• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Jeb Bush & ObamaCare

Fast Eddy

Mayor
There is enough difference that I will still vote GOP for the time being.
GOP = stronger military
Dim = strips our military and weakens us.

While I don't like going to war to "spread democracy" I do want some strength protecting us and there's more strength with the GOP. For that reason, GOP is the lesser of the two evils.

I'm tired of living with the lesser of two evils. The party bosses keep shoving progressive candidates down our throats and the people just go along. The party guys have decided they want Jeb Bush so they get the TV and Radio cranked up to talk about him and the next thing you know he is in the lead and the head of the party is happy as hell, they have there guy to continue with the progressive policies, almost identical to the democrats.

Jeb Bush is in Favor of Common Core, this is horrible. It dumbs down our kids and teaches an agenda I don't believe in.
Jeb is all for amnesty - enough said

The damn sheep in this party just follow along. The same thing happens in the democratic party, we are all just sheep to the system, don't give them your vote.

Jen

Senator
I'm tired of living with the lesser of two evils. The party bosses keep shoving progressive candidates down our throats and the people just go along. The party guys have decided they want Jeb Bush so they get the TV and Radio cranked up to talk about him and the next thing you know he is in the lead and the head of the party is happy as hell, they have there guy to continue with the progressive policies, almost identical to the democrats.

Jeb Bush is in Favor of Common Core, this is horrible. It dumbs down our kids and teaches an agenda I don't believe in.
Jeb is all for amnesty - enough said

The damn sheep in this party just follow along. The same thing happens in the democratic party, we are all just sheep to the system, don't give them your vote.
At the moment, I have no intention of voting at all.
If I see a good candidate, I'll change my mind.
I did the same thing in 2000 when it was Gore vs GWBush............and we still got Bush (At least we didn't get Gore or we would have hit the bad place where we are now a lot sooner).

When I heard that Jeb liked Common Core (and it is horrible) and heard his amnesty statements......... those were deal breakers for me.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Those young and healthy are being forced to purchase insurance or be penalized...that's no lie.

Taxes weren't even mentioned when trying to pass the ACA...in fact Obama swore it wasn't a tax (until the SC said it was). I suppose you think it's great that the IRS will be penalizing thousands of people that can't afford the insurance.

And yes....Obama said insurance policies could be grandfathered in, but conveniently left out the part UNLESS IT'S TOO SHITTY TO BEGIN WITH. Those policies were NOT shitty, they just happen to not cover things the people that had them didn't need anyway. Now they have to have a policy covering things they'll never use and it's costing them more.
the young and healthy can purchase a reasonably priced catastrophic plan. I'm sure you knew that.
the ACA had taxes written in from the beginning and were available for the public to read about. you heard about the tax on Cadillac plans, on medical devices, etc. don't pretend you didn't know.
an insurance policy that doesn't cover hospital stays is a SHITTY plan. :)

Caroljo

Senator
the young and healthy can purchase a reasonably priced catastrophic plan. I'm sure you knew that.
the ACA had taxes written in from the beginning and were available for the public to read about. you heard about the tax on Cadillac plans, on medical devices, etc. don't pretend you didn't know.
an insurance policy that doesn't cover hospital stays is a SHITTY plan. :)
Yes, the young and healthy CAN get a reasonable plan, as long as their poor also. My daughter's friend got a plan for $34/month. She was really excited. She only makes $11/hr full time. Then she decided to get a part time job in the evenings at a restaurant/bar for some extra money to help buy another car because hers was really giving her problems and was very old. She had to let her insurer know about the change in her wages. Now, part time waiting tables she would be making about $2.76/hr plus tips. You can't know what your tips will be ahead of time. Her insurance jumped up to almost $250/month just because of that 2 to 3 night a week part time job! She no longer has insurance....she needs a car for work and had to decide which was more important right now. How fair is that?

Many of the policies that were dropped were NOT bad, and the ones I know of all covered hospital stays.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Yes, the young and healthy CAN get a reasonable plan, as long as their poor also. My daughter's friend got a plan for $34/month. She was really excited. She only makes $11/hr full time. Then she decided to get a part time job in the evenings at a restaurant/bar for some extra money to help buy another car because hers was really giving her problems and was very old. She had to let her insurer know about the change in her wages. Now, part time waiting tables she would be making about $2.76/hr plus tips. You can't know what your tips will be ahead of time. Her insurance jumped up to almost $250/month just because of that 2 to 3 night a week part time job! She no longer has insurance....she needs a car for work and had to decide which was more important right now. How fair is that?

Many of the policies that were dropped were NOT bad, and the ones I know of all covered hospital stays.
as you cons are wont to say, it's individual liberty to NOT carry health insurance. let the gal go uncovered then. it's not as if you cons care about her or anyone else.

