• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Johns Hopkins: People are not born homosexual or transgender

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
This poses a significant riddle...

How is one born with an innate characteristic such as gay or straight or etc where the argument is that the unborn is not a human being inside the womb?

It's just a bunch of cells I thought...how is this possible...
All genetic characteristics develop while in the whom. What’s the issue with that?

Jen

Senator
An inclination toward emotional or physical attraction to one's own gender almost certainly has a genetic component. To engage in a homosexual relationship or sex act is a choice.
The same for gender dysphoria.

Some people have addictive personalities. Some people have violent tendencies. Etc.
Nature plays a part. Nurture plays a part.
Ultimately, though, the choice is the individual's.
A society is under no obligation to condone a personal choice.
Exactly.
We are who we are.......our feelings, our sexual attractions. Nature and nurture determine that.

But our actions are always a choice.

reason10

Governor
But there are no conclusions, correct?

The conclusions represented in the article are as concrete as any of your numbskull entitlement "opinions" about the subject. You *Edited* apparently believed your wrongheaded conclusions were enough to present in the court system, and some equally numbskull judges legislated from the bench, so consider these an alternative to the idiocy you people have been vomiting on American culture for the last 40 years.

Are you going to answer my question?

I have several times, throughout my stay here. *Edited*

If people choose to be gay, then are you choosing to be straight?

If you think you're somehow being original with that idiotic question, let me put your *edited* mind to rest. I've heard that same moronic question from liberals for the past 20 years. *Edited* To NOW educate you and bring you up to speed *Edited*, there has NEVER been a theory that a person chooses a sexual preference. The prevailing theory is that this aberrant trait is the result of environment. That has been the ONLY accurate clinical definition for centuries, before you *Edited* decided you didn't like the findings. Earlier in this thread, I spelled out that theory in greater detail, so don't try to act *Edited* dumb and pretend you don't understand it.

*****Edited*****

I know I’m certainly not, I’m straight and always have been. I couldn’t choose to be anything else, it’s strong. I’m interested to hear your take.

Last edited by a moderator:

reason10

Governor
This poses a significant riddle...

How is one born with an innate characteristic such as gay or straight or etc where the argument is that the unborn is not a human being inside the womb?

It's just a bunch of cells I thought...how is this possible...
What's really hilarious is a theory Rush Limbaugh had about 20 years ago. He claimed that if science were to be able to determine there WAS a homosexual gene, then the homosexual crowd would become the most vitriolic PRO LIFERS on the planet.

Just imagine. Adam And Steve marching in an anti-Roe v. Wade rally!

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
But there are no conclusions, correct?

The conclusions represented in the article are as concrete as any of your numbskull entitlement "opinions" about the subject. You *Edited* apparently believed your wrongheaded conclusions were enough to present in the court system, and some equally numbskull judges legislated from the bench, so consider these an alternative to the idiocy you people have been vomiting on American culture for the last 40 years.

Are you going to answer my question?

I have several times, throughout my stay here. *Edited*

If people choose to be gay, then are you choosing to be straight?

If you think you're somehow being original with that idiotic question, let me put your *edited* mind to rest. I've heard that same moronic question from liberals for the past 20 years. *Edited* To NOW educate you and bring you up to speed *Edited*, there has NEVER been a theory that a person chooses a sexual preference. The prevailing theory is that this aberrant trait is the result of environment. That has been the ONLY accurate clinical definition for centuries, before you *Edited* decided you didn't like the findings. Earlier in this thread, I spelled out that theory in greater detail, so don't try to act *Edited* dumb and pretend you don't understand it.

Then again, with you the dumb is no act.

(*KKK members do not suggest you're a part of a dwindling group of idiots that used to control the Democrat Party. The definition has to do with the amount of HATE you people vomit every day, not just in this forum but all over the [Unwelcome language removed] place.

