• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Lawyers for Nick Sandmann, sue Washington Post for $250 million

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Lawyers for 16-year-old Nicholas Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School junior who faced off with Omaha Nation elder Nathan Phillips on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial last month, have filed a $250 million lawsuit against The Washington Post, one of many newspapers to report on viral video of the incident.

“This is only the beginning,” said the attorneys, Lin Wood and Todd McMurtry, on their firm’s website, noting that it was the “first lawsuit” on Sandmann’s behalf.

The suit was filed in U.S. District Court in Kentucky, Reuters reported, and it states that the sum – which is for “compensatory and punitive damages” – is what Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos paid to buy the newspaper.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lawyers-for-nick-sandmann-high-school-junior-who-faced-off-with-native-elder-on-lincoln-memorial-steps-sue-washington-post-for-dollar250-million/ar-BBTPnTn?ocid=spartanntp

Pay him 500 million just to shut him up. Heck I'll withdraw this post for 2 million usd, once it's in the bank. Lefty will get what he deserves on this one.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Some sort of precedent needs to be set here.Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to slander and defame the innocent.

EatTheRich

President
Some sort of precedent needs to be set here.Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to slander and defame the innocent.
That has been illegal for centuries. However, it is clear that WaPo had no intent of doing such a thing. I haven’t even seen one story they did critical of Sandmann that contained a single inaccuracy. They aren’t angry that WaPo lies, they are trying to bully them to set a precedent chilling newspapers that might tell a critical truth about someone else on the right some time in the future.

Mick

The Right is always right
Righty cheers as “lefty” news outlets are sued because their factual reporting makes righty look bad.
Good lord. You still believe these left wing lies? *Edited*

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick

The Right is always right
Lawyers for 16-year-old Nicholas Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School junior who faced off with Omaha Nation elder Nathan Phillips on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial last month, have filed a $250 million lawsuit against The Washington Post, one of many newspapers to report on viral video of the incident.

“This is only the beginning,” said the attorneys, Lin Wood and Todd McMurtry, on their firm’s website, noting that it was the “first lawsuit” on Sandmann’s behalf.

The suit was filed in U.S. District Court in Kentucky, Reuters reported, and it states that the sum – which is for “compensatory and punitive damages” – is what Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos paid to buy the newspaper.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lawyers-for-nick-sandmann-high-school-junior-who-faced-off-with-native-elder-on-lincoln-memorial-steps-sue-washington-post-for-dollar250-million/ar-BBTPnTn?ocid=spartanntp

Pay him 500 million just to shut him up. Heck I'll withdraw this post for 2 million usd, once it's in the bank. Lefty will get what he deserves on this one.
Good for him. The only way these leftist fake news sources will stop spreading this filfth is if you hit them where it hurts. Maybe next time they'll do their research and actually report the truth.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
That has been illegal for centuries. However, it is clear that WaPo had no intent of doing such a thing. I haven’t even seen one story they did critical of Sandmann that contained a single inaccuracy. They aren’t angry that WaPo lies, they are trying to bully them to set a precedent chilling newspapers that might tell a critical truth about someone else on the right some time in the future.
Tell me, which of the Washington Post staffers are Guatemalan, and which are Native American?

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

I hope he gets every dollar. $250 Million won't bankrupt WAPO but it might rein them in a bit.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY

Oh woe is me ! Correct. The media doesn't have as much power as a high school child.

Can you get a little more biased?

They were caught. You believed and look like the foolish liberal we love and adore. Own up to it and have a better standard. Sheesh.

Drumcollie

Righty cheers as “lefty” news outlets are sued because their factual reporting makes righty look bad.
If it was factual it will come out in the case.

I disagree that it was factual.

It's Trayvon Martin all over again and you will have to fake the news to cover up your lies again. Must be a sad life.

Smollett anyone?

Drumcollie

Maybe they had no intent? just like CNN had no intent of violating the law but happened to be there to film Roger Stone's pre-dawn FBI raid with guns drawn.