Caroljo

Senator
as you cons are wont to say, it's individual liberty to NOT carry health insurance. let the gal go uncovered then. it's not as if you cons care about her or anyone else.
I do care about her, she's like another daughter. I'd say Obama doesn't care...he's supposed to know what all is in this piece of trash, so he knows many people can't afford it and why.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I do care about her, she's like another daughter. I'd say Obama doesn't care...he's supposed to know what all is in this piece of trash, so he knows many people can't afford it and why.
another thing....life's not fair.
if you cons seriously wanted everyone to be covered, you'd support single-payer, like Medicare-4-all. since you don't, take your whines and stuff it.

Caroljo

Senator
another thing....life's not fair.
if you cons seriously wanted everyone to be covered, you'd support single-payer, like Medicare-4-all. since you don't, take your whines and stuff it.
We know that libs don't care what a piece of trash Obamacare is....what's going to be interesting to see is when everyone starts submitting their 2014 taxes and they find they've lost their subsidies because they didn't originally claim all their income. Or when they lose them because it's found out they should never have gotten them in the first place. Or the ones that couldn't afford the insurance to begin with because of other financial obligations but were told they made too much for a subsidy, start getting FINED for not having insurance....I can just hear the whining now!!

Fast Eddy

Mayor
At the moment, I have no intention of voting at all.
If I see a good candidate, I'll change my mind.
I did the same thing in 2000 when it was Gore vs GWBush............and we still got Bush (At least we didn't get Gore or we would have hit the bad place where we are now a lot sooner).

When I heard that Jeb liked Common Core (and it is horrible) and heard his amnesty statements......... those were deal breakers for me.
I think many of us are in a real quandary as how to vote. we need to find a way to get people we like on the ballet, it seems to be at odds with the party power structure.

Jen

Senator
I think many of us are in a real quandary as how to vote. we need to find a way to get people we like on the ballet, it seems to be at odds with the party power structure.
The thing is, a far right candidate will only appeal to the far right and has little chance of winning. Think Michelle Bachman - who actually said she would NOT compromise and compare that to Obama's unwillingness to compromise. That attitude screws up the nation.

While we might not agree with a lot of centrist ideas, it is better to run the nation from the center. That way, more people are happy with the results.

Whether we like it or not, a more centrist candidate is the one that will be the best President. Clinton is considered to have been a good president by a broad spectrum of people. He was a centrist with liberal leanings. This time around, we need a centrist with conservative leanings. Jeb fits that bill............... if the hard right (I include myself there) can come to terms with his views on things like illegal immigration and Common Core.

Willingness to compromise where compromise is possible is the key - the most important factor. I am willing to compromise on some things. It's hard on the two things I have mentioned here. But given the alternative (Hillary) ...... it becomes easier.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
We know that libs don't care what a piece of trash Obamacare is....what's going to be interesting to see is when everyone starts submitting their 2014 taxes and they find they've lost their subsidies because they didn't originally claim all their income. Or when they lose them because it's found out they should never have gotten them in the first place. Or the ones that couldn't afford the insurance to begin with because of other financial obligations but were told they made too much for a subsidy, start getting FINED for not having insurance....I can just hear the whining now!!
what's the republican plan?

fairsheet

Senator
I don't see an issue or how that is being a hypocrite?

We all take advantage of the laws in the best way we can.

I am for parts of Obamacare like children on parents policies longer, preexisting conditions being covered, and everyone having access to health care. What myself and a lot of other people were against were the lies to get it passed and the lies about how it would be paid for.

That you "don't see the issue" is par for your course.

fairsheet

Senator
Obamacare-hate has now devolved itself down to absolute ridiculousness. The Fox/GOPSTER'S lifeline seems tpo be these "lies" we keep hearing about. But, even if lies were told, they can't tell us why those presumptive "lies" are apropos of shit.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Obamacare-hate has now devolved itself down to absolute ridiculousness. The Fox/GOPSTER'S lifeline seems tpo be these "lies" we keep hearing about. But, even if lies were told, they can't tell us why those presumptive "lies" are apropos of shit.
I'll never figure out what it is about cons that keeps them sooo angry for sooo long over something that actually benefits them.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
That you "don't see the issue" is par for your course.
Obamacare new enrollment still hasn't reached the number of new sign ups or young healthy enrollees that people here at PJ said it would take to be successful AND pay for itself. But I guess just changing the numbers works for some.

I think we have a post here "Go on the record on obamacare" to show that the supporters have changed the numbers needed.

Parts of it have been very successful and should be kept.

EatTheRich

President
There is enough difference that I will still vote GOP for the time being.
GOP = stronger military
Dim = strips our military and weakens us.

While I don't like going to war to "spread democracy" I do want some strength protecting us and there's more strength with the GOP. For that reason, GOP is the lesser of the two evils.
Did the war in Iraq strengthen the military? Agree or not, it was a Republican who decided to go to war.