• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

It's great the police are wearing bodycams, now there'll be far less controversy...

Dino

Russian Asset
And regular law enforcement does not do the same thing ? Please don't tell me that you think cops go into investigations with an open mind, let alone that the person they are spending their time investigating is innocent of what they are suspected of doing.

If that were case they would never search a suspect or ask to look into their vehicle or seek a warrant to search their premises.

Surprise ! The cops always think you did it until they can prove otherwise.
Wow, what stunning ignorance!
No wonder Black Lives Matter continues to pollute the nation.
Cops investigate to find evidence, get information from witnesses and question suspects they can acquire enough probable cause to make an arrest. It’s not a pretense they use before they arrest you because they “think you did it”.
Checks and balances are through this system, and irresponsible police can be sued or terminated.

Spamature

President
Wow, what stunning ignorance!
No wonder Black Lives Matter continues to pollute the nation.
Cops investigate to find evidence, get information from witnesses and question suspects they can acquire enough probable cause to make an arrest. It’s not a pretense they use before they arrest you because they “think you did it”.
Checks and balances are through this system, and irresponsible police can be sued or terminated.
Who are you trying to kid ? Of course they think the person they are investigating is guilty or they would look for someone else for evidence.

Suspect : a person thought to be guilty of a crime or offense.

It's right there in as the word they use for people they are investigating.

Dino

Russian Asset
Who are you trying to kid ? Of course they think the person they are investigating is guilty or they would look for someone else for evidence.

Suspect : a person thought to be guilty of a crime or offense.

It's right there in as the word they use for people they are investigating.
When a child disappears the FIRST people investigated are the immediate family members, are they the prime suspects?

EatTheRich

President
He approached the cop with a knife in his hand in a threatening manner. If I saw someone doing that in America. I expect them to be shot even if the armed person they approached was not a cop.
The eyewitnesses judges the situation otherwise. I can only assume they knew something we don’t.

Dino

Russian Asset
The eyewitnesses judges the situation otherwise. I can only assume they knew something we don’t.
And you seriously believe the police scrapped the original body cam footage and then substituted a different one in order to clear a homicidally reckless cop?
If you believe that possible you may as well be marching with Black lives matter.

Spamature

President
When a child disappears the FIRST people investigated are the immediate family members, are they the prime suspects?
Yep.

I'll bet the cops still think the Ramsey's killed Joan Bennett unless Katy Perry confesses to being her.

Dino

Russian Asset
Yep.

I'll bet the cops still think the Ramsey's killed Joan Bennett unless Katy Perry confesses to being her.
You’re embarrassing yourself in this thread- totally out of your element and floundering.

You don’t understand the basic elements of criminal justice, police work, investigation and evidence collection. You think of police as making arrests based on hunches and evidence is used merely as a convenience that might end up helping achieve a conviction.

You’re totally lost and you’re wasting time trying to save face here. It’s too late to salvage this train wreck for you.

Spamature

President
You’re embarrassing yourself in this thread- totally out of your element and floundering.

You don’t understand the basic elements of criminal justice, police work, investigation and evidence collection. You think of police as making arrests based on hunches and evidence is used merely as a convenience that might end up helping achieve a conviction.

You’re totally lost and you’re wasting time trying to save face here. It’s too late to salvage this train wreck for you.
Yeah they do. And some will even plant evidence because they think the person is guilty and they haven't found enough evidence to convict them. Some will get on the witness stand and lie to get a conviction on someone they think is guilty Some will hound or beat a confession out of an innocent person because they think they guilty.

I am right in my element of having seen what the cops will do to people they think are guilty.

The police are the backbone of an orderly society. It's a shitty job that someone has to do.

Also

[Unwelcome language removed] the police. Because a lot of time it's a shitty person that doing the job.

freyasman

Senator
Yeah they do. And some will even plant evidence because they think the person is guilty and they haven't found enough evidence to convict them. Some will get on the witness stand and lie to get a conviction on someone they think is guilty Some will hound or beat a confession out of an innocent person because they think they guilty.

I am right in my element of having seen what the cops will do to people they think are guilty.

The police are the backbone of an orderly society. It's a shitty job that someone has to do.

Also

[Unwelcome language removed] the police. Because a lot of time it's a shitty person that doing the job.
The only part of this I'm going to disagree with is; "The police are the backbone of an orderly society."; that's wrong. The average man is the backbone of a society, not some government employee. How the average man behaves, and what he is willing and unwilling to tolerate, is what makes for an orderly society. No law enforcement officer can force order on a society, history has proven that over and over again.

Dino

Russian Asset

Also

99.9% of the time NONE of what you describe happens.
But thanks for once again proving how low you’ll stoop to insult people and the efforts of people with far more courage and integrity than you could EVER hope to possess.

D

Deleted member 21794

He has too attacked the FBI as a whole.
No, you're drinking the Koolaid. I'm guessing you read headlines like "Trump attacks FBI!" and don't even read enough to find out he was attacking specific individuals in the FBI rather than the FBI as a whole.

D

Deleted member 21794

The only part of this I'm going to disagree with is; "The police are the backbone of an orderly society."; that's wrong. The average man is the backbone of a society, not some government employee. How the average man behaves, and what he is willing and unwilling to tolerate, is what makes for an orderly society. No law enforcement officer can force order on a society, history has proven that over and over again.
Once again, Spamature provides a look into the liberal mind. It's always someone else's responsibility. Liberals are rarely if ever responsible for anything. Just ask them.

D

Deleted member 21794

I found an Illinois governor tried it in 2014 but it failed to pass. Such motions have been struck down in courts of law.

I know of no place- thankfully- that bans public scrutiny of street or traffic stops.
I've watched a few youtube videos on this. Some cops have just come to embrace it. While no one really wants to be videotaped working, I would eventually accept it and use it to my advantage.

Spamature

President
Then let me say the legal system is the backbone and they are the backbone of that system.

EatTheRich

President
I agree with your point, but will stand by mine in context of blatant lies like "hands up don't shoot!" are far more likely to come from *diverse* neighborhoods.
Unarmed people with their hands up have been shot by police on video many times ... I guess suddenly a video isn’t irrefutable evidence and can even contain “blatant lies”?

Spamature

President
99.9% of the time NONE of what you describe happens.
But thanks for once again proving how low you’ll stoop to insult people and the efforts of people with far more courage and integrity than you could EVER hope to possess.
Only because the other 95% of the time suspects plea bargain because the odds in favor of the state or overwhelming and the penalty for going to trial is much more severe if they lose.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Only because the other 95% of the time suspects plea bargain because the odds in favor of the state or overwhelming and the penalty for going to trial is much more severe if they lose.
Yes that is definitionally what a plea bargain is. Admission of guilt exchange for a reduced sentence, typically because the person so pleading is guilty of the charged crime