• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Lame November jobs growth number - 155K

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
I wonder why you think you can speak for "everybody". Everybody I know wonders who the 36% are who approve of Trump's performance. Everybody I know is confused by the folks, like you, who make shit up to justify their continued support for such a moron that he can't even keep from tweeting silly bullshit and out right lies on a daily basis.
Who cares who approves or not. we are winning, but don't worry Pelosi will put a stop to this economic growth.

Drumcollie

So your claim that they were laying people off in 2008 simply because they feared Obama was going to win is something you pulled outta yer ass, because no CEO would actually have done that. It costs money to lay off your work force...the impact on morale also is a drag on productivity. I was managing people in 1987 and was told to prepare for layoffs...luckily it didn't happen..but I know the discussions that go into it at a management level.

Nobody lays people off as long as they are profitable unless they are terminating product lines.
Everybody knows what the chart says:

Which is everything was fine until Pelosi and company tanked the economy.

Now she is Speaker of the House again, will she tank the economy again?

Spamature

President
Um, you claimed Obama "gave Trump a shrinking budget".

I proved that to be incorrect.

Obama inherited a $458 Billion deficit from Bush (2009 included Obama's $787 Billion "stimullus"), and ran it up to over $1 TRILLION FOR 4 STRAIGHT YEARS.

Next?
No. The the bailout under bush and lower revenue from the recession is what created the deficit Obama inherited, not the stimulus. It's cost was spread out over a decade.

Drumcollie

Saved jobs....What did Reagan's stimulus do?
Editor’s note: A version of this article first appeared in USA Today.

How ironic that as America debated its debt ceiling all summer and faced a stunning credit downgrade, the nation approached a most timely anniversary: It was August 13, 1981, that President Reagan signed the Economic Recovery Act. Understanding Reagan’s thinking 30 years ago is critical to discerning where we are now.

Reagan’s initiative was the antithesis of President Obama’s $800-billion “stimulus” that didn’t stimulate. The 2009 version was the single greatest contributor to our record $1.5-trillion deficit. It was, plain and simple, what Reagan didn’t do.

When Reagan signed the Economic Recovery Act at his ranch near Santa Barbara, it was the largest tax cut in American history. He also revealed leadership that Democrats and Republicans alike agree we are not seeing currently from the White House. Even the Washington Post called Reagan’s action “one of the most remarkable demonstrations of presidential leadership in modern history.”

The enemy that day was America’s progressive federal income-tax system, birthed in 1913 by Congress and President Woodrow Wilson. It was revolutionary, requiring a constitutional amendment. That tax, which began as a 1 percent levy on the wealthy, would rocket up to a top rate of 94 percent by the 1940s.

http://www.visionandvalues.org/2011/08/no-contest-the-reagan-stimulus-vs-the-obama-one/

Reagan's stimulus aka tax break did a lot more because it cost us a lot less.

Drumcollie

No. The the bailout under bush and lower revenue from the recession is what created the deficit Obama inherited, not the stimulus. It's cost was spread out over a decade.
Just remember the bailouts originated in a democratic controlled House and Senate so what you are saying is that the democratic bills Bush signed did not work, and now Pelosi will try to repeat 2008.

Spamature

President
Just remember the bailouts originated in a democratic controlled House and Senate so what you are saying is that the democratic bills Bush signed did not work, and now Pelosi will try to repeat 2008.
The bailout was the Plan of Paulson Bush's Fed Chairman. After years of neglecting and turning a blind eye to the growing Wall Street crime wave his only solution was to give the criminals their money back after they after their scheme fell through. Otherwise the entire economy would have disintegrated overnight.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The debt was $900 billion when Reagan took office in 1981.

As bad as Reagan was in running up the deficits, GWB was even worse - he actually inherited surpluses and then ran up then-record surpluses when lavishing the fatcats with more massive tax cuts. He then left behind a staggering $1.2 trillion deficit, which Obama more than halved over his terms. In comes Trump, lavishing the fatcats with even more massive tax cuts, once again sending the deficits soaring.

