• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

It’s Lie Day in the impeachment trial

Bugsy McGurk

President
It’s only about 20 minutes into the presentation of Trump's lawyers and the fact checkers are already overwhelmed.

Those poor bastards.

;-)

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
LOL! They are playing the witness tapes (with context). So of course, the left needs t gaslight us into thinking they are "lying."

Bugsy McGurk

President
LOL! They are playing the witness tapes (with context). So of course, the left needs t gaslight us into thinking they are "lying."
I watched for 20 minutes and didn’t see a witness tape. I heard Trump’s lawyers spinning lies and doing anything but putting things in context.

Example: The so-called transcript of the July 25 call has Trump stressing that other countries provide Ukraine with limited financial help. Trump said that to stress to Zelensky that he better play ball if they want the help they desperately need from the US. Then came his extortionate demands. Trump’s lawyers claim this was part of Trump’s non-existent plan to improve “burden sharing.”

Gullible rubes fall for such lies. Does that include you?

Bugsy McGurk

President
P.S. Trump’s lawyers just highlighted Trump’s “no quid pro” denials AFTER he got caught, as if the denials of a nabbed lawbreaker are significant.

;-)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It’s only about 20 minutes into the presentation of Trump's lawyers and the fact checkers are already overwhelmed.

Those poor bastards.

;-)

Yes. It is.

Lies of omission...by the house managers

As they literally read from submitted evidence...

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yes. It is.

Lies of omission...by the house managers

As they literally read from submitted evidence...
How about Sekulow’s pitch that Trump issued his extortion demands because he was “concerned about corruption and burden sharing.”

Tell me you didn’t snicker at that whopper.

Bugsy McGurk

President
They're reading from the house managers submitted evidence.

Are you saying at the house managers submit a jive
Of course not. I’m saying what I said - Trump’s lawyers are lying about the evidence. Distorting it beyond recognition. What defense lawyers do when they have a guilty client.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Of course not. I’m saying what I said - Trump’s lawyers are lying about the evidence. Distorting it beyond recognition. What defense lawyers do when they have a guilty client.
They're reading verbatim transcripts, and then playing the actual video of what was said that created the transcript.

That's not a distortion that's what's called verbatim

Bugsy McGurk

President
They're reading verbatim transcripts, and then playing the actual video of what was said that created the transcript.

That's not a distortion that's what's called verbatim
And again, the lies and distortions come from the mouths of Trump’s lawyers.

Bugsy McGurk

President
You are sorely mislead. No extortion demands were made. I'm not going to read through one of your threads as if it were trial evidence. It's amusing that you think you have changed anyone's mind with your distortions.
I have no illusion about changing wingers’ minds, which are shaped by decades of intensive brainwashing. I merely pose questions. Winger dodging of such questions is even more revealing than any answers you might give.