II, Cheney, and now Trump and Pence. Plus the Religious Right, Tea Party, Freedom Caucus and the NRA’s every wishes. From cunning crooks to war crimes criminals to corrupt authoritarians. It is all downhill, and getting worse fast.

11:02 PM - 11 Oct 2019

And Dean didn't even mention Reagan and Iran-Contra or the Great Republican Recession of 2007/08.
The only way for Republicans to have even a chance to save themselves is to Dump Trump now.
It's looking that way...
Trump's defenders have been living blindly in the fake reality Trump created for himself and for his 5th Avenue base -- it will, no doubt be tough to accept.
Dean's prediction does a body good> :D

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
It's looking that way...
Trump's defenders have been living blindly in the fake reality Trump created for himself and for his 5th Avenue base -- it will, no doubt be tough to accept.
Dean's prediction does a body good> :D
I think John Dean is warning the sane Republicans left in the party. Jump ship or go down with it.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
The Incredible Shrinking GOP
https://newrepublic.com/article/154646/shrinking-republican-party-house-representatives-congress-retirements-will-hurd

A contagion has been spreading through the House Republican caucus. It began with Michigan’s Paul Mitchell, who announced on a Wednesday afternoon two weeks ago that he wouldn’t run for reelection. Texas’ Pete Olson followed suit the next day, and Alabama’s Martha Roby that Friday, and Utah’s Rob Bishop last Monday. It was practically newsworthy on Tuesday when no one retired that day. Then, on Wednesday, Texas’ Mike Conaway said he would also step aside.

The real hammer-stroke came on Thursday, though, when Texas’ Will Hurd joined the exodus. The decision shocked Republicans. The only black Republican in the House, Hurd was often described as a rising star within the party. That star also rested in a precarious sky: His district is the only one along the Mexican border that’s not represented by a Democratic congressman. Its suburbs, once reliable red turf, are steadily turning blue.

All of this is a grim sign for the GOP’s prospects next year. But those departures—especially that of Hurd—also signal the Republican Party’s long-term direction under Trump. His version of the GOP does not aspire to be a big-tent coalition, or even pretend that it wants to be one. What’s left is a demand for ideological purity and unflinching support of the president that alienates a majority of the American electorate. The result will be a Republican Party that’s whiter, more male, and more aligned with Trumpism, no matter the damage it does to the country as a whole—or even the party itself.

Driving this shift is Donald Trump himself. His deep unpopularity among just about everyone but working-class white men is an electoral anchor around the party’s neck, one that even a decade of partisan gerrymandering and voter suppression in red states can’t fully offset. And if past is prologue, Trump is far more likely to double down on what makes him unpopular instead of course-correct to win back voters. Hurd didn’t explicitly cite the president last week, but it’s hard to not read his announcement as an implicit critique of the direction Trump is taking the Republican Party.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
GOP shrinks as young and ‘NeverTrumpers’ walk away, increasing Donald Trump’s power in the party
https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2019/02/gop-shrinks-as-young-and-nevertrumpers-walk-away-increasing-donald-trumps-power-in-the-party.html

“Has Republican Resistance to Trump Collapsed?”

The familiar question, offered up many times and in many variations since 2016, appeared in The New York Times on Tuesday. This time, it served as the headline for an opinion piece by GOP strategist (and Trump critic) Liz Mair. Writing from “inside the belly of the beast,” she stated that President Donald Trump is the king of all he surveys, pointing out that “the NeverTrump movement has disintegrated” and that the president can boast of a “near 90 percent approval rating among Republicans.”

It’s true, Republicans love Trump. They love him as much or more than they’ve loved any president since the party’s founding in 1854.

But there’s more to consider here. The GOP holds the White House and the U.S. Senate, but if current trends continue, it soon might be struggling to maintain its major-party status. Registered Republican voters in the country are on the verge of being overtaken by independent voters, according to data from July 2018. Registered Democrats, meanwhile, outnumber Republicans nationwide by some 12 million.

Part of what’s happening is that younger, urban Americans are trending dramatically toward the Democrats or independent status. Added to that: many old-school conservatives -- particularly Baby Boomers and Gen Xers drawn to the Republican Party in their youth by leaders such as William F. Buckley Jr., Ronald Reagan and Jack Kemp -- have simply walked away from the Grand Old Party.

The latter are the NeverTrumpers Mair says have failed in their efforts to oppose Donald Trump. But as Mair herself acknowledged, she’s looking at the situation from the inside. The trees might be at least partially blocking her view of the forest.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
now_what: I have nothing, kaz. I'm just going to parrot back to you what you said.

Democrats have repeatedly lied, I call you out on one after another. You already own it
That was all your side. Own it.

kaz

Small l libertarian
in Ukraine "Libertarian" means supporter of Putin , We removed them
I didn't say I'm a Libertarian, I said I'm a libertarian. You don't know the difference, huh? You went to government schools, didn't you?

Then there's that your post was completely inane and isn't based on reality