• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Just when I thought Warren couldn't get any worse....

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I smell a lawsuit...He/she was entitled.
Not if the employee read and acknowledged a rule that says no free meals if you aren't on shift. Employees do not ring up their own free meals, only the manager does that.

The employee gets written up for two infractions as well as the false claim of being sick and failing to show. He actually didn't even call in until 30 minutes after his shift started....

In five years we have yet to pay an unemployment claim from an employee we've terminated.

Could you give me an example? If we are changing the schedule it is because someone called in sick and we need to cover the shift.
Businesses deliberately over-schedule people. Then cut them at the last minute because they don't need them. The employee has an opportunity cost of being on that schedule.

so now you think it entertaining to troll the thread?

He rang up his own meal, then credited the meal. Only managers can ring up a freebee. The employee will be fired.
Sounds like you have a problem with your technology, which allows employees to perform duties reserved for managers. Poor planning on your part.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Sounds like you have a problem with your technology, which allows employees to perform duties reserved for managers. Poor planning on your part.
Sounds like you don't know shit about technology as it pertains to having a franchise. One of many things you don't know.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Businesses deliberately over-schedule people. Then cut them at the last minute because they don't need them. The employee has an opportunity cost of being on that schedule.
That isn't what Warren is restricting this to. It would also apply to a last minute change to have someone in to fill a slot made empty by a call in or a no show.

Not if the employee read and acknowledged a rule that says no free meals if you aren't on shift. Employees do not ring up their own free meals, only the manager does that.

The employee gets written up for two infractions as well as the false claim of being sick and failing to show. He actually didn't even call in until 30 minutes after his shift started....

In five years we have yet to pay an unemployment claim from an employee we've terminated.
Wow, five solid years of screwing your working class employees. You should be proud.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't find out until I saw the security cameras and the "sick" employee sitting down to his free meal. He rang up his own meal, then credited the meal. Only managers can ring up a freebee. The employee will be fired.

Ah

I concur. you may want to review more video to see what else this employee may have been ringing up on their own

Yep, to keep our doors open. Employees take advantage of businesses by lying about being sick or their grandmother died (again)....

Just had an employee call in sick and then show up to claim his free meal, even though he didn't show for his shift. WTF!
That's lefty for ya.

EatTheRich

President
Could you give me an example? If we are changing the schedule it is because someone called in sick and we need to cover the shift.
You could always schedule 2 or 3 extra people for every shift in anticipation that sometimes people get sick and you need to be prepared for that.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You could always schedule 2 or 3 extra people for every shift in anticipation that sometimes people get sick and you need to be prepared for that.
Our labor costs are already too high. Your solution isn't even close to a solution.
Having a shift with three people on is what it takes to run during a normal day. Night time we need 5. Having 6 people on when we need three would be nuts.

Our labor costs are already too high. Your solution isn't even close to a solution.
Having a shift with three people on is what it takes to run during a normal day. Night time we need 5. Having 6 people on when we need three would be nuts.
What are you saying? The communist economic philosophies you endorse wouldn't work for your business?

EatTheRich

President
If your business model depends on assuming people never get sick, or that when they do it is your prerogative to tear families apart, it sounds like you have set yourself up to fail. “Labor costs are too high” is a funny way of saying “the people who create the wealth get to keep too much of it themselves.”

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If your business model depends on assuming people never get sick, or that when they do it is your prerogative to tear families apart, it sounds like you have set yourself up to fail. “Labor costs are too high” is a funny way of saying “the people who create the wealth get to keep too much of it themselves.”
"Tear families apart"? You assume you know more than you do. All but two of our employees are students in college. One of our full time employees is 25 and has a child.
He is also a manager and is solid days. It is part timers who frequently call in and usually on a game day or when there is a special event (like 420). When we call someone in they have the option of saying no. Usually they just don't answer the phone. The same folks who work just enough to pay the rent are the ones who ask for an advance on pay because they missed a shift and now can't pay the rent...We do not do payroll advances after having been burned twice.

Let me know when you actually have some business experience. It doesn't seem like you do at the moment.