*****Edited*****

I know I’m certainly not, I’m straight and always have been. I couldn’t choose to be anything else, it’s strong. I’m interested to hear your take.
So homosexuality is not s choice. Then we agree. And there are plenty on your side of the aisle that say it is. I’m glad you know better.

Is it nature or nurture then, that’s the question we have open. But no matter what my environment, I know I would be straight. There has to be some kind of predisposition to want to have sex with somebody of the same gender. I can’t say that environment has no impact, I don’t know that.

FakeName

Governor
Hide the sharp silverware. Nazis are going to be suicidal after hearing this.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/08/23/johns-hopkins-research-no-evidence-people-are-born-gay-or-transgender/?fbclid=IwAR0pPmJtL_n_X5fHL3AHhRqAvQDCJx0yqFk63tow-m2bFJ3D8lYZF8-jhwc
Johns Hopkins Research: No Evidence People Are Born Gay or Transgender
Scholars at Johns Hopkins University released a new report on Monday which argues that there is not sufficient evidence to suggest that lesbian, gay, or transgender people are born with this sexual orientation or gender identity.

"The idea there that sexual orientation is fluid, that people change as people grow," Lawrence Mayer, a co-author of the report and a scholar-in-residence at Johns Hopkins University's psychiatry department, as well as a professor of statistics and biostatistics at Arizona State University, told The Christian Post. "There are probably some people that identify as hetrosexual [sic] that then later on identified as homosexual, so it goes both ways. The importance there is the fluidity and flexibility that these things change in time."

See that, liberals. It's not an inborn trait, (not like your total lack of brains). There is NO EVIDENCE of a homosexual gene.

The study breaks down in three parts: First, Mayer and McHugh examined whether homosexuality is an inherited trait, and concluded that people are not simply "born that way." Second, they looked at the causes of the poor mental health associated with gay and transgender people, concluding that social stress does not explain all of it. Finally, they studied transgenderism, concluding that it is not innate and that transgender "treatments" are associated with negative outcomes.

This is so funny. I can just see liberals reading this and banging their melon heads against the wall.
So tell me about when you chose to be straight.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
There is research that shows all sorts of things. This certainly isn’t proof of anything by any means.

I certainly don’t choose to be straight. I couldn’t be gay, no matter how much I wanted to be. It is what it is.

If you believe it’s a choice to be gay (assuming you are straight), you would have the ability to choose to be sexually attracted to men (assuming you’re a male)?
This is terrible logic. Directly, you make argument for any sexual appetite anyone has. You may wish to re-...uhh...orient your argument.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
This is terrible logic. Directly, you make argument for any sexual appetite anyone has. You may wish to re-...uhh...orient your argument.
No, I believe that people are wired. We are who we are. Not everyone will act on their urges, but I believe it’s mainly preprogrammed genetically, with some outside influence.

reason10

Governor
This thread is not about choosing to be straight or homosexual. Geez! You left wankers can't even come up with anything original. *Edited* idiots have been asking that moronic question for over 20 years when they lose the argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
No, I believe that people are wired. We are who we are. Not everyone will act on their urges, but I believe it’s mainly preprogrammed genetically, with some outside influence.
Molesters worldwide thank you, I suspect.

Honestly, I don’t care who is gay. But a carte Blanche shrugging off of all appetites is bad societal math. Everything isn’t ok.

FakeName

Governor
This thread is not about choosing to be straight or homosexual. Geez! You left wankers can't even come up with anything original. *Edited* idiots have been asking that moronic question for over 20 years when they lose the argument.
This thread is about an article claiming homosexuality is not a trait people are born with. If it is not a trait people are born with then it is a choice. That is called logic.

FakeName

Governor
Molesters worldwide thank you, I suspect.

Honestly, I don’t care who is gay. But a carte Blanche shrugging off of all appetites is bad societal math. Everything isn’t ok.
Did he say all appetites are ok?

