• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Jobless Rate Falls

OldGaffer

Governor
Wrong Lukey, GMs creditors were going to force the dismemberment and sale of all proprty and assests, GM would have ceased to exist, along with Chrysler.

Lukey

Senator
Wrong Lukey, GMs creditors were going to force the dismemberment and sale of all proprty and assests, GM would have ceased to exist, along with Chrysler.
What do you think the buyers would do with these assets, throw them in the ocean? Sale of assets allows someone else to use them to make the product. The UAW would have ceased to exist, not GM.

lukey probably makes less than a 100 grand a year and spends his evenings looking at photo's of billionaires...the worshiping of rich people has got to stop folks...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Really? Where were you when the Bush administration decided to out a CIA agent to get at her husband? What were you saying when the Bush folks said that Iraq was soon to have a nuclear weapon? What did you think when they said Saddam was close to having RC drones that could disperse chemical or bio weapons over coastal cities?

As far as I know you are a republican and the truth comes with a rightward slant....

degsme

Council Member
No it hasn't. The Obama Regime is dinking with the numbers. Actual unemployment is around 11% and the underemployment rate approaching 20%.
Using the same measures, Reagan's unemployment rate Peaked at 25% and his underemployment rate approached 30%

GWB's underemployment rate was a steady 10% for a decade with spikes to 20%...

Apples to apples comparisons please.

Lukey

Senator
Really? Where were you when the Bush administration decided to out a CIA agent to get at her husband? What were you saying when the Bush folks said that Iraq was soon to have a nuclear weapon? What did you think when they said Saddam was close to having RC drones that could disperse chemical or bio weapons over coastal cities?

As far as I know you are a republican and the truth comes with a rightward slant....
Nobody (N.O.B.O.D.Y.) complained more bitterly and demanded Rove's head more loudly than I did over that treasonous act. No one (N.O. O.N.E.) argued more vociferously that the Bush Administration was lying about Iraq WMD's & military capabilities (as well as the cost estimates for the war). I doubt you had the courage to go on the record in public accusing him of starting the Iraq war for the specific (and crass) purpose of ensuring his re-election. Bush was the worst President ever (but Obama is giving him a run for the money in that department).

MaryAnne

Governor
GM would have been better off without the bailout. If it went through a normal bankruptcy and reorganization the problems that caused it to fail would have been actually fixed.

As it is, they haven't been which means history will repeat itself, and there will be no bailouts next time.

They lost 1.6 billion developing fire trap know as the volt which nobody wanted to buy, even before they knew it caught fire. What a piece of government subsidized crap.

How does it feel to be a Welfare Recipient?
BS! It is clear you know nothing at all about the bailout and what would have happened to the employees ands retirees.

Both companies were made to get rid of the dead head management, and now the employees are sharing in the work they do with bonuses.

The money is paid back ,thousands of new jobs created,plants opening all over.And employees are being hired too. Think of the taxes they pay,if that does not suit.

The auto compabies have parts plants all over the Country.They are booming now,some in my area working 7 days a week. They are having trouble getting experienced workers.

Short sightedness seems to be a way of life with the Republican party.That is why the Dems are called,"Progessives!"

Welfare,my a**! Those workers work hard for their money!

MaryAnne

Governor
What do you think the buyers would do with these assets, throw them in the ocean? Sale of assets allows someone else to use them to make the product. The UAW would have ceased to exist, not GM.
Lukey.I understand you worked hard to be a good pilot.I applaud you for that.

On the other hand it might pay to listen to Old Gaffer,who has been on the inside and knows.

I watched what went on with GM since the 1950's.Saw the strikes fro decent benefits and wages.Watched the decline because Management screamed,"Send them out,no matter what is wrong while the employees were frustrated." Watched the decline while management blamed labor,as did most of the country. Anything to make a profit for management.

Now,thanks to the bailout, all that old moribund management is gone with their millions. Workers paid the price with less and less in the form of give backs.

You,of all people should appreciate someone covering your back because it is a sure cinch management will not do that!

I really do not understand how you can bite the hand that feeds you. Most pilots are in Unions.

OldGaffer

Governor
Like the buyers did with Hummer? Saturn? Saab? Nope, the land and buildings were worth more to the creditors than the production, GM would have ceased to exist, along with a million American jobs. You probably drive an import in any case, so it would not have affected you.

Lukey

Senator
Lukey.I understand you worked hard to be a good pilot.I applaud you for that.

On the other hand it might pay to listen to Old Gaffer,who has been on the inside and knows.

I watched what went on with GM since the 1950's.Saw the strikes fro decent benefits and wages.Watched the decline because Management screamed,"Send them out,no matter what is wrong while the employees were frustrated." Watched the decline while management blamed labor,as did most of the country. Anything to make a profit for management.

Now,thanks to the bailout, all that old moribund management is gone with their millions. Workers paid the price with less and less in the form of give backs.

You,of all people should appreciate someone covering your back because it is a sure cinch management will not do that!

I really do not understand how you can bite the hand that feeds you. Most pilots are in Unions.
I think maybe you have confused me with Stan.

