• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Looks like the case may be cracking

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
First, you have no idea what Mueller is investigating. His team are consummate professionals, leaking nothing.

And you also have no idea whether Clinton is being investigated. That is not Mueller’s charge, but I would be shocked if Sessions has not knuckled under and followed el Presidente’s directives to investigate Hillary.
Ah good, you agree he is innocent until proven otherwise. Reality thanks you for your candor

Bugsy McGurk

President
Ah good, you agree he is innocent until proven otherwise. Reality thanks you for your candor
Of course.

I think the odds of Mueller finding that Trump and his team broke no laws (besides the guilty pleas already) are close to nil, but you can always hope for a miracle. I think it’s daft to claim in advance that none of them broke the law. Obstructing of justice seems to be a mortal lock.

Indeed, I think it’s very likely that Trump moves to fire Mueller and throws pardons around to avoid the consequences of their crimes. We shall see.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Of course.

I think the odds of Mueller finding that Trump and his team broke no laws (besides the guilty pleas already) are close to nil, but you can always hope for a miracle. I think it’s daft to claim in advance that none of them broke the law. Obstructing of justice seems to be a mortal lock.

Indeed, I think it’s very likely that Trump moves to fire Mueller and throws pardons around to avoid the consequences of their crimes. We shall see.

Mmm. We'll see. Will be interesting to see what charges he brings

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
In Trumplandia, where up is down, the past president who graciously left office upon the end of his constitutional term is referred to as “President for Life.”
It was an insult comparing the POS, Obama, to a real man of his people, the inimitable, altruistic President for Life Idi Amin Da Da. *

*The only thing that kept Obama from becoming like the animal, Idi Amin is that there are 300 million guns in the hands of American citizens.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Of course.

They have already found that Trump and his team broke no laws, they're just too dishonest to admit it. That's why Mueller should be fired and have the investigatory focus put on him. Then you'll see what collusion and broken laws really look like.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
But he's pursuing things like tax evasion... meanwhile the Clinton campaign funding the dossier goes untouched. Reality dwellers are perplexed
1. It is clear that the Clinton campaign paid the lawfirm that hired Fusion. What crime is it that you feel should be investigated?
2. To prove conspiracy you need an insider to flip. Convict one of tax evasion and you have leverage. Why do you think Fitzgerald went after Skooter for lying to the FBI?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
1. It is clear that the Clinton campaign paid the lawfirm that hired Fusion. What crime is it that you feel should be investigated?
2. To prove conspiracy you need an insider to flip. Convict one of tax evasion and you have leverage. Why do you think Fitzgerald went after Skooter for lying to the FBI?
Dunno, perhaps the nebulous crime of collusion, for which everyone seems to have concluded trump is guilty of, absent his having hired anyone in a firm to produce anything

What leverage. These are billionaires. You think there's leverage outside of some fines?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
We'll see about that. As I said, contrary to your beliefs, McCabe deserves due process.
1. What evidence is there that he obstructed justice? Certainly not the information provided in an interview with a reporter.
2. There will be no indictment.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Dunno, perhaps the nebulous crime of collusion, for which everyone seems to have concluded trump is guilty of, absent his having hired anyone in a firm to produce anything

What leverage. These are billionaires. You think there's leverage outside of some fines?
You seem to throw the word collusion around without really establishing that you know what it means. Collusion between the Russian government with implied favorable policies in return for help getting elected would be illegal. Especially if it involved knowledge of the Russians hacking into the DNC email server, which is a crime all by itself.

Hiring a law firm, which then hired a research firm which then hired Steele is not illegal...so what is the crime you think is involved?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You seem to throw the word collusion around without really establishing that you know what it means. Collusion between the Russian government with implied favorable policies in return for help getting elected would be illegal. Especially if it involved knowledge of the Russians hacking into the DNC email server, which is a crime all by itself.

Hiring a law firm, which then hired a research firm which then hired Steele is not illegal...so what is the crime you think is involved?
Oh I know what it means.. and I'm not the one throwing it around with such certainty. Though if I were to, I would follow what I knew to have occurred..paying monies connected to firms connected to Russian activity. But..that seems implausible, even though the nothing on trump is somehow a foregone conclusion and case for collusion.
Retarded, that.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Oh I know what it means.. and I'm not the one throwing it around with such certainty. Though if I were to, I would follow what I knew to have occurred..paying monies connected to firms connected to Russian activity. But..that seems implausible, even though the nothing on trump is somehow a foregone conclusion and case for collusion.
Retarded, that.
Er, what? "paying monies to firms connected to Russian activity"? And you think that is illegal? It doesn't even qualify as collusion....since it isn't illegal.

S

Sickofleft

The crime would have been collusion with the Russian government to put unfavorable information into the media to boost Trump's chances of election in return for a relaxation of sanctions or other pro-Russia or pro-Putin policies. Prior to the election Trump had talked about leaving Nato, relaxing sanctions, cooperating with Russia in Syria and walking away from any negative action related to the fighting in Ukraine.

Still think they are in search of a crime?
The problem with your "crime" is you have no evidence of that, at all. The Russians did not care who won the election, they just wanted to sow doubt into the election process. Thanks to the Left's constant crying about having lost the election it worked.

Lets not forget Putin never had it better under Obama.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Er, what? "paying monies to firms connected to Russian activity"? And you think that is illegal? It doesn't even qualify as collusion....since it isn't illegal.
So in your opinion what does the absolutely nothing so far qualify as, as far as Trump and Company go?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So in your opinion what does the absolutely nothing so far qualify as, as far as Trump and Company go?
What we know:

The Russians engaged in quite an effort to spread negative headlines related to Hillary.
They are the probable culprits in the DNC email hack.
They are the likely source of DNC emails to Wikileaks.
They are engaged in attempts to hack voting systems, typically voter registration databases.

There were numerous contacts between Trump campaign officials and Russian government officials. In at least one conversation between Flynn and the Russian ambassador was about the sanctions on Russia.

The Trump campaign had the RNC strip the policy of providing weapons to Ukraine. Coincidentally that was immediately after Carter Page returned from a trip to Moscow.

There was a gambling operation, run in Trump Tower by the Russian mob. There is circumstantial evidence of money laundering by the Russian mob through Trump businesses. Much of that was in the Steele dossier.

What is suspected by many: There was an implied quid pro quo. Trump, during his campaign talked about withdrawing from Nato. That is something near and dear to Putin's heart. Trump talked about better relations with Russia and that we should cooperate in Syria...but no criticism of Russian involvement in the violence in Ukraine.

That is enough for the Mueller investigation.