• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Joe Biden under probe in Ukraine

Investigators in Ukraine have launched a probe into former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden over allegations that he pressured Ukrainian officials to fire the country’s top prosecutor in 2016, according to a report.

The Ukrainian probe was launched in response to a court order, after the ousted prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, made an appeal for action in the matter, Shokin’s attorney, Oleksandr Teleshetsky, told The Washington Post.

“They need to investigate this. They have no other alternative,” Teleshetsky told the Post. “They are required to do this by the decision of the court. If they don't, then they violate a whole string of procedural norms.”

Ukraine’s State Bureau of Investigations confirmed a probe was underway, the Post reported.

Shokin has long objected to his removal, claiming Biden – who’s now running for president -- pushed for his firing because the prosecutor tried to investigate Burisma Holdings, the Ukrainian gas company where Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was a highly paid board member, reportedly receiving $83,000 per month.

Both Bidens have repeatedly denied any wrongdoing in connection with Ukraine. Hunter Biden pledged last year to avoid business deals with foreign entities if his father becomes president.

In a video from a Council on Foreign Relations event in 2018, Biden is heard bragging about using his influence to get Shokin fired, including threatening to call back a $1 billion loan from the U.S. government to Ukraine if the firing didn’t happen.

“I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion.’ I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,’” Biden says in the video, referring to a conversation with then-Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko.

“Well, son of a b----, he got fired,” Biden ad

The Ukraine is meddling in the 2020 election.....Trump's fault... IMEAPCH...IMPEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biden just lost ANY shot at the White House.

Yes, and Don Jr is aghast that a deadbeat trust fund baby like Hunter would skate through life on his daddy's name.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
They were investigating corruption in the Ukrainian national oil company. So yes, they were investigating both Biden and his son, Holmes
Bullshit, Holmes...

The investigation into Burisma was related to actions by the CEO long before Hunter Biden was on the board.

Ukraine agency says allegations against Burisma cover period before Biden joined

The National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) said an investigation was ongoing into permits granted by officials at the Ministry of Ecology for the use of natural resources to a string of companies managed by Burisma.

But it said the period under investigation was 2010-2012, and noted that this was before the company hired Hunter Biden.

“Changes to the board of Burisma Limited, which are currently the object of international attention, took place only in May 2014, and therefore are not and never were the subject of (the anti-corruption bureau’s) investigation,” the bureau’s statement said.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Daria Kaleniuk, director of Ukraine’s Anti-Corruption Action Center, said that under Ukrainian law, anyone could go to court and demand that the SBI open a case. If a court approved it, the SBI was required by law to do so, even if officials did not believe there was enough evidence.

“The fact that it was opened after a decision of the court indicates that first the SBI didn’t open this case, but the attorneys of Shokin made the SBI open this case,” she said.

“Let’s say I can write a claim to the SBI that I think aliens stole my car,” she continued. “And the SBI obviously will not open [a case] as there is not evidence of a crime. But then I can go to court and make the SBI open it, through a court decision. So this case looks to me like that.”

“If I was a SBI investigator, I would close that case immediately,” she said.

Rudy’s skulduggery yielded some fruit, but it’s obviously frivolous. Still, Trump and his assistant liars will slime Biden with the “investigation” announcement that Trump demanded through the Ukraine shakedown. Trump firmly believes that crime DOES pay, and his rabble heartily agrees.

kaz

Small l libertarian
Bullshit, Holmes...

The investigation into Burisma was related to actions by the CEO long before Hunter Biden was on the board.

Ukraine agency says allegations against Burisma cover period before Biden joined

The National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) said an investigation was ongoing into permits granted by officials at the Ministry of Ecology for the use of natural resources to a string of companies managed by Burisma.

But it said the period under investigation was 2010-2012, and noted that this was before the company hired Hunter Biden.

“Changes to the board of Burisma Limited, which are currently the object of international attention, took place only in May 2014, and therefore are not and never were the subject of (the anti-corruption bureau’s) investigation,” the bureau’s statement said.

Biden of course saw the risk that finding corruption they would extend the dates. He went to a lot of trouble to make sure that didn't happen

Bullshit, Holmes...

