• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Liberals creating class war and encouraging the choice of poverty

redtide

Mayor
Poverty is the result of choices one makes in life here in the US. The evil liberals use our money to buy their votes and to grow the poverty class. The question we should all be asking is why does anyone vote for a democrat when their hate based programs and agendas hurt so many?

Having been poor, the only difference is I had less money to spend on things I want. I still have less money than I could spend on things I want, but that is true of everyone. Human wants are infinite.

Before the wide-spread use of government welfare to subsidize the “poor”, poverty was declining dramatically in the US. Since the “Great Society” programs were put in place, poverty has stagnated. When something is subsidized, you get more of it.

It’s still far better to be “poor” in the US, where being “poor” means having only one cell phone, one big-screen TV, one car, and too much food.

With Capitalism it’s actually difficult to stay poor. One must make consistently bad life choices in order to prevent one’s self from learning sufficient skills to be productive.

However, government “school” teaches none of the skills needed for productive work, and minimum wage laws create a permanent pool of unemployed people who can’t learn the skills needed to get higher wages. This way politicians have a ready pool of reliable voters who will vote for more welfare payments to themselves, as well as a continuous supply of new people who “qualify” for welfare in the first place.

I consider it instructive to note how the “poor” are perpetuated by the violationof Capitalism, rather than being an aspect of Capitalism itself.

Addendum: There will always be poor people, because there are those who cannot be productive. People broken, mentally or physically, people who simply do not have the ability to learn.

But such people are very few, and when they are respected as individuals, when the opportunities for charity and productive labor are maximized, that is, with Capitalism, those few can easily be supported by you, and I, and others who care about the less fortunate.

Remember the nursery rhyme?

See saw, Marjory Daw
Johnny shall have a new master
He shall have but a penny a day
Because he can’t work any faster

But Johnny has work, he has dignity, he has a place. He’s not dying on the couch watching TV on government welfare.

OldTrapper

Council Member
P

But such people are very few, and when they are respected as individuals, when the opportunities for charity and productive labor are maximized, that is, with Capitalism, those few can easily be supported by you, and I, and others who care about the less fortunate.
In the real world those that have much are the few, the poor are the many.

And the cure is not capitalism as the Scandinavian countries have proven. In America the capitalist system has led to income inequality, and more poverty. There is a balance, however, greed in this country has destroyed that balance.

“The causes which destroyed the ancient republics were numerous; but in Rome, one principal cause was the vast inequality of fortunes."
Noah Webster

https://www.newsweek.com/2014/02/07/why-thomas-jefferson-favored-profit-sharing-245454.html

President Obama's State of the Union speech last week focused on America's severe and growing inequality, but he stopped short of repeating the Founding Fathers' many warnings that this condition could doom American democracy.

The founders, despite decades of rancorous disagreements about almost every other aspect of their grand experiment, agreed that America would survive and thrive only if there was widespread ownership of land and businesses.

George Washington, nine months before his inauguration as the first president, predicted that America "will be the most favorable country of any kind in the world for persons of industry and frugality, possessed of moderate capital, to inhabit." And, he continued, "it will not be less advantageous to the happiness of the lowest class of people, because of the equal distribution of property."

The second president, John Adams, feared "monopolies of land" would destroy the nation and that a business aristocracy born of inequality would manipulate voters, creating "a system of subordination to all... The capricious will of one or a very few" dominating the rest. Unless constrained, Adams wrote, "the rich and the proud" would wield economic and political power that "will destroy all the equality and liberty, with the consent and acclamations of the people themselves."

James Madison, the Constitution's main author, described inequality as an evil, saying government should prevent "an immoderate, and especially unmerited, accumulation of riches."

4/15

Mayor
Capitalism creates the desire to posses things. Things you need and so many things just because they make you look rich and to be rich is the goal in life. Truth is friends make you rich not possessions. Do possessions come to your funeral? Friends do!

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Capitalism creates the desire to posses things. Things you need and so many things just because they make you look rich and to be rich is the goal in life. Truth is friends make you rich not possessions. Do possessions come to your funeral? Friends do!
friends dont send my kids to college, or pay my rent, or my doctor bills.........

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Poverty is the result of choices one makes in life here in the US. The evil liberals use our money to buy their votes and to grow the poverty class. The question we should all be asking is why does anyone vote for a democrat when their hate based programs and agendas hurt so many?

Having been poor, the only difference is I had less money to spend on things I want. I still have less money than I could spend on things I want, but that is true of everyone. Human wants are infinite.

Before the wide-spread use of government welfare to subsidize the “poor”, poverty was declining dramatically in the US. Since the “Great Society” programs were put in place, poverty has stagnated. When something is subsidized, you get more of it.

It’s still far better to be “poor” in the US, where being “poor” means having only one cell phone, one big-screen TV, one car, and too much food.

With Capitalism it’s actually difficult to stay poor. One must make consistently bad life choices in order to prevent one’s self from learning sufficient skills to be productive.

However, government “school” teaches none of the skills needed for productive work, and minimum wage laws create a permanent pool of unemployed people who can’t learn the skills needed to get higher wages. This way politicians have a ready pool of reliable voters who will vote for more welfare payments to themselves, as well as a continuous supply of new people who “qualify” for welfare in the first place.

