• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

It's coming

Wahbooz

Governor
The Sage of Main Street disagreed with my You are not forgotten. Why is that if you don't mind. I have not forgotten one brother that didn't come back with me, several were kids that graduated with me from high school. Several of the names on that wall are personal to me, two of them from our sister boat.

Last edited:

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
The Sage of Main Street disagreed with my You are not forgotten. Why is that if you don't mind.
It's just what some posters in this forum habitually do. They'll do anything to take a thread down a rabbit hole. It's a daily thing.

The Sage of Main Street disagreed with my You are not forgotten. Why is that if you don't mind. I have not forgotten one brother that didn't come back with me, several were kids that graduated with me from high school. Several of the names on that wall are personal to me, two of them from our sister boat.
Rubble From the Baby Boom

Despite the media's spinning rare gratitude as a common virtue, those who toughed it out in Vietnam have been the most forgotten veterans ever. Even other tricked and wasted veterans feel no band of brothers sentiment, maybe because only 4% were in actual combat, but mostly because they conform to whatever the attitude of the privileged shirkers is. We were brought up to get our self-respect from those placed above us. I really resent being played with by feel-good fantasies that don't reflect the way things have been for the past fifty years.

Wahbooz

Governor
Rubble From the Baby Boom

Despite the media's spinning rare gratitude as a common virtue, those who toughed it out in Vietnam have been the most forgotten veterans ever. Even other tricked and wasted veterans feel no band of brothers sentiment, maybe because only 4% were in actual combat, but mostly because they conform to whatever the attitude of the privileged shirkers is. We were brought up to get our self-respect from those placed above us. I really resent being played with by feel-good fantasies that don't reflect the way things have been for the past fifty years.
Sorry, man, but I can't buy into that. What I get from it, you disagree with my sentiment for those I personally knew that was lost. Personally I don't give a damn what the fortunate sons think. I only needed one wet, limp wrist handshake, from someone who couldn't even look me in my face, to decide my feelings are my feelings and....since they won't let me say it here, I'll just go *&@% them. I don't look to the chickenhawks for respect, and it doesn't bother me anymore that people perform patriotic songs who have never tasted the price.

Those I know, who never came back, will always be in my memory. America, the poli's, everybody can forget the price they paid, I won't. They may be rubble to others, but they were those who stood along side me. I will never forget.

Wahbooz

Governor
Something to remember Monday, when people kiss the azzzz of the guy they adore, the man who claims he knows more than the Generals and Admirals.

This is for the guys who did "see the rain". They know what I mean, day after day soak and wet.

Wahbooz

Governor
Well I did get to walk the streets of Saigon, nearly 50 years later. But gee, I was close back then, wasn't I?