• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Let's talk about racism and gun control laws

freyasman

Senator
This is the problem with bullshit "may issue" states, versus the more constitutional "shall issue" states.

Here in California, which is an unconstitutional "may issue" state, we are dependent on the discretion of the ranking county law enforcement official, who is the deciding factor in who gets a CCW. In my county, it's the sheriff, who thankfully is a decent guy who understands his role in the community. In some counties, it's the police chief of the largest metro area.

So, for example, in San Francisco county, the previous SF city police chief approved only a tiny handful of CCW requests, mostly for her rich friends, and denied everyone else their civil rights. Likewise in LA, Santa Clara and San Diego counties (all teeming hives of libtards).

Until the courts rule on the constitutionality of the "may issue" permit process, these types of abuses will continue.

Kind of telling that nobody else has any comment on this..... :cool:
That's because it exposes one of the ostensibly hidden purposes of the liberal "gun control" agenda. They simply can't have minorities, especially lower income minorities, legally armed in large numbers. It's way too dangerous for the power balance they need to keep themselves in control.

If lower income blacks and hispanics, whom the left have spent decades transforming into wards of the state, were to become armed and awake in large numbers, imagine the devastation to the base of power the left have cultivated over the poor, corrupt inner cities of America...

Question.....Is a "may issue" state the result of liberal lobbying for gun control?
It's a contributing factor, but not the only one. I agree with leaving CCW issuance decisions to the states (God forbid it becomes a federal issue, subject to their massive incompetence and corruption), but that does mean anti-civil rights sewers like Illinois, California, New York and other blue utopian havens can suppress the civil liberties of their citizens through "may issue" laws, which place your civil rights in the hands of appointed government workers like police chiefs, who are typically beholden to their masters in the local mayor's/city council's office and state legislatures.

EatTheRich

President
If lower income blacks and hispanics, whom the left have spent decades transforming into wards of the state, were to become armed and awake in large numbers, imagine the devastation to the base of power the left have cultivated over the poor, corrupt inner cities of America...
The radical left ... communists, anarchists, Black nationalists ... would have more power. Liberals, not so much.

fairsheet

Senator
That's because it exposes one of the ostensibly hidden purposes of the liberal "gun control" agenda. They simply can't have minorities, especially lower income minorities, legally armed in large numbers. It's way too dangerous for the power balance they need to keep themselves in control.

Your silly angle is the same as that of the simple who used to throw a fit if their states made the rational and efficient decision to issue driver's licenses to non-citizens. Those simple seemed convinced that there were millions of non-driving "ee-leegals" who weren't driving only because they couldn't get a driver's license. In this gun instance, you seem to feel that the only thing stopping the "other" from rising up and "devastating" the rest of us, is that the state might not issue them a gun license.

Your silly angle is the same as that of the simple who used to throw a fit if their states made the rational and efficient decision to issue driver's licenses to non-citizens. Those simple seemed convinced that there were millions of non-driving "ee-leegals" who weren't driving only because they couldn't get a driver's license. In this gun instance, you seem to feel that the only thing stopping the "other" from rising up and "devastating" the rest of us, is that the state might not issue them a gun license.
You misunderstand. States that deny their citizens their civil rights regarding self-defense are contributing to the problem of so-called "gun crime". If a law abiding citizen is denied the right to carry simply because he/she lives in a state where the powers that be fear firearms legally in the hands of minorities (i.e. most blue states), then those citizens have two choices: 1) go unarmed and be at the mercy of criminals, bad cops and state thugs (i.e. Chicago, Oakland, Detroit, etc.), or 2) carry illegally and risk jail or death at the hands of overzealous cops/state thugs. It's an unattracive choice foisted upon decent people by states that choose to infringe the civil rights of citizens.

fairsheet

Senator
You misunderstand. States that deny their citizens their civil rights regarding self-defense are contributing to the problem of so-called "gun crime". If a law abiding citizen is denied the right to carry simply because he/she lives in a state where the powers that be fear firearms legally in the hands of minorities (i.e. most blue states), then those citizens have two choices: 1) go unarmed and be at the mercy of criminals, bad cops and state thugs (i.e. Chicago, Oakland, Detroit, etc.), or 2) carry illegally and risk jail or death at the hands of overzealous cops/state thugs. It's an unattracive choice foisted upon decent people by states that choose to infringe the civil rights of citizens.