Deja voodoo.

Drumcollie

The bailout was the Plan of Paulson Bush's Fed Chairman. After years of neglecting and turning a blind eye to the growing Wall Street crime wave his only solution was to give the criminals their money back after they after their scheme fell through. Otherwise the entire economy would have disintegrated overnight.
The bill that was signed by the President was passed by the House and Senate...It was Pelosi approved.

Did Wall street which later backed Obama back junk bonds...You bet they did and the money they spent on Obama was well spent because no one went to jail under Obama.

Bear Stearns gave the bulk of their money to Democrats.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/totals.php?cycle=A&id=D000000184

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
So your claim that they were laying people off in 2008 simply because they feared Obama was going to win is something you pulled outta yer ass, because no CEO would actually have done that. It costs money to lay off your work force...the impact on morale also is a drag on productivity. I was managing people in 1987 and was told to prepare for layoffs...luckily it didn't happen..but I know the discussions that go into it at a management level.

Nobody lays people off as long as they are profitable unless they are terminating product lines.
Look, everyone saw a bad economy, with no chance of getting better under the anti-capitalist agenda of Barack Obama (which is plenty of incentive to jettison productive capacity).

I said it at the time (as many here will attest) that the economy would never recover as long as Obama was in the White House. I was right about that, too...

Bugsy McGurk

President
Look, everyone saw a bad economy, with no chance of getting better under the anti-capitalist agenda of Barack Obama (which is plenty of incentive to jettison productive capacity).

I said it at the time (as many here will attest) that the economy would never recover as long as Obama was in the White House. I was right about that, too...
In Trumplandia, there was no economic recovery under Obama despite the record-shattering streak of jobs growth and economic growth, a more than halving of the unemployment rate, and a near tripling of the markets.

Trumplandia - a strange, eerie place, where up is down, and the winds blow foul.

;-)

Raoul_Luke

WTF! The LFPR is about the same as it was going back to 2014. You pick on one demographic and say it indicates a success for Trump. The jobs numbers haven't really changed much...so what is the bottom line? Some people are retiring and younger people are taking their place. Is that Trump's plan?

Face it...Trump is just a passenger on this bus. He'll do shit to be in the news, but everything he actually touches is turning to shit. His interference in the trade with other countries is not working out the way he said...His promise to pay off the national debt is long forgotten. His ability to hire a good team is painfully lacking and now he'll appoint a Fox News personality to be UN ambassador...Are you f*cking kidding me?
That is complete bullshit. The left was screaming like their hair was on fire that the decline in the (overall) LFPR was declining because "baby boomers were retiring." As I demonstrated at the time, in fact even the LFPR of 25 to 54 year olds was declining (and they ain't baby boomers). In fact, the LFPR of the older cohorts were increasing.

Now that 25 to 54 cohort's LFPR is increasing, but the overall rate is, as you point out, not changing much, because baby boomers are finally retiring in larger numbers. Obama didn't do that because it reversed its decline almost as soon as he left office.

Raoul_Luke

In Trumplandia, there was no economic recovery under Obama despite the record-shattering streak of jobs growth and economic growth, a more than halving of the unemployment rate, and a near tripling of the markets.

Trumplandia - a strange, eerie place, where up is down, and the winds blow foul.

;-)
Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 5.25.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 6.14.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 11.39.53 AM.png

You lose.

Raoul_Luke

Out come the Zerohedge graphs, no point even being attempted, in lieu of a response to the post.

Mindless, as always.

Standard fare in Trumplandia.
If you can't refute the data:

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 5.25.37 PM.png

That's the Fed, son.

You pretend the source is not authentic. Typical loser move.

Nostra

Governor

;-)

Halving the unemployment rate?

Unemployment:

Jan 20, 2009 7.6%
Jan 20, 2017 4.7%

Half of 7.6 is 3.8, not 4.7.

Tripling the stock market?

DJIA

Jan 20, 2009: 7949
Jan 20, 2017: 19,732

7949 x 3 = 23,847

Once again we get a shining example of your craptastic math skills.