• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Just when I thought Warren couldn't get any worse....

voyager

4Q2247365
Warren shot herself in the foot with a 53 Trillion dollah health care plan. She's about right but no one wants to hear it. Trump is already spending their tax dollars as fast as he can.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yep, to keep our doors open. Employees take advantage of businesses by lying about being sick or their grandmother died (again)....

Just had an employee call in sick and then show up to claim his free meal, even though he didn't show for his shift. WTF!
Why are you posting of what you whined and said don't post of and will you have your post deleted?

:)if she's the Nom you will vote for her...………….

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Warren shot herself in the foot with a 53 Trillion dollah health care plan. She's about right but no one wants to hear it. Trump is already spending their tax dollars as fast as he can.
Yes, he learn how from Barry O...…..

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Not if the employee read and acknowledged a rule that says no free meals if you aren't on shift. Employees do not ring up their own free meals, only the manager does that.

The employee gets written up for two infractions as well as the false claim of being sick and failing to show. He actually didn't even call in until 30 minutes after his shift started....

In five years we have yet to pay an unemployment claim from an employee we've terminated.
I'm sure the employee turn-over is high

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Our labor costs are already too high. Your solution isn't even close to a solution.
Having a shift with three people on is what it takes to run during a normal day. Night time we need 5. Having 6 people on when we need three would be nuts.
3 people during day………...my gawd how small is this eatery?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I'm on Medicare now so I don't give a shit if anyone else can afford health care or not.
I'm on Medicare and have only used it for the mandated yearly check-ups...……..eh, Medicare isn't FREE and was actually paid for every paycheck for 50+ years and still monthly.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Why are you posting of what you whined and said don't post of and will you have your post deleted?

:)if she's the Nom you will vote for her...………….
As a business owner the anecdote applies to Warren's plan. No, she will not be the candidate...and if so, no, I'll write in someone else.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
And he's paying lower taxes and making money in the stock market, all while protesting daily about the president who caused it.

Yep, a small restaurant is a big tax write off and easy way to cook the books...…...most owners I know keep 2 sets of books...……...one owner I know IRS busted for claiming he was buying more bread than he actually was, much more bread...…….

EatTheRich

President
"Tear families apart"? You assume you know more than you do. All but two of our employees are students in college. One of our full time employees is 25 and has a child.
He is also a manager and is solid days. It is part timers who frequently call in and usually on a game day or when there is a special event (like 420). When we call someone in they have the option of saying no. Usually they just don't answer the phone. The same folks who work just enough to pay the rent are the ones who ask for an advance on pay because they missed a shift and now can't pay the rent...We do not do payroll advances after having been burned twice.

Let me know when you actually have some business experience. It doesn't seem like you do at the moment.
If you offer people shifts that they can miss without being penalized, Warren’s proposal doesn’t affect you.