Lukey

Senator
Like the buyers did with Hummer? Saturn? Saab? Nope, the land and buildings were worth more to the creditors than the production, GM would have ceased to exist, along with a million American jobs. You probably drive an import in any case, so it would not have affected you.
I dare you to find me any credible account (in the business press - not the left wing blog-o-sphere) prior to the bailout that seriously discussed the likelihood that GM would cease to exist if the government didn't get involved.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. I read Bush's comments to his biographer in 1999, saying "if I get a chance to invade"....citing the need to be seen as a war time president to get a second term. I did know at least some of the motivation had to do with the 2004 election.

2. What was your nic at the fray? It certainly seems that all of your posts here are anti-Obama, 7 by 24. I don't remember you saying anything at all about Cantor's bullshit jobs bills or Boehner's use of the debt ceiling bill to try to get cuts in SS or Medicare....Just what was your thought on the credit downgrade as it relates to Boehners bullshit?

3. Any comparison to other major recessions (ie Reagan and 1981), would show that it takes a long time to turn the economy around. A fair appraisal of Obama's domestic policies would not make him in the same category of presidents occupied by the likes of Bush....the Cash for Clunkers legislation was a waste of time, but everything else has served to either soften the impact on millions of people (the stimulus, extensions to unemployment, tax cuts) or to spur the economic recovery (GM loans, tax cuts). The impact of the Affordable Care Act remains to be seen, but what has been implemented has been positive.

OldGaffer

Governor
1. I read Bush's comments to his biographer in 1999, saying "if I get a chance to invade"....citing the need to be seen as a war time president to get a second term. I did know at least some of the motivation had to do with the 2004 election.

2. What was your nic at the fray? It certainly seems that all of your posts here are anti-Obama, 7 by 24. I don't remember you saying anything at all about Cantor's bullshit jobs bills or Boehner's use of the debt ceiling bill to try to get cuts in SS or Medicare....Just what was your thought on the credit downgrade as it relates to Boehners bullshit?

3. Any comparison to other major recessions (ie Reagan and 1981), would show that it takes a long time to turn the economy around. A fair appraisal of Obama's domestic policies would not make him in the same category of presidents occupied by the likes of Bush....the Cash for Clunkers legislation was a waste of time, but everything else has served to either soften the impact on millions of people (the stimulus, extensions to unemployment, tax cuts) or to spur the economic recovery (GM loans, tax cuts). The impact of the Affordable Care Act remains to be seen, but what has been implemented has been positive.
Cash for clunkers had a positive side, it brought traffic into dealer showrooms, many of whom were on the ropes because of the recession, it also got rid of a lot of clunker cars that really needed to get off the highways.

Lukey

Senator

I went by HST-libertarian. And I was every bit as anti-Bush then as I am anti-Obama now. I voted for Gore and Kerry. See, I recognize bad policy as bad policy without checking first to see which ideology is pushing it (like so many around these parts tend to do). Cantor's bullshit jobs bill and Boehner's use of the debt ceiling to cut spending didn't bother me because they don't grow government. I've long held the view (even before I realized that I was a libertarian) that big government was behind the long term social and economic decline in America. I suppose there is hope for you if you realize how tragically wasteful "cash for clunkers" was. But all Obama's "big government" policy is just pressing on the accelerator on the highway to failure. Look at the eurozone. Or California for that matter:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-state-budget-20120107,0,746147.story

This is our future under the progressive policies you champion. It might make you feel good deep down inside, but I can't for the life of me figure out how an intelligent person can look at them and think, "yeah, that's working."

Lapcat

Governor
That's funny....since.....with all those soldiers coming home and being unemployed....and with all those temporary Christmas/seasonal employees being out of work now.....and with the Tier IV kicking in and causing all those folks that have been off the rolls for almost a year now to be BACK ON the unemployment rolls....I'd have to say that the REAL unemployment numbers have actually gone UP, not down.

But hey...never EVER let the facts, the truth and the reality get in the way of the average leftie and their agenda....

eh?

Lapcat

Governor
Lefties will ALWAYS believe the leftie swill they hear from the leftie media.....

cause they WANT to believe it.

No it hasn't. The Obama Regime is dinking with the numbers. Actual unemployment is around 11% and the underemployment rate approaching 20%. Don't believe all the shit you see on CNN.

Lapcat

Governor
It would be great news....

IF it were true.

Too bad lefties can't discern the difference....tsk tsk.

And of course ....lefties always ignore THIS part of the article....

"The unemployment rate has fallen, in part, because young people have delayed finishing school, and those attempting to re-enter the labor market have given up looking for work," Bronars said."
More bad news for the Wingers.

Lapcat

Governor
You mean....kinda like you lefties re: reality? (duh)

"The unemployment rate has fallen, in part, because young people have delayed finishing school, and those attempting to re-enter the labor market have given up looking for work," Bronars said.
Notice how quick this post went flying to the bottom:eek:) Fingers in ears,"Lalalalala!" :Cry: :lol: :scared: