• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Leftists Reject God

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
1. The Tuskegee experiment started in 1932 in Alabama and went on until 1972. If you have evidence that it was one party or the other that is to blame, let me know...I know that a republican was president when the study started. Did he know about it? No idea....but that is beside the point, isn't it.

2. Did you think that Obama was talking about enemies in anything but a political sense?
His speech was to those who supported immigration reform and by enemies he was clearly talking about people who opposed any kind of improvement in our immigration process.
Trump a grownup? Not f*cking likely. His latest rant bashing the press is clearly evidence of his immaturity.

3. Reason10. Post #119
https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/america-has-been-at-war-93-of-the-time-222-out-of-239-years-since-1776.98987/page-6#post-1787593

Reason10. Post #110
https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/america-has-been-at-war-93-of-the-time-222-out-of-239-years-since-1776.98987/page-6#post-1787002

That whole thread is people who are criticizing America....AIL posts that the US has been at war for 222 years out of our 239 years in existence...what do the republican patriots say? Do any counter that his numbers are bullshit (because they are)....nope...

Justoffal says: That's actually a horrifying statistic.
Jen says: Absolutely shameful.

Lukey says: There's more than wild speculation that FDR has advance notice of the Pearl Harbor attack.
https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/sunday-morning-shows-are-all-over-the-trump-lies-meme.95613/page-2#post-1705960

1. Alabama was run by Democrats who never did anything to stop the program

2. He told Hispanics that republicans were their enemies...Liberals grown ups?
upload_2017-2-20_13-0-1.png

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. Alabama was run by Democrats who never did anything to stop the program

2. He told Hispanics that republicans were their enemies...Liberals grown ups?
View attachment 35316
1. Who the governor of Alabama was has nothing at all to do with the issue. The experiment was run by the US Public Health Service...It would have been supervised by a Hoover appointee.

2. Republicans were their enemies if they were in favor of immigration reform....and this has nothing to do with the issue either.

The point, since your mind seems to wander a bit, is that Wright being a man who grew up in an America where black men were lynched or where they were used for an experiment into untreated syphilis. He served his country as a Marine. He certainly earned the right to voice his opinions.

Meanwhile you are still struggling with the justification to call the Trinity Church of Christ a non-Christian church.

Jen

Senator
Now recite to us all the nice things you and others have said about Michelle Obama if you don't mind.
Why would I do that here? That's not what this thread is about.

Why would I do it anywhere? Because you are demanding it? Thanks, but I'll pass.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
1. Who the governor of Alabama was has nothing at all to do with the issue. The experiment was run by the US Public Health Service...It would have been supervised by a Hoover appointee.

2. Republicans were their enemies if they were in favor of immigration reform....and this has nothing to do with the issue either.

The point, since your mind seems to wander a bit, is that Wright being a man who grew up in an America where black men were lynched or where they were used for an experiment into untreated syphilis. He served his country as a Marine. He certainly earned the right to voice his opinions.

Meanwhile you are still struggling with the justification to call the Trinity Church of Christ a non-Christian church.
1. Rosenwald provided funds to build six small schools in rural Alabama, which were constructed and opened in 1913 and 1914, and overseen by Tuskegee. As the projects were built by and for African Americans, they showed Rosenwald's intention to remain behind the scenes in this effort.[10] Inspired by the social progressivism of Jane Addams

Rosenwald funded the Tuskeegee experiment...inspired by Social Progressivism

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. Rosenwald provided funds to build six small schools in rural Alabama, which were constructed and opened in 1913 and 1914, and overseen by Tuskegee. As the projects were built by and for African Americans, they showed Rosenwald's intention to remain behind the scenes in this effort.[10] Inspired by the social progressivism of Jane Addams

Rosenwald funded the Tuskeegee experiment...inspired by Social Progressivism
Again:

Spamature

President
All these things happened over the last 8 years, not in just a few months.....YOUR President made these things happen, and he continues with his hard work to keep this country split.....he's a traitor. I don't know how you could say that with a straight face!
POS Traitor TrumPutin sold you out and you attack a loyal American for it.

That is DEPLORABLE ! But it is very much what should be expected from a Trump supporters. You worship a traitor. So why not act like on yourself, eh ?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I never said they all weren't. I'm saying the Trinity church in Chicago is racist and America hating and Obama attended that church for 20 yrs. I don't believe the pastor spoke like he did only once or twice in all that time.....
Which is not the point at all. This is like herding gerbils. Obama has belonged to a Christian Church for 20 years. Is there any evidence that he is a Muslim?

If you want to spend time criticizing the Trinity Church of Christ go for it....start up another thread. Should be fun.

Caroljo

Senator
Which is not the point at all. This is like herding gerbils. Obama has belonged to a Christian Church for 20 years. Is there any evidence that he is a Muslim?

If you want to spend time criticizing the Trinity Church of Christ go for it....start up another thread. Should be fun.
When did I say he was Muslim?
And I wasn't the one that brought this subject up to begin with!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
When did I say he was Muslim?
And I wasn't the one that brought this subject up to begin with!
You jumped into a conversation with others where they claimed he was a Muslim. I responded that he'd been going to a Christian church for 20 years...this was where you jumped in with little to no idea of the context.

You seem to think that Wright making controversial speeches or sermons is somehow proof that the church was not a Christian one.

What is your proof of a church's claim to being Christian? I'd love to know who appointed you to speak for the Lord.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Leftists heaped their attacks on Melania Trump for reciting the Our Father as she spoke introducing President Trump.

Leftists did their usual attacks:
  • mocked her accent
  • called her a prostitute, a whore
  • mocked her religion
  • and claimed it was the "start of a dictatorship"
  • One Leftist even said that listening to Melania recite the "Lord's Prayer" was like listening to someone being cursed into becoming Dracula.
  • Another Leftist said hearing Melania reminded them of a whore in confession after a Saturday night of business.
Leftists hate God, hate Christianity so much that they issue out the worst possible insults to anyone who professes to be Christian. It's no wonder they lost the election.

Shameful. Absolutely shameful.
And to make matters worse, they are proud of it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/19/melania-trump-attacked-for-reciting-lords-prayer-at-campaign-rally.html
And here's Jen...the defender of everything Trump. Can you answer one question?
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT DONALD J TRUMP IS A CHRISTIAN??

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Yet another goofy right wing tactic....Don't address the facts, just call them excuses and run away.

Here is a fact. The church that Obama attended for 20 years is a Christian one....just because you don't like the pastor...and I didn't like one of the priests at my Catholic church...does not make the churches themselves less Christian.
It is a black separatist church, that sows hatred and discontent. It does not advance the gospel of Christ.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
You jumped into a conversation with others where they claimed he was a Muslim. I responded that he'd been going to a Christian church for 20 years...this was where you jumped in with little to no idea of the context.

You seem to think that Wright making controversial speeches or sermons is somehow proof that the church was not a Christian one.

What is your proof of a church's claim to being Christian? I'd love to know who appointed you to speak for the Lord.
He wasn't was a Muslim; he is a Muslim. When he mentioned his Muslim faith to George Step-in caca-los, that was not merely a Freudian slip, it was a look inside his lying mind and heart. You don't make a mistake like that if, what you slip and say, isn't true.

Jen

Senator
And here's Jen...the defender of everything Trump. Can you answer one question?
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT DONALD J TRUMP IS A CHRISTIAN??
It doesn't matter what I believe.
God is in charge of that.

I do believe that God can use Trump to strengthen our nation and make it prosperous and bless us all. Whether or not that happens is up to Trump and God. It's not my call. It is just what I pray for and wish for.

