• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Just when I thought Warren couldn't get any worse....

EatTheRich

President
are you thinking it fair for other taxpayers to cover for an employee who doesn't feel like coming to work? I do not.
If the alternative is workers being forced to come in when they are sick, threatening the public health?

Family-owned restaurants aren’t a public necessity, I am offering a compromise that protects you the business owner from a market that is making your business model obsolete.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If the alternative is workers being forced to come in when they are sick, threatening the public health?

Family-owned restaurants aren’t a public necessity, I am offering a compromise that protects you the business owner from a market that is making your business model obsolete.
They aren't sick...they just don't feel like working.

EatTheRich

President
They aren't sick...they just don't feel like working.
Really? After they took the trouble to apply for a job, get trained, even pay you (in the form of surplus value) for the privilege of working for you, that’s what you’re gonna go with? They just don’t feel like it? As if people don’t desperately cling to jobs and the wages they provide, going in sick, skipping time with family and even important focal practices such as funerals just to make sure they don’t miss a shift, as anyone who has ever worked in a restaurant can confirm.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Really? After they took the trouble to apply for a job, get trained, even pay you (in the form of surplus value) for the privilege of working for you, that’s what you’re gonna go with? They just don’t feel like it? As if people don’t desperately cling to jobs and the wages they provide, going in sick, skipping time with family and even important focal practices such as funerals just to make sure they don’t miss a shift, as anyone who has ever worked in a restaurant can confirm.
1. If there were no "surplus value"...why would I invest in a business that created the jobs in the first place?
2. If you produce nothing in excess of your pay, how would your employer stay in business?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
How many young employees have you ever hired_is that enough room for an answer?
"Surplus value" eh, the surplus went to the employee...……….instead of employer...…..
"skipping time with family"...…...employee is a single college student away from home...…….duh
How many restaurants you worked in_________go, at 15 I was a Curb Hop.....a dozen toasted hot dog all the way were $1...…...yeah, a dozen toasted hot dogs all the way were a $1...…..I was paid a $1 a day+tips and all I could eat while at work...……….bought my first car with my earnings, a 64 Ford Fastback, straight drive on the tree with Overdrive, 390ci...….$1000 and it's in my shop and I have been offered $30,000 for it...….NOT FOR SALE...…..

You whine and cry of being low paid and it's evident you have never tried to better your wages...………….STFU

EatTheRich

President
1. If there were no "surplus value"...why would I invest in a business that created the jobs in the first place?
2. If you produce nothing in excess of your pay, how would your employer stay in business?
1. You wouldn’t. Hence why all wage labor is inherently exploitative.
2. That’s the point. From your point of view they are instruments of production whose function is to keep you in business. Not humans with human needs and dreams.

EatTheRich

President
"Surplus value" eh, the surplus went to the employee...……….instead of employer...…..
"skipping time with family"...…...employee is a single college student away from home...…….duh
How many restaurants you worked in_________go, at 15 I was a Curb Hop.....a dozen toasted hot dog all the way were $1...…...yeah, a dozen toasted hot dogs all the way were a $1...…..I was paid a $1 a day+tips and all I could eat while at work...……….bought my first car with my earnings, a 64 Ford Fastback, straight drive on the tree with Overdrive, 390ci...….$1000 and it's in my shop and I have been offered $30,000 for it...….NOT FOR SALE...…..

You whine and cry of being low paid and it's evident you have never tried to better your wages...………….STFU
Saying that “the surplus” of the wealth produced by the employee’s labor went to the employee is very telling. I have never hired labor, but I have worked at two restaurants and a college cafeteria. I also don’t “whine of being low paid” ... I denounce a system that depends on billions being low paid, something very different ... and I am taking active measures to increase my earning potential by earning a master’s degree.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. You wouldn’t. Hence why all wage labor is inherently exploitative.
2. That’s the point. From your point of view they are instruments of production whose function is to keep you in business. Not humans with human needs and dreams.
1. so it seems you'd rather work for the Bureau of Fast Food and have some sympathetic government worker control your hours....freeing you from the requirement that you show up for work or produce something of value while there...good luck with that.
2. You don't know me and yet you offer that opinion of how I treat employees?

middleview

President
Supporting Member

$1 per day? What year was that?
Minimum wage in the late 60's was at least $1.25 per hr.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I would have voted for McCain in 2000, or Jon Huntsman in 2008.
Those are not Republicans. You can call a snake a koala bear but it's still a snake.
The two POS you referenced are/were Democrats so you would have been quite comfortable voting for them.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Warren calls for making work schedules more predictable for part-time employees

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren-calls-for-making-work-schedules-more-predictable-for-part-time-employees

So now schedules should be published two weeks in advance and if the schedule changes the business pays the employee a penalty for the change. Of course, she'll have a plan to compensate businesses when employees call in sick or don't show...out of the employees pocket, maybe?
Companies make it impossible for part-time employees to get a second job when they refuse to give them definite schedules.
These are the same employees who are eligible for Medicaid, food stamps, etc. which we end up paying for, not the company.
Have some compassion, man. These folks want to work.

TBLee

Governor
Several years ago one of my co workers missed a few days of work because his Mom was ill, and then he informed us she had passed away. Amusingly, his Mom came into work to drop something off to him a few weeks later.