• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Just like a mob trial, certain witnesses will be absent

Bugsy McGurk

President
First, of course, the boss himself - Trump - will be absent. He likes to stay far away from oath bibles.

And his two capos as to the caper in question - Giuliani and Mulvaney - will also be absent. Mulvaney was ordered by the boss to keep his yap shut, so he defied the congressional subpoena. At first he at least pretended that he was looking to the courts to give him cover for that violation of law, but then he just said screw it and went full lawless, refusing to show, and not even bothering to ask a judge to review his contempt of Congress.

Just like la Cosa Nostra, the Trump syndicate has layers. The boss is insulated by his capos, and his capos do their best to protect the boss by staying off the witness stand. That way the boss’s legal team - the GOP House jackals in this case - can claim that the boss was not in on the caper, and try to put the government (or someone else) on trial instead of the guilty boss.

In mob parlance it’s called having “buffers.” What we’re seeing now is much like the mafia’s structure to insulate the boss, as depicted in this scene from The Godfather...

Dino

Russian Asset
First, of course, the boss himself - Trump - will be absent. He likes to stay far away from oath bibles.

And his two capos as to the caper in question - Giuliani and Mulvaney - will also be absent. Mulvaney was ordered by the boss to keep his yap shut, so he defied the congressional subpoena. At first he at least pretended that he was looking to the courts to give him cover for that violation of law, but then he just said screw it and went full lawless, refusing to show, and not even bothering to ask a judge to review his contempt of Congress.

Just like la Cosa Nostra, the Trump syndicate has layers. The boss is insulated by his capos, and his capos do their best to protect the boss by staying off the witness stand. That way the boss’s legal team - the GOP House jackals in this case - can claim that the boss was not in on the caper, and try to put the government (or someone else) on trial instead of the guilty boss.

In mob parlance it’s called having “buffers.” What we’re seeing now is much like the mafia’s structure to insulate the boss, as depicted in this scene from The Godfather...

Trump's got lawyers huh?

Here's a trivia question for ya: what do Greg Craig, Cheryl Mills, Robert Bennett, and Emmett Flood all have in common?

Jen

Senator

Yes. And the real corruption (Biden) can't be talked about.

Kangaroo Court................ Democrat Circus of Idiots.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yes. And the real corruption (Biden) can't be talked about.

Kangaroo Court................ Democrat Circus of Idiots.
Trump is the subject of the impeachment inquiry. Not Biden.

But what do lawyers do when their client is guilty? They try to put the government or someone else on trial. That’s exactly what the GOP House jackals will try to do.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Trump's got lawyers huh?

Here's a trivia question for ya: what do Greg Craig, Cheryl Mills, Robert Bennett, and Emmett Flood all have in common?
Trump’s de facto lawyers are the GOP House jackals. They have no interest in the relevant facts. They will just try to change the subject and turn the proceedings into a circus.

P.S. The trial will be in the Senate.

Dino

Russian Asset
Trump’s de facto lawyers are the GOP House jackals. They have no interest in the relevant facts. They will just try to change the subject and turn the proceedings into a circus.

P.S. The trial will be in the Senate.
Okay Dodger, you didn't answer the question.

Who were the names I mentioned?
What role have they all played in recent U.S. history?
Give it a shot.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Okay Dodger, you didn't answer the question.

Who were the names I mentioned?
What role have they all played in recent U.S. history?
Give it a shot.
You know I don’t chase you people down your rabbit holes. Don’t waste time trying.

If you have a point, which looks unlikely, make it. And respond to what I said.

Dino

Russian Asset
You know I don’t chase you people down your rabbit holes. Don’t waste time trying.

If you have a point, which looks unlikely, make it. And respond to what I said.
Here's where I make my point, and your idiotic post self-destructs like messages from a Mission: Impossible episode...

The names I mentioned were Bill Clinton's lawyers.... from his impeachment process... I think you knew that.

So your post could easily have read:

Just like la Cosa Nostra, the Clinton syndicate has layers. The boss is insulated by his capos, and his capos do their best to protect the boss by staying off the witness stand. That way the boss’s legal team - the Dems' legal jackals in this case - can claim that the boss was not in on the caper, and try to put the government (or someone else) on trial instead of the guilty boss.

In mob parlance it’s called having “buffers.” What we’re seeing now is much like the mafia’s structure to insulate the boss, as depicted in this scene... which we already witnessed in 1998....

Bugsy McGurk

President
Here's where I make my point, and your idiotic post self-destructs like messages from a Mission: Impossible episode...

The names I mentioned were Bill Clinton's lawyers.... from his impeachment process... I think you knew that.

So your post could easily have read:

Just like la Cosa Nostra, the Clinton syndicate has layers. The boss is insulated by his capos, and his capos do their best to protect the boss by staying off the witness stand. That way the boss’s legal team - the Dems' legal jackals in this case - can claim that the boss was not in on the caper, and try to put the government (or someone else) on trial instead of the guilty boss.

In mob parlance it’s called having “buffers.” What we’re seeing now is much like the mafia’s structure to insulate the boss, as depicted in this scene... which we already witnessed in 1998....
Your babbling has NOTHING to do with my post. You completely evade the point, likely because you cannot refute it. So off you go, yapping about Clinton.

Just like the GOP jackals will do in the House, as they ignore what Trump did and try to change the subject.

Bugsy McGurk

President
You think Frankie Five Angels will show?
Nah, that’s a different Trump scandal. Roger Stone, when helping Trump to coverup the Trump/Kremlin election crimes, told his crony to “do a Frank Pentangeli” (in between threatening the crony and his dog).

Anyway, a classic scene...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, that’s a different Trump scandal. Roger Stone, when helping Trump to coverup the Trump/Kremlin election crimes, told his crony to “do a Frank Pentangeli” (in between threatening the crony and his dog).

Which? Is there a new version of the Mueller report out?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Bugsy McGurk

President
Nope. It’s all from the Roger Stone trial. Pretty shocking stuff that just gets buried amidst our daily blizzard of Trump outrages and scandals.

Example: Steve Bannon testified that Stone was Trump’s conduit to WikiLeaks. Very little press. We’re now absorbed by Trump’s Ukraine shakedown.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. It’s all from the Roger Stone trial. Pretty shocking stuff that just gets buried amidst our daily blizzard of Trump outrages and scandals.

Example: Steve Bannon testified that Stone was Trump’s conduit to WikiLeaks. Very little press. We’re now absorbed by Trump’s Ukraine shakedown.
Ok

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I doubt Mulvaney's posture of covering for the boss will earn him any favors from Trump as there's talk of blaming the Ukraine extortion solely on Mulvaney.
It's not like Trump is ever loyal to anyone.
There's also rumblings that Trump wants to fire Mulvaney.