• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

John Kerry, Anatomy of a Coward

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Posted on the Fray in 2004, And who could have forseen that only four years later we would have a President who makes John Kerry look like George Washington?

We do indeed live in interesting times. There was a time when one would have laughed at the notion that a man such as John Kerry could be elevated to the top of a major political party and represent that party as its presidential candidate. It almost seems to me that a huge joke has been played on the American people and I sometimes awaken thinking that I will discover that it was just a bad dream. That it was just an upset stomach or something else that disturbed my sleep and caused the nightmare. I keep thinking I will find in the morning that the Democrats have announced “relax guys, we were just kidding. Our REAL candidate is…”

Even the “weakness” of a president like Jimmy Carter did not assault and offend the senses and destroy all confidence in the political party system in this country as has the selection of John Kerry as the “top of the ticket” candidate of the Democrats. It is disgraceful; it is shameful and it is frightening. The idea of placing a physical and emotional coward in charge of this country is “beyond the pale”. It is unacceptable.

When John Kerry “volunteered” for Swift Boat duty he thought he was going into a safe theatre of war from which he could do his tour and secure for himself the benefits of a military record to help him in his political career. When the Swift Boat Mission changed, shortly after Kerry’s assignment, he found himself in a dilemma. Kerry was transferred from “Blue Water” coastal, relatively safe, duty to “Brown Water”, more dangerous work. Kerry, practiced at the art of deception began a campaign to reverse his fortunes.

One legitimate “superficial” wound (one that no other Service person would have even bothered with) earned Kerry a Purple Heart. Two other “self inflicted” wounds earned him two more Purple Hearts and a trip out of his tour of duty. A Bronze Star, earned from an “After Action report” filed by Kerry himself is suspect as well as The Silver Star he was awarded under dubious circumstances. In any case, John Kerry exhibited pure cowardice in leaving his post for better men to attend while he fled.

Twenty years in the Senate and John Kerry sponsored a bill to “Save the Dolphins”. He passed a bill to name a Federal building. He passed a bill to declare “Jackie Robinson Day” and he put into law a decree honoring “World Population”. The man has been a virtual dynamo of creative legislation.

John Kerry’s position changes are legendary and his lying and hypocrisy make for good comic relief. He seems incapable of taking a position and holding it for any length of time.

Kerry’s testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1971 is still a point of contention for many. His statements, it is believed, resulted in the deaths and/or additional torture of many POWs and Soldiers in the field. It painted John Kerry as an opportunist and a turncoat.

<i>"they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, (and) taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power..." Some veterans still blame John Kerry's testimony for lending credibility to a caricature of Vietnam veterans as lunatic baby-killers.</i>
Kerry has taken no less than eleven positions on the War in Iraq. It is impossible for a man who cannot take and hold a position to lead with any moral clarity and sense of purpose and direction.
<i>Kerry's 11 Positions
On The War In Iraq
------------------------------------------
1. October 2002: Kerry Voted For Use Of Force Resolution Against Iraq. Kerry and Edwards voted for the Congressional resolution authorizing the use of force against Iraq. (H. J. Res. 114, CQ Vote #237: Passed 77-23: R 48-1; D 29-21; I 0-1, 10/11/02, Kerry Voted Yea)
2. April 2003: Kerry Promised Not To Attack President When War Began, But Weeks Later, With Troops Just Miles From Baghdad, Kerry Broke His Pledge And Called For "Regime Change In The United States." (Glen Johnson, "Democrats On The Stump Plot Their War Rhetoric," The Boston Globe, 3/11/03; Glen Johnson, "Kerry Says Us Needs Its Own 'Regime Change,'" The Boston Globe, 4/3/03)

3. May 2003: In First Dem Debate, Kerry Strongly Supported President's Action in Iraq. SEN. JOHN KERRY: "I said at the time I would have preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." (ABC News, Democrat Presidential Candidate Debate, Columbia, SC, 5/3/03)

4. September 2003: Kerry Said Voting Against The $87 Billion Supplemental Would Be "Irresponsible." Doyle McManus (LA Times): "If that amendment does not pass, will you then vote against the $87 billion?" Kerry: "I don't think any United States senator is going to abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq to - to whatever follows as a result of simply cutting and running. That's irresponsible." (CBS's "Face the Nation," 9/14/03)