Jen

Senator
He wasn't was a Muslim; he is a Muslim. When he mentioned his Muslim faith to George Step-in caca-los, that was not merely a Freudian slip, it was a look inside his lying mind and heart. You don't make a mistake like that if, what you slip and say, isn't true.
Obama did say it "My Muslim Faith".
Either he lied or he didn't.
You're right. That's not a lie someone would slip and say. I believe that the Muslim faith is in Obama's heart of hearts.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
You're right. That's not a lie someone would slip and say. I believe that the Muslim faith is in Obama's heart of hearts.
Exactly, I am doctrinally speaking, Southern Baptist. I would never slip up and say my Muslim faith, because it is not true. If I were pretending to be a Muslim (blue eyes notwithstanding) I might screw up and mention my Baptist roots, and give myself away.
That is what Obama did, he f*ked up and told the truth, for once.

Jen

Senator
Exactly, I am doctrinally speaking, Southern Baptist. I would never slip up and say my Muslim faith, because it is not true. If I were pretending to be a Muslim (blue eyes notwithstanding) I might screw up and mention my Baptist roots, and give myself away.
That is what Obama did, he f*ked up and told the truth, for once.
I'm pretty sure. Truth has a habit of leaking out when someone least expects it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Jen context matters. Read the whole statement. It was about McCain not trying to make the accusation that Obama was a Muslim part of the campaign.

Arkady

President
Leftists heaped their attacks on Melania Trump for reciting the Our Father as she spoke introducing President Trump.

Leftists did their usual attacks:
  • mocked her accent
  • called her a prostitute, a whore
  • mocked her religion
  • and claimed it was the "start of a dictatorship"
  • One Leftist even said that listening to Melania recite the "Lord's Prayer" was like listening to someone being cursed into becoming Dracula.
  • Another Leftist said hearing Melania reminded them of a whore in confession after a Saturday night of business.
Leftists hate God, hate Christianity so much that they issue out the worst possible insults to anyone who professes to be Christian. It's no wonder they lost the election.

Shameful. Absolutely shameful.
And to make matters worse, they are proud of it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/19/melania-trump-attacked-for-reciting-lords-prayer-at-campaign-rally.html
I have no urge to attack Melania. She's just a woman who made a poor choice of who to get married to. She's got problems enough without me piling on.

That said, I was interested in the particular choice of prayer. Usually at these public events, politicians will stick with more generic prayers, so as to exclude fewer people. That particular prayer is the one dictated by Jesus in a couple of the Gospel stories, so the choice of that prayer excludes Jews and other non-Christians, in a way that a more ecumenical prayer would not. It's odd that she found it valuable to do that.

Even many Christians are excluded. There isn't just one "Lord's Prayer," after all. There are different versions, used by different branches of Christianity. Melania used the standard Protestant version. You see, the protestants like a later version of the text that added some frippery about the "kingdom, the power and the glory...." whereas the Catholics prefer the version that is in older copies of Matthew, lacking that addition. A person's choice of adding that text or leaving it out represents a theological choice -- essentially, a guess about what it is Jesus really instructed people to say, among the versions in various ancient manuscripts.

That's fine. Melania is welcome to push her particular theology against the Jews, the Catholics, etc. The event was such that it didn't have enough of an "official" vibe to create too much church/state confusion, so whether she wants to hail Lucifer, make a burnt offering to Ba'al, or say a prayer to the Protestant father-deity doesn't matter. It is essentially still a private matter. The closer an event like that shades into an official state event, though, the more problematic it becomes for someone to do something that suggests a government imprimatur for a certain religious practice. So, I hope that team Trump keeps that kind of thing to their little pep rallies, rather than letting it bleed into more official functions.

In the meantime, I wonder how many in that audience were taken aback by the prayer. Given how very unpopular Trump is with Jews, I can't imagine there were too many Jews in attendance, but presumably there were plenty of Catholics. The added frippery in the prayer would immediately strike their ears as odd.