• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Jeb Bush & ObamaCare

fairsheet

Senator
Yes, the young and healthy CAN get a reasonable plan, as long as their poor also. My daughter's friend got a plan for $34/month. She was really excited. She only makes $11/hr full time. Then she decided to get a part time job in the evenings at a restaurant/bar for some extra money to help buy another car because hers was really giving her problems and was very old. She had to let her insurer know about the change in her wages. Now, part time waiting tables she would be making about $2.76/hr plus tips. You can't know what your tips will be ahead of time. Her insurance jumped up to almost $250/month just because of that 2 to 3 night a week part time job! She no longer has insurance....she needs a car for work and had to decide which was more important right now. How fair is that?

Many of the policies that were dropped were NOT bad, and the ones I know of all covered hospital stays.

We can debate the exact number - 6 million?, 8 Million?, 10Million? net "insured" gain prompted by Obamacare, rendering anecdotes about random individuals interesting but not particularly dispositive. It's a "break some eggs" to make an omelet kinda thing.

As far as I'm concerned, our guvmint -GOP AND Dem- has spent far too long ignoring the greater good in favor of their specific "fan bases". You can shout all you want about how this poor gal lost her $34 dollars a month "health plan" and just how wondrous that plan was but....it doesn't take a certified actuary to figure out just how much $34 buys!

If we assume your story is valid, that gal was getting next to nothing for her $34. So, now she's saving that $34 and still getting next to nothing! What, me worry?

fairsheet

Senator
Obama is more conservative than Nixon and the Republicans are more conservative still.
Your comparison of Nixon with Obama, isn't just hyperbole! There's considerable evidence to suggest that Nixon was SO paranoid, that a lot of what he did was an effort to out-Democrat the Democrats.

Caroljo

Senator
We can debate the exact number - 6 million?, 8 Million?, 10Million? net "insured" gain prompted by Obamacare, rendering anecdotes about random individuals interesting but not particularly dispositive. It's a "break some eggs" to make an omelet kinda thing.

As far as I'm concerned, our guvmint -GOP AND Dem- has spent far too long ignoring the greater good in favor of their specific "fan bases". You can shout all you want about how this poor gal lost her $34 dollars a month "health plan" and just how wondrous that plan was but....it doesn't take a certified actuary to figure out just how much $34 buys!

If we assume your story is valid, that gal was getting next to nothing for her $34. So, now she's saving that $34 and still getting next to nothing! What, me worry?
She got that $34 a month insurance through OBAMACARE!!! It wasn't insurance she'd lost because it wasn't good enough, it was through the ACA!! When she got it, she was told she had to let them know if her income changed at all. So when she got that part time job for $2.76/hr plus tips to try to save money for a car, she was told her insurance premium would jump to about $250 a month! In other words...because of that small hike in income, she lost her subsidy.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
Jeb is a RINO progressive for Obamacare, immigration and Common Core. He is for what I hate and is not a Republican.
Vote NO on JEB.