5. October 2003: Kerry Voted Against The $87 Billion Supplemental Supporting Our Troops. (S. 1689, CQ Vote #400: Passed 87-12: R 50-0; D 37-11; I 0-1, 10/17/03, Kerry Voted Nay)

6. January 2004: After Voting For War And Trailing Candidate Howard Dean In The Democrat Primaries, Kerry Says He Is Anti-War Candidate. CHRIS MATTHEWS: "Do you think you belong to that category of candidates who more or less are unhappy with this war, the way it's been fought, along with General Clark, along with Howard Dean and not necessarily in companionship politically on the issue of the war with people like Lieberman, Edwards and Gephardt? Are you one of the anti-war candidates?" KERRY: "I am -- Yes, in the sense that I don't believe the president took us to war as he should have, yes, absolutely." (MSNBC's "Hardball," 1/6/04)

7. August 2004: In Response To President's Question About How He Would Have Voted If He Knew Then What He Knows Now, Kerry Confirmed That He Would Still Have Voted For Use Of Force Resolution. SEN. JOHN KERRY: "Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it's the right authority for a president to have. But I would have used that authority as I have said throughout this campaign, effectively. I would have done this very differently from the way President Bush has." (CNN's "Inside Politics," 8/9/04)

8. September 2004: Kerry: Iraq Is "The Wrong War In The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time." "Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry on Monday called the invasion of Iraq 'the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time' and said his goal was to withdraw U.S. troops in his first White House term." (Patricia Wilson, " Kerry on Iraq: Wrong War, Wrong Place, Wrong Time", Reuters, 9/6/04)

9. September 2004: Kerry Says There Were No Circumstances Under Which We Should Have Gone To War, But He Was Still Right To Vote For It. IMUS: "Do you think there are any circumstances we should have gone to war in Iraq, any?" KERRY: "Not under the current circumstances, no. There are none that I see. I voted based on weapons of mass destruction. The President distorted that, and I've said that. I mean, look, I can't be clearer. But I think it was the right vote based on what Saddam Hussein had done, and I think it was the right thing to do to hold him accountable. I've said a hundred times, there was a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. The president chose the wrong way. Can't be more direct than that." (MSNBC's "Imus In The Morning," 9/15/04)

10. Kerry Said That The Removal Of Saddam Hussein Has Left America "Less Secure." KERRY: "Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator who deserves his own special place in hell. But that was not, that was not in and of itself, a reason to go to war. The satisfaction - The satisfaction that we take in his downfall does not hide this fact: we have traded a dictator for a chaos that has left America less secure." (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks At New York University, New York, NY, 9/20/04)

11. Kerry On Whether The Iraq War Was Worth It: "It Depends On The Outcome." DIANE SAWYER: "Was the war in Iraq worth it?" KERRY: "We should not have gone to war knowing the information that we know today." SAWYER: "So it was not worth it?" KERRY: "We should not - it depends on the outcome ultimately, and that depends on the leadership." (ABC's "Good Morning America," 9/29/04)</i>

As the campaign draws to a close John Kerry and the Democrats begin again to show their true colors. Floundering in the polls and frustrated that the American people are not falling for the lies and spins, the old tricks are coming into play.

<i>Bush will steal old people’s Social Security checks from them; Bush will draft young people and send them off to die</i>When it is Charlie Rangel and the Democrats who are pushing for a draft; <i>The Republicans are going to prevent Black people from voting; Bush will circumvent the Constitution.</i>

In John Kerry we see a man who will stop at absolutely nothing to achieve his own personal goals. Kerry wants to be president, yet no one really knows for sure just “why” he wants to be president. He hasn’t actually said why. Kerry has run on the position that he “is not George Bush”.

John Kerry will turn our security concerns over to the United Nations because he is a coward. John Kerry does not have the physical nor the emotional courage to defend this country. He will put us at risk not because he does not understand the seriousness of the threat we face but because he will be too afraid to act in the face of that threat.

Bottom line is this. John Kerry is not just a coward. He is a sniveling, snot dripping, shameful, humiliating, cringing mass of immobile flesh, unapologetic, dangerous COWARD.

Jack Dallas

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Hey Hey...Don't be hard on John Kerry...He will be the next Defense Secretary...Of course you can sqawk and moan if it makes you feel better...LOL