I consider it instructive to note how the “poor” are perpetuated by the violationof Capitalism, rather than being an aspect of Capitalism itself.

Addendum: There will always be poor people, because there are those who cannot be productive. People broken, mentally or physically, people who simply do not have the ability to learn.

Remember the nursery rhyme?

See saw, Marjory Daw
Johnny shall have a new master
He shall have but a penny a day
Because he can’t work any faster

But Johnny has work, he has dignity, he has a place. He’s not dying on the couch watching TV on government welfare.

The effort to improve the lives of millions started in the early 60s. You say it was meant to buy votes. Do you have evidence that that was the intent? I assume it was to help people. Do people then vote for the party that makes their lives better? Sometimes...sometimes they vote republican.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I don't think capitalism creates the desire for possessions. That is just human nature. Communism certainly had rewards for those with power and that was usually a dacha in the country, a car, television sets and extravagant food and liquor.

redtide

Mayor
The effort to improve the lives of millions started in the early 60s. You say it was meant to buy votes. Do you have evidence that that was the intent? I assume it was to help people. Do people then vote for the party that makes their lives better? Sometimes...sometimes they vote republican.

you and I know that is not true. granted the "effort was sold to US as being altruistic it was and is anything but

redtide

Mayor

And the cure is not capitalism as the Scandinavian countries have proven. In America the capitalist system has led to income inequality, and more poverty. There is a balance, however, greed in this country has destroyed that balance.

“The causes which destroyed the ancient republics were numerous; but in Rome, one principal cause was the vast inequality of fortunes."
Noah Webster

https://www.newsweek.com/2014/02/07/why-thomas-jefferson-favored-profit-sharing-245454.html

President Obama's State of the Union speech last week focused on America's severe and growing inequality, but he stopped short of repeating the Founding Fathers' many warnings that this condition could doom American democracy.

The founders, despite decades of rancorous disagreements about almost every other aspect of their grand experiment, agreed that America would survive and thrive only if there was widespread ownership of land and businesses.

George Washington, nine months before his inauguration as the first president, predicted that America "will be the most favorable country of any kind in the world for persons of industry and frugality, possessed of moderate capital, to inhabit." And, he continued, "it will not be less advantageous to the happiness of the lowest class of people, because of the equal distribution of property."

The second president, John Adams, feared "monopolies of land" would destroy the nation and that a business aristocracy born of inequality would manipulate voters, creating "a system of subordination to all... The capricious will of one or a very few" dominating the rest. Unless constrained, Adams wrote, "the rich and the proud" would wield economic and political power that "will destroy all the equality and liberty, with the consent and acclamations of the people themselves."

James Madison, the Constitution's main author, described inequality as an evil, saying government should prevent "an immoderate, and especially unmerited, accumulation of riches."
the poor are poor due to the choices they made. inequality cannot be corrected by keeping those who made bad choices or allowing them to vote themselves into our wallets.

4/15

Mayor
friends dont send my kids to college, or pay my rent, or my doctor bills.........
You really don't get it do you? Doctor bills should be covered by insurance, you should be paying a mortgage not rent, college is not a feel good thing but requirement like the previous 2 items.

4/15

Mayor
Without capitalism why would a person feel the need for a $70,000 mercedes car when $400 could get you cheap wheels? The subliminal message in advertising is there because capitalism mandates it!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yet you post of your BIG home in Cali with cottage out back..........Rose fell for your BS

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I don't think capitalism creates the desire for possessions. That is just human nature. Communism certainly had rewards for those with power and that was usually a dacha in the country, a car, television sets and extravagant food and liquor.
like a $1,000,000 restaurant as you bragged of having and big home:)

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
You really don't get it do you? Doctor bills should be covered by insurance, you should be paying a mortgage not rent, college is not a feel good thing but requirement like the previous 2 items.
My doctor bills are covered by insurance, the insurance payments are not covered by friends.
I prefer to rent, not own. Sue me.
College is NOT a requirement, it's a choice. Talk to Mike Rowe

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
the poor are poor due to the choices they made. inequality cannot be corrected by keeping those who made bad choices or allowing them to vote themselves into our wallets.
legal immigrants and even illegals come and prosper due to work many Americans don't and will not work as long as they are poor government will support them.

redtide

Mayor
Without capitalism why would a person feel the need for a $70,000 mercedes car when $400 could get you cheap wheels? The subliminal message in advertising is there because capitalism mandates it!
what motivates people excel? The desire to make ones life better is what drives healthy people not the desire to be the same in misery

redtide

Mayor

Noah Webster

actually slackers and govt vote buying programs keep people down

OldTrapper

Council Member
actually slackers and govt vote buying programs keep people down
Slackers like Gates, Buffet, the Wall family, and Trump with the help of the Republicans?

I agree.

BTW, who was to blame in the age of Feudalism? Who kept the slaves down here in America?

How about during the time of Christ?

OldTrapper

Council Member
Would you apply the same principle to income inequality, and the government favoring the wealthy, and corporations?

And what was there about the Great Depression that was causing poverty to end?