• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

John Muir, April 21, 1838

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I can't say whether I had heard the name before I moved to California, and more precisely, Northern California. Once I was there though, the name began to take on some significance. Muir Woods, Muir Beach...place names granted to the man were evident and his place as one of, if not THE leading environmentalist of our country became something I valued.

I worked in Yosemite for a season and it was there that I truly became an admirer of Muir's...and his future chronicler, photographer Ansel Adams. An east coast flatlander, I hadn't walked in the mountains previously. I was, let's say, flabbergasted by the beauty, by the gargantuan trees and by the ever changing vistas of the Sierra Nevada. First time I saw a Giant Sequoia I stared at it for 45 minutes...trying to digest a tree as big around as a house.

Muir's and Adams' inspirations gave me inspiration and made valuing nature and wilderness a lifelong spiritual consideration. I marvel at the natural world and find contemplative value in it unlike any other.

I had become a fan of Adams work prior to my Yosemite employment and I was excited to take a hike and get to this magic place:

Turns out, this is one of the most accessible spots in the entire valley, taken from the middle of The Valley Bridge bridge on the loop road, quite near the tourist facilities. The "hike" was about 500 yards from the employee camp. Still...magic.

If you've been, you understand. If you haven't, try to get there.

I can't say whether I had heard the name before I moved to California, and more precisely, Northern California. Once I was there though, the name began to take on some significance. Muir Woods, Muir Beach...place names granted to the man were evident and his place as one of, if not THE leading environmentalist of our country became something I valued.

I worked in Yosemite for a season and it was there that I truly became an admirer of Muir's...and his future chronicler, photographer Ansel Adams. An east coast flatlander, I hadn't walked in the mountains previously. I was, let's say, flabbergasted by the beauty, by the gargantuan trees and by the ever changing vistas of the Sierra Nevada. First time I saw a Giant Sequoia I stared at it for 45 minutes...trying to digest a tree as big around as a house.

Muir's and Adams' inspirations gave me inspiration and made valuing nature and wilderness a lifelong spiritual consideration. I marvel at the natural world and find contemplative value in it unlike any other.

I had become a fan of Adams work prior to my Yosemite employment and I was excited to take a hike and get to this magic place:

Turns out, this is one of the most accessible spots in the entire valley, taken from the middle of The Valley Bridge bridge on the loop road, quite near the tourist facilities. The "hike" was about 500 yards from the employee camp. Still...magic.

If you've been, you understand. If you haven't, try to get there.
Nothing in Nature Is Where It Belongs Unless Man Put It There

You're primitive nature-worship is literally as mindlessly superstitious as the numbskull beliefs of someone who believes in magic, which word you chant again and again like some witchdoctor's mumbo-jumbo.

Nature is a pretty sight only to those who are sitting pretty. To those of us who aren't self-indulgent Trustfundie Treehuggers or wannabes, it is raw material to turn into high-paying jobs and low-priced products.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Nothing in Nature Is Where It Belongs Unless Man Put It There

You're primitive nature-worship is literally as mindlessly superstitious as the numbskull beliefs of someone who believes in magic, which word you chant again and again like some witchdoctor's mumbo-jumbo.

Nature is a pretty sight only to those who are sitting pretty. To those of us who aren't self-indulgent Trustfundie Treehuggers or wannabes, it is raw material to turn into high-paying jobs and low-priced products.
You're very easily offended. I had no trust fund...and worked as a maid for 5 months so I could live in Yosemite. Jobs you say? Yes...because millions journey into nature's spectacle to see not products, but trees...and the few animals we still allow the privilege of roaming free. I found wonder in these creatures, those trees standing 26, 28 stories tall...with a circumference over 100 feet, to be worthy of respect; these living things thousands of years old. If you don't wish to revel in nature, then don't. But there is no reason to piss on others who do. Pretty simple stuff.

Fortunately, since folks like you exist and see the planet only as a source of profit, the Giant Sequoia has absolutely zero value as a building product.

You're very easily offended. I had no trust fund..

Fortunately, since folks like you exist and see the planet only as a source of profit, the Giant Sequoia has absolutely zero value as a building product.
The Uninhibited Development of Nature Is the Only Cause of Class Mobility

I included those pathetic class traitors who want to adopt the attitude of New Age Preppy degenerate lunatics. But you intentionally blotted that out because you only read what you want to be written. The Right and the Left are both led by HeirHead scum.

Your childish obsessive escapism leads to the further dishonesty of pretending that working people are only pawns of GreedHeads. It is also typical of your Preppie masters; they hate their workoholic rich fathers for neglecting them, so they give away their self-absorbed game by equating all development with fatcat owners, just like Elizabeth Warren does. She helped shut down thousands of high-paying jobs on the Keystone Pipeline because all she cares about is the millionaires who would also make money on it. Her Daddy wasn't rich, either, but she worships the Preppy Progressives just like you do.