You alluded to a specific class of Americans of whom you're especially afraid. IF that class was intent upon mayhem as you suggest, would the fact of their being licensed to own a gun or not, make any difference? In fact, if one were really as afraid as you're claiming to be, it would probably make sense for you to whine for MORE stringent gun control regimes.

For what it's worth, there's no actual evidence of "law abiding citizens" being at the mercy of criminals, as a function of gun control laws.

You alluded to a specific class of Americans of whom you're especially afraid. IF that class was intent upon mayhem as you suggest, would the fact of their being licensed to own a gun or not, make any difference?
No, I alluded to a class of Americans of whom our government is afraid, and that's working class minorities who are legally armed, hence the government's vigorous efforts to deny those people the right to legally arm themselves. Please try to pay attention.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
its "cherry picking" who is afforded constitutionaly settled rights based on the "whims" of one person...

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Kind of telling that nobody else has any comment on this..... :cool:
why so shocked to learn America continues to be very racist?
I've been telling you "black men can't carry" for how long now and here you give more evidence supporting my claim. too many white folks won't tolerate black men walking around armed. the 62 year old black man in a Florida WalMart was jumped and held down by 3 white guys who REFUSED to accept that he was licensed to carry.

freyasman

Senator
why so shocked to learn America continues to be very racist?
I've been telling you "black men can't carry" for how long now and here you give more evidence supporting my claim. too many white folks won't tolerate black men walking around armed. the 62 year old black man in a Florida WalMart was jumped and held down by 3 white guys who REFUSED to accept that he was licensed to carry.
So, to clarify.... you believe anyone who carries a gun in public is crazy, paranoid, probably has a small penis, and should be on a government watch list........ unless they're black. That about right?
Lady you are the most racist person I've ever encountered..... your most fervently held beliefs go out the window, and you completely change your tune, based on the color of a person's skin.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
So, to clarify.... you believe anyone who carries a gun in public is crazy, paranoid, probably has a small penis, and should be on a government watch list........ unless they're black. That about right?
Lady you are the most racist person I've ever encountered..... your most fervently held beliefs go out the window, and you completely change your tune, based on the color of a person's skin.
your top post blames racism for denying all those black men licenses to carry.
I blame racism for the 62 year old man held down by 3 guys in the FL WalMart for refusing to believe that he was licensed to carry.
we're on the same page.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
I blame racism for the 62 year old man held down by 3 guys in the FL WalMart for refusing to believe that he was licensed to carry.
we're on the same page.

what was this about?

freyasman

Senator
we're on the same page.
Not really, no.... if the guy had been white, you'd be screaming your fool head off, and cussing the cops for arresting the man who committed felony assault by attacking him. I don't blame "racism"; I blame morons like you.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Not really, no.... if the guy had been white, you'd be screaming your fool head off, and cussing the cops for arresting the man who committed felony assault by attacking him. I don't blame "racism"; I blame morons like you.
it's okay to admit that on this issue, we're on the same side. you say it's racism why those men were denied licenses. I agree. I added that black men carrying are looked upon with suspicion by way too many people, that they're prejudged to be "thugs." that 'prejudging' is racist, too.

freyasman

Senator
it's okay to admit that on this issue, we're on the same side. you say it's racism why those men were denied licenses. I agree. I added that black men carrying are looked upon with suspicion by way too many people, that they're prejudged to be "thugs." that 'prejudging' is racist, too.
You "prejudge" anyone who carries, so don't go pretending you're holding the moral high ground here, hypocrite.