• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Jobs are a by-product of wealth

justoffal

Senator
It has always been this way and always will be. Whenever you try to reverse the mechanics of that equation you immediately create the social dependency that destroys nations.

Find me one single business owned and operated by anyone, Republican, Democrat, Independent that doesn't stay in business because it is profitable...show me a business that is dedicated to making jobs before it makes profits....there is only one in this country that I know of....the US government and as expected it is losing money all the time.

JO

justoffal

Senator
That's not to say that those who create jobs should not have some sense of obligation to those who work for them. However if everyone could create a job...no one would ever need to work for anyone.

That's not to say that those who create jobs should not have some sense of obligation to those who work for them. However if everyone could create a job...no one would ever need to work for anyone.
I would agree that a person who creates a job(s) has an obligation to his/her employees.

OldGaffer

Governor
When 72% of the fortune 400 inherited their wealth and did not create shit, I see no reason to worship the bastards.

OldGaffer

Governor
Another Republican RINO:

Teddy Roosevelt on labor unions

"
It is essential that there should be organizations of labor.This is an era of organization.Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize." 1912

Before there was money, were there jobs? Did rich people invent working for a living? They do so much for us, we should give them a tax cut. In fact, we should memorialize them with their own holiday. Call it " Prostration Day".

NightSwimmer

Senator
It has always been this way and always will be.
You aren't nearly old enough, nor wise enough, to know "what has always been and always will be". The truth is that most of the private sector jobs created in America over the past few decades have been created by small businesses. One need not be wealthy to create either jobs or profits.

Your childlike understanding of economics only leads to more tax exemptions for spoiled, lazy farts who inherit wealth and then sit on it and watch it grow.

aimages.askmen.com_photos_paris_hilton_85918.jpg

How many jobs will Paris create with her tax breaks?

Hint: BJ's don't count. ;)

degsme

Council Member
Jobs are a by-product of wealth
It has always been this way and always will be.​
As Richard Fenyman so derisively put it.... "not even wrong".

I can show you lots of businesses that stay in business even though they are not profitable. We can start with Anne Romney's joint partnership in the Million Plus Dollar dressage horse "Rafalca" http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/27/us/politics/ann-romneys-hobby-spotlights-world-of-dressage.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1 which - like most of these "horse businesses" really are a way for the wealthy to write off their hobbie as tax deductible "business" expenses".

You can add in all the "not for profit" foundations that are started and then pay their founders high salaries but NO PROFITS.

But frankly that's besides the point. Because PROFIT and "WEALTH" are not necessarily the same things. What defines 'wealth' in a society is defined by the society itself. It is NOT NECESSARILY CASH.... As Ben Franklin so abley pointed out in many of his writings http://books.google.com/books?id=nzxDAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA70&dq=property+is+a+creature+of+society+Franklin+books&hl=en&sa=X&ei=rUXET4S7L8XKiQLUyJmbCA&ved=0CDoQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

show me a business that is dedicated to making jobs before it makes profits....there is only one in this country that I know of....the US government
Clearly "what you know" and what actually exists out there in the real world are two different things. I've known people to set up corporations just so that the foredeck on their racing boat can have an "official job" that looks important enough to qualify him for a car loan.

[/INDENT]

justoffal

Senator
Good Point....I think the old adage proves true ....give a man a fish...or teach him to fish. In the case of the top tier spoiled brats who inherited everything....I suppose they escape the consequences of a lazy lifestyle....at least for a generation or two.

justoffal

Senator
Right back atchya! Not even wrong!

These are precisely the kinds of parasites I am talking about....they are not in business per se...they are in reciept of one form or another of welfare from another source that is profitable. Jobs that are created by this kind of bestowed wealth are not jobs in the true sense. The fact that some republicans do this too does not diminish the point nor does it change my mind. I already told you more than once that I don't like Romney very much....but when one is given the choice between distasteful and down right poisonous...well I think the choice is obvious. So we go with the guy who will definitely destroy capitalism and thereby usher in some imagined utopia ( where everyone starves to death and income inequality reaches levels never before even dreamed of ) or we go with the @sshole who knows how to keep it running...even though he's an @sshole.

We seem to be on the same channel here....

JO

justoffal

Senator
He's right though....there are many examples of so called left wing progressives that are staunch conservatives when it comes to money matters.....this is ultimate hypocrisy IMO.

Kerry, Kennedy....just to name a couple

justoffal

Senator
Yes...before the fiat systems we had a much more accountable method of transferring wealth.... You can't eat a dollar bill but you sure as hell can eat six hen's eggs. We could never do that today because there's just too many of us to make that kind of system work.....but was it better? I think so.

justoffal

Senator
On Keynes...

After much thought and consideration I am gong to back him up in the one concept that he advocates in all of his works.. that concept I shall call The preservation concept. I recognize the patterns of an engineering mind in his approach whenever he sounds the alarm on the willingness to allow entire infrastructures ( by this I mean human talent as well as physical goods ) to simply collapse into ruin thereby making a recovery so much more difficult. This is a standard in all engineering fields and easily recognized by anyone who is involved with systems maintenance. Think of a huge industrial boiler for instance. In lay up and during times when it is not being used....there is a process to follow that will preserve the machinery, the joints, the surfaces and the general circulation structure of that boiler. It is not cheap by any means...but to ignore this procedure is to doom the boiler to destruction almost certainly. I suppose I could draw the parallel to Keynes insistence that keeping the populous up and moving keeps them in fighting trim for the next period of prosperity.

This concept is correct and should be defended.

JO