• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Lazareth arises, Semiconductor manufacturing coming back to the US

P

PACE

http://www.governor.ny.gov/press/092711chiptechnologyinvestment

I've been watching this for a while, Bill Owens, who took the 23 district (remember that little tempest in a tea pot?) away from the Tea party candidate and the Republican shoe in, has a bit of a line to the semi industry,

He just visited TSMC in Asia, and if these rumors turn out to be true, Upstate NY will see thousands (literally) of jobs from this move.

In the seventies, we were fabbing chips here on the East Coast, of the migration to Silicon Valley led to a depression of the area, even the machining industry suffered,

What most do not understand about the semi industry is that it is a networked industry; fabs drive other businesses to success in the area, and given that semi moves rapidly (look at your cell phones folks) there's a never ending cycle of continous improvement, this means there are no one off success stories.

The only REAL issue with semi is the cyclical nature, used to be long rolling hills of ebb and flow, now it's saw tooth in nature.

But the truth is there has only been a "softening" or leveling of the market, not a real calamious crash like in the eighties,

It would be better to my sensibilites if US companies were in the lead, but they are not due to their unwillingness to change, so having the foundries come in from Asia, and remember they are fulfilling Intel's, TI's, Motorola's and others needs, is fine by me.

Watch, the first thing you'll see is recovery in the construction industry, then machining, then other ancillary services, and then, once doors on fabs open, workers start flooding in.

Uh Oh, looks like the economy may be getting better, and all due to the fact that one little NY district so securely republican, went democratic.

Regards
Pace

Friday13

Governor
Dammit...won't let me give you a star. This is very good news. We need some out here on the other coast.

MaryAnne

Governor
The more good news we have the better for all of the middle class. I am seeing it all over.The lethargy seems to be gone and those who care about this Country are proving it by providing jobs.

The trade deficit is dropping, companies are coming back, investing here.

Star from me.