He doesn't mind being dishonest.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Biden of course saw the risk that finding corruption they would extend the dates. He went to a lot of trouble to make sure that didn't happen
And Kaz, of course, found himself in a corner and so pretends to be able to read Joe Biden's mind.

Spamature

President
I'm sure Jorge will be delighted to return to the Ukraine and testify in his own defense, once this crowd of people running for president thing blows over.
The Ukraine can go **** themselves. I am sure Iraq would love for Cheney to come there and testify in his own defense about the WMD he claimed they had. After all he left a whole lot of dead bodies on and in the ground behind that lie upon his exiting the office.

Bugsy McGurk

President
As yet the accusation has been that Biden getting Shokin fired is the corrupt act...now @kaz says Biden did something worthy of an investigation prior to that...I guess he just doesn't know what that might be.
Wingers have this amazing knack for ignoring the relentless corruption of the Trump crime syndicate and concocting a “Dem scandal” to endlessly pimp.

kaz

Small l libertarian
And Kaz, of course, found himself in a corner and so pretends to be able to read Joe Biden's mind.

Huh. Biden is about to be investigated. Biden stops the investigation by threatening Ukraine with taxpayer money. Something you consider impeachable. What part of his mind am I reading? LOL.

The initial period is 2010-2012 and Biden was bribed until 2009. Yeah, I'm reading his mind when he stopped that investigation ... Hillarious.

BTW, I haven't asked anyone to pet my legs, I'm definitely not reading his mind. That's a hard pass on that one

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Huh. Biden is about to be investigated. Biden stops the investigation by threatening Ukraine with taxpayer money. Something you consider impeachable. What part of his mind am I reading? LOL.

The initial period is 2010-2012 and Biden was bribed until 2009. Yeah, I'm reading his mind when he stopped that investigation ... Hillarious.

BTW, I haven't asked anyone to pet my legs, I'm definitely not reading his mind. That's a hard pass on that one
WTF are you smoking? Biden was bribed by whom until 2009? Any evidence? He didn't stop an investigation because there wasn't one.

The threat was that we would not guarantee a loan from the IMF for a billion. Do try to get the easy facts straight, would ya?

What was impeachable was when Trump broke the law and put a hold on a congressional appropriation without notifying congress.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
And middleview just regresses to his prior talking lies
so I guess you have no evidence that Joe Biden was being bribed up til 2009...
Prove I've lied. I've supplied links to verifiable evidence...you have not.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Posters, be ready for another " caravan", another round of lock her up bengazi trials, investigation into Bernie honeymooning in Moscow - that will be an impeachable offense - what was he thinking all those decades ago !

VP Trump* will roll out the same applause lines as he does at EVERY EGO RALLY,

HE WILL SMIRK AND THE BASE WILL CLAP LIKE TRAINED SEALS - nothing will change but the fact the impotent base is shrinking - not in weight but numbers.

kaz

Small l libertarian
so I guess you have no evidence that Joe Biden was being bribed up til 2009...
Prove I've lied. I've supplied links to verifiable evidence...you have not.
So your standard for yourself: Guilt by accusation
Your standard for others: Prove it, in a court of law ...

More of your stupid partisan crap. From the guy who expects others to enlist when they support an invasion, but you didn't enlist when you supported the Afghanistan invasion.

It's what partisan hackery causes.

And I want Biden INVESTIGATED. Again your double standard, no investigation of Democrats without proof before the investigation. Accusation is guilt for Republicans.

Hey, remember how you couldn't name a Democrat you blame for not enlisting in Vietnam, you couldn't name a Republican you were OK with not going. You couldn't name a military excursion by Democrats in the last 40 years you oppose or one by Republicans you support in the same time frame even whey they are ... the same excursion ...

Partisan ... hackery ... that's you!

kaz

Small l libertarian
Posters, be ready for another " caravan", another round of lock her up bengazi trials, investigation into Bernie honeymooning in Moscow - that will be an impeachable offense - what was he thinking all those decades ago !

VP Trump* will roll out the same applause lines as he does at EVERY EGO RALLY,

HE WILL SMIRK AND THE BASE WILL CLAP LIKE TRAINED SEALS - nothing will change but the fact the impotent base is shrinking - not in weight but numbers.
Isn't it funny how when the topic switches to the Republicans, that's exactly what you sound like!!!!

LMAO