• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Joe Biden: Some Racial Segregationists Are Very Fine People!

• Thread starter Deleted member 21794
  • Start date
Medicare Part D was not liberal at all. If anything it was a payoff to big pharma. Did you miss that it did not allow the government to negotiate with drug companies for discounts?

When did "war monger" become a liberal trait?
Payoffs to big pharma (and big tech) are hallmarks of Democrat policies of the past 20 years. Pharma and medical insurance corporations wrote Obama's disastrous health care legislation.

EatTheRich

President
Fawning?
http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2019/images/04/11/biden.eastland.letter.1.pdf

Nope...not that one.

Biden was trying to pass legislation against court ordered busing....the letter to Eastland
"I want you to know I appreciate your help"....and "Many thanks"...is pro forma. Nothing fawning about it.

Why don't you link to the letter you are talking about....you know the one...where Joe says they are fine people.
So he didn’t say they were fine people, he just needed their help to advance his segregationist agenda.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
He ran for office on a segregationist (anti-busing) platform himself.
Busing was a disaster. It was dropped because it was such a mess. Biden's plan was to address school segregation differently, mostly by reforming housing so that blacks were not segregated by residential areas.

Biden was not in favor of segregation.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Payoffs to big pharma (and big tech) are hallmarks of Democrat policies of the past 20 years. Pharma and medical insurance corporations wrote Obama's disastrous health care legislation.
As noted above, from its creation and through Bill Clinton’s presidency, Medicare lacked a prescription-drug benefit. It was not until 2003, under President George W. Bush, that Congress added the Part D benefit, through which Medicare pays for seniors’ prescription drugs. The enactment followed a controversial House roll call vote, which Republicans held open for several hours as party leadership maneuvered to secure enough votes for passage. One bargaining chip to attract market-oriented Republican votes was the so-called “noninterference clause”—a provision drug manufacturers had a major role in writing and getting through Congress—which banned negotiations between Medicare and pharmaceutical companies on drug prices and prevented the government from developing its own formulary or pricing structure. Instead of CMS negotiating on Part D plans’ behalf, prescription drug plans compete for enrollees and negotiate directly with manufacturers.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20160919.056632/full/

EatTheRich

President
Busing was a disaster. It was dropped because it was such a mess. Biden's plan was to address school segregation differently, mostly by reforming housing so that blacks were not segregated by residential areas.

Biden was not in favor of segregation.
It was dropped because of violent segregationist riots (Battle of Boston). The “disaster” was desegregation.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It was dropped because of violent segregationist riots (Battle of Boston). The “disaster” was desegregation.
There were a lot of reasons busing ended. I would not have wanted my son to be bused from a good suburban school to an urban school just to make that school less black.
In many cases you were talking about forcing kids to be on buses for long rides to and from school. Would it help to make a school better? Hell no. The funding basis for the schools remained the same. Schools near my home were well funded, due to high home prices and real estate taxes, which schools in the inner city were not.

Face it, busing was a feel good plan with no hope of success.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
When FDR got us into WWII to save the Depression he exacerbated with his big government spending. Duh.
FDR was a war monger for having helped the British survive Nazi attacks? Are you nuts?
I have to wonder what would have happened if the US had entered the war in 1939 instead of pretending that the Atlantic and Pacific oceans were sufficient to keep us out of it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
When FDR got us into WWII to save the Depression he exacerbated with his big government spending. Duh.
By the way...we got into WWII because the Japanese attacked the US fleet at Pearl Harbor and the Germans declared war a couple of days later...it was in all the papers.

EatTheRich

President
There were a lot of reasons busing ended. I would not have wanted my son to be bused from a good suburban school to an urban school just to make that school less black.
In many cases you were talking about forcing kids to be on buses for long rides to and from school. Would it help to make a school better? Hell no. The funding basis for the schools remained the same. Schools near my home were well funded, due to high home prices and real estate taxes, which schools in the inner city were not.

Face it, busing was a feel good plan with no hope of success.
The height of busing was the point of the least segregation in schools and the lowest gap between white and Black students’ performance on tests. Was there an underlying issue of housing segregation that busing failed to address? Sure. Was busing an inefficient way to address the problem and hard for working-class parents without a vigorous social support network to handle? Sure. Was it the best among some bad alternatives in the short term? Absolutely.

D

Deleted member 21794

So he didn’t say they were fine people, he just needed their help to advance his segregationist agenda.
Come on dude. Sure, Biden kept it on the DL. But he was pals with his fellow white segregationists.

D

Deleted member 21794

By the way...we got into WWII because the Japanese attacked the US fleet at Pearl Harbor and the Germans declared war a couple of days later...it was in all the papers.

Was 9/11 an act of war?

D

Deleted member 21794

As noted above, from its creation and through Bill Clinton’s presidency, Medicare lacked a prescription-drug benefit. It was not until 2003, under President George W. Bush, that Congress added the Part D benefit, through which Medicare pays for seniors’ prescription drugs. The enactment followed a controversial House roll call vote, which Republicans held open for several hours as party leadership maneuvered to secure enough votes for passage. One bargaining chip to attract market-oriented Republican votes was the so-called “noninterference clause”—a provision drug manufacturers had a major role in writing and getting through Congress—which banned negotiations between Medicare and pharmaceutical companies on drug prices and prevented the government from developing its own formulary or pricing structure. Instead of CMS negotiating on Part D plans’ behalf, prescription drug plans compete for enrollees and negotiate directly with manufacturers.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20160919.056632/full/
Yes, we already know Medicare Part D is a big government liberal program. But thanks for your support just the same.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Was 9/11 an act of war?
No. Not specifically. Since it was not a state actor there was no real entity to declare war on. The Taliban, not the legitimate and recognized government of Afghanistan, made themselves the target by refusing to surrender Bin Laden and other Al Qaeda leaders. Their complicity in the attacks made it an act of war.

You do know that I supported the invasion of Afghanistan, don't you? Not sure what your point is though.

D

Deleted member 21794

No it wasn't. It was a huge giveaway to drug companies in return for the campaign cash they threw at the RNC.
$33/month premium for older people's prescription drugs sounds like big government liberalism to me- and to most normal, non-partisan people with upper brain function.