I must have missed that part.

reason10

Governor
So homosexuality is not s choice. Then we agree. And there are plenty on your side of the aisle that say it is. I’m glad you know better.

Nobody who has a job thinks homosexuality is a choice. We correctly believe it is a mental illness. And by the way, the same APA, who used to think it was a mental illness and then changed its mind is now saying that Pedophelia is no longer a mental illness and should be mainstreamed.

Normal people do not choose homosexuality because it is a sick and unnatural lifestyle. It would be like someone choosing cancer. Normal parents do not want their children to be homosexual, any more than they would want the kids to be born with any other birth defect. That why I maintain that if science ever did discover a homosexual gene, then homosexuals would be come very rabid pro-lifers.

Is it nature or nurture then, that’s the question we have open.

Is ANY mental illness nature or nurture.

But no matter what my environment, I know I would be straight. There has to be some kind of predisposition to want to have sex with somebody of the same gender. I can’t say that environment has no impact, I don’t know that.

One of the things that caused my college psychology professor to get so mad at me that she almost threw the DSMIV book at me was my question about how anyone could possibly base a career on a branch of alleged science with so many flaws and wrong conclusions. Maslow, Freud, these people were pervs. Nobody is an expert on psychology because the science of the human body is still centuries away from being fully understood. Doctors today are lucky to get anything right, and the profession still kills 2 million people a day. And psychology is the least understood.

Personally, I believe the APA made a mistake in going the politically correct route and downgrading homosexuality from a mental illness to an entitled class.

reason10

Governor
]This thread is about an article claiming homosexuality is not a trait people are born with. If it is not a trait people are born with then it is a choice. That is called logic.

Nope. That is called IGNORANCE.

Mental illness is never a choice. There are always factors that contribute. A person doesn't decide rationally that he will be physically attracted to another man, any more than he would decide that he's seeing pink elephants on the wall that are winking at him. He doesn't one day decide to be a rapist, to be a pedophile, to be a murderer. No rational person embraces mental illness.

Those of us with an education believe homosexuality is a product of ENVIRONMENT. And that leaves out personal choice.

To bring you up to speed on real science, the most important force in human existence is the ability to create life. It's the reason for the family law statutes in every state. It's the purpose of the institution of marriage. Heterosexuality is sanity. It is nature. Anything else is a disease, an abnormality.

Homosexuality is about as much a choice as cancer.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Did he say all appetites are ok?

I must have missed that part.
“If you believe it’s a choice to be gay (assuming you are straight), you would have the ability to choose to be sexually attracted to men (assuming you’re a male)?”

Moral imperative on “choosing” tastes as basis of evaluation.

Please don’t waste my time.

reason10

Governor
There's no question that people are wired. But where does the wiring take place? Does it take place during conception, when all the genetic codes are passed and placed into the creation of life? (Understand I'm not saying that a homosexual gene does not exist. Just because Johns Hopkins doesn't think humans are born with this trait doesn't mean scientists know everything. Scientists only THINK they know everything.)

Or does it take place during the childhood years in a dysfunctional household where there is a weak father and an overbearing mother?

In Crime and Delinquency class, we were give the theory that homes with an absentee father 8 times out of ten created criminals, drug dealers, murderers.

Ted Bundy was a product of abuse, and of never knowing his father. He was the textbook sociopath. In class we were told that one characteristic of sociopaths is their childhood killing of animals. Somehow their environment did something to their wiring. In fact, Bundy as a college graduate was able to identify the traits of a sociopath.

If environment can create a criminal, a mass murderer, etc, is it totally beyond the realm of possibility that environment couldn't create a homosexual, a pedophile or some other mental case?

FakeName

Governor
“If you believe it’s a choice to be gay (assuming you are straight), you would have the ability to choose to be sexually attracted to men (assuming you’re a male)?”

Moral imperative on “choosing” tastes as basis of evaluation.

Please don’t waste my time.
I still didn't see him say all appetites are ok.