• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Killer Bees Sting TexasFarmer to Death

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
also,,,when is the last time you say a bumble bee?

they are almost gone as well....
I see bumble bees every day in my yard, OIC. There are shrubs and flowers blooming -- early in the morning.. these critters make so much noise as they buzz around it is almost uncanny. But I am pleased as punch they are busy pollinating my plants. :) :cool:

On my Avatar that is a Butterfly Bush blooming in my yard.. it stays covered these days with Butterflies.. also pollintaors..

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I've never been stung by a bumblebee. We used to cup our hands together and catch them back when I was a kid. Maybe they didn't sting because they were in the dark? I dunno, but I never saw a bumblebee sting anyone. Yellow Jackets and wasps are what I hate to encounter.
Consider yourself lucky then, NS. Those critters absolutely will and do sting.. :eek:

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Yes the female does sting, male doesn't, they are called carpenter bees and they can chew holes in your house, lol..
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that Ika.. Carpenter Bees would be an apt name then for sure.. then again maybe not..more suitable name maybe, Destroyer Bees..:eek:

Welcome to Political Jack, Ika.
:)

Last edited:

lka

Council Member
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that Ika.. Carpenter Bees would be an apt name then for sure.. then again maybe not..more suitable name maybe, Destroyer Bees..:eek:

Welcome to Political Jack, Ika.
:)
Thanks;)

I worked for an exterminator for a couple years when I was younger LOL

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
I see bumble bees every day in my yard, OIC. There are shrubs and flowers blooming -- early in the morning.. these critters make so much noise as they buzz around it is almost uncanny. But I am pleased as punch they are busy pollinating my plants. :) :cool:

On my Avatar that is a Butterfly Bush blooming in my yard.. it stays covered these days with Butterflies.. also pollintaors..
its makes me happy that you have bumblers,,i have not seen one in years...and yes, the sting of one is extremely painful....i had to put down a milk cow attacked by bees when she stepped into their underground hive..it was one of the saddest things i ever had to witness,,,i cannot think of one thing that gives me cause to pause like killer bees...you cant outrun them, jumping into water they will wait for you to surface and they attack by the thousands.....morning and eves. 2 things to watch for, snakes and bees...give me a 6 ft rattlesnake anytime,,at least they give you a warning...

lka

Council Member
they make perfect nickel-sized holes in eaves etc....very destructive...
Yep, luckily they don't eat the wood they go in about a 1/2" and make a sharp turn, down about another inch and that's it it's where they lay the eggs for the baby's

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Yep, luckily they don't eat the wood they go in about a 1/2" and make a sharp turn, down about another inch and that's it it's where they lay the eggs for the baby's
we covered one hole with ductape after seeing the bee go in...and waited,,,20 min later we could see a small hole start, then 2-3 min. out it came...
shot it with my red rider....didnt even faze it...

lka

Council Member
we covered one hole with ductape after seeing the bee go in...and waited,,,20 min later we could see a small hole start, then 2-3 min. out it came...
shot it with my red rider....didnt even faze it...
Throw some chem in there and putty over it. And you hit the little fucker with a Burkitt's Bugs gun? Lol