• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Joe Biden under probe in Ukraine

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member

Investigators in Ukraine have launched a probe into former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden over allegations that he pressured Ukrainian officials to fire the country’s top prosecutor in 2016, according to a report.

The Ukrainian probe was launched in response to a court order, after the ousted prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, made an appeal for action in the matter, Shokin’s attorney, Oleksandr Teleshetsky, told The Washington Post.

“They need to investigate this. They have no other alternative,” Teleshetsky told the Post. “They are required to do this by the decision of the court. If they don't, then they violate a whole string of procedural norms.”

Ukraine’s State Bureau of Investigations confirmed a probe was underway, the Post reported.

Shokin has long objected to his removal, claiming Biden – who’s now running for president -- pushed for his firing because the prosecutor tried to investigate Burisma Holdings, the Ukrainian gas company where Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was a highly paid board member, reportedly receiving $83,000 per month.

Both Bidens have repeatedly denied any wrongdoing in connection with Ukraine. Hunter Biden pledged last year to avoid business deals with foreign entities if his father becomes president.

In a video from a Council on Foreign Relations event in 2018, Biden is heard bragging about using his influence to get Shokin fired, including threatening to call back a $1 billion loan from the U.S. government to Ukraine if the firing didn’t happen.

“I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion.’ I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,’” Biden says in the video, referring to a conversation with then-Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko.

“Well, son of a b----, he got fired,” Biden ad

The Ukraine is meddling in the 2020 election.....Trump's fault... IMEAPCH...IMPEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biden just lost ANY shot at the White House.

Investigators in Ukraine have launched a probe into former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden over allegations that he pressured Ukrainian officials to fire the country’s top prosecutor in 2016, according to a report.

The Ukrainian probe was launched in response to a court order, after the ousted prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, made an appeal for action in the matter, Shokin’s attorney, Oleksandr Teleshetsky, told The Washington Post.

“They need to investigate this. They have no other alternative,” Teleshetsky told the Post. “They are required to do this by the decision of the court. If they don't, then they violate a whole string of procedural norms.”

Ukraine’s State Bureau of Investigations confirmed a probe was underway, the Post reported.

Shokin has long objected to his removal, claiming Biden – who’s now running for president -- pushed for his firing because the prosecutor tried to investigate Burisma Holdings, the Ukrainian gas company where Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was a highly paid board member, reportedly receiving $83,000 per month.

Both Bidens have repeatedly denied any wrongdoing in connection with Ukraine. Hunter Biden pledged last year to avoid business deals with foreign entities if his father becomes president.

In a video from a Council on Foreign Relations event in 2018, Biden is heard bragging about using his influence to get Shokin fired, including threatening to call back a $1 billion loan from the U.S. government to Ukraine if the firing didn’t happen.

“I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion.’ I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,’” Biden says in the video, referring to a conversation with then-Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko.

The Ukraine is meddling in the 2020 election.....Trump's fault... IMEAPCH...IMPEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well son of a bitch......

At least Ukraine appears to care about corruption. Unlike the U.S.

Bugsy McGurk

President
All done above board to advance the publicly stated agenda of the US and other western nations. The prosecutor got fired for concealing corruption. In Trumplandia, that means he got fired for pursuing corruption.

Anyway, there’s no legitimate need to “investigate” what was done in public. Everyone knows what was done. But Trump corruptly demanded the announcement of a Biden investigation. His corrupt plot has succeeded, as his cultists roar with approval.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

There was no billion dollar loan from the US. It was a loan guarantee. Shokin is lucky that he isn't in prison.

I'm sure Jorge will be delighted to return to the Ukraine and testify in his own defense, once this crowd of people running for president thing blows over.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Daria Kaleniuk, director of Ukraine’s Anti-Corruption Action Center, said that under Ukrainian law, anyone could go to court and demand that the SBI open a case. If a court approved it, the SBI was required by law to do so, even if officials did not believe there was enough evidence.

“The fact that it was opened after a decision of the court indicates that first the SBI didn’t open this case, but the attorneys of Shokin made the SBI open this case,” she said.

“Let’s say I can write a claim to the SBI that I think aliens stole my car,” she continued. “And the SBI obviously will not open [a case] as there is not evidence of a crime. But then I can go to court and make the SBI open it, through a court decision. So this case looks to me like that.”

“If I was a SBI investigator, I would close that case immediately,” she said.

kaz

Small l libertarian
All done above board to advance the publicly stated agenda of the US and other western nations. The prosecutor got fired for concealing corruption. In Trumplandia, that means he got fired for pursuing corruption.

Anyway, there’s no legitimate need to “investigate” what was done in public. Everyone knows what was done. But Trump corruptly demanded the announcement of a Biden investigation. His corrupt plot has succeeded, as his cultists roar with approval.
Oh stop lying. He was investigating Biden when Biden used threatening to withhold US taxpayer money to get him fired.

Your lame crap that Biden wanted the guy investigating HIM to investigate corruption is as stupid as it sounds. As old as you are, all that spinning must make you queasy

Bugsy McGurk

President
Oh stop lying. He was investigating Biden when Biden used threatening to withhold US taxpayer money to get him fired.

Your lame crap that Biden wanted the guy investigating HIM to investigate corruption is as stupid as it sounds. As old as you are, all that spinning must make you queasy
Nonsense. You repeat the Trump/Rudy lies instead of confronting reality.

kaz

Small l libertarian
Nonsense. You repeat the Trump/Rudy lies instead of confronting reality.
You just lie more instead of addressing the point.

Biden leveraged US taxpayer money to get the guy investigating him to retire. You can spin until you're sick and you won't change that fact

Bugsy McGurk

President
You just lie more instead of addressing the point.

Biden leveraged US taxpayer money to get the guy investigating him to retire. You can spin until you're sick and you won't change that fact
Zzzz....

Boring winger lies never die. They just repeat them ad nauseam.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

God...keeping you informed is a never ending challenge.

There was no investigation into either Hunter or Joe Biden.

Joe Biden did not threaten to withhold US taxpayer money. He threatened to withhold a loan guarantee. Two very different things.

Shokin was as corrupt as they come. He made his chauffeur a federal prosecutor...how the guy made that leap is a good question...but then the diamond scandal happened and Shokin trashed everyone accusing his former driver of being a thief and later a murderer. Why do you think the loan guarantee was needed? Because the guy in charge of investigating corruption was looting the country.

kaz

Small l libertarian
God...keeping you informed is a never ending challenge.

There was no investigation into either Hunter or Joe Biden
They were investigating corruption in the Ukrainian national oil company. So yes, they were investigating both Biden and his son, Holmes