• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Looks like Wilson had every right to shoot Brown... and I would do the same.

Barbella

Senator
A 300 lb raging, enraged person comes at me and I've got a gun within reach? You better believe I'll pull the trigger... as often as I have to.

Think the riots and protests in Ferguson and surrounding areas will die down? Nope... I very much doubt it. To those people, the party isn't over yet.... not by a long shot.

"Slain Ferguson teen Michael Brown was shot in the hand at close range, an official county autopsy report obtained by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shows, bolstering police officer Darren Wilson's claims that the 18-year-old had attacked him.

The Washington Post also reported early Tuesday that at least six African-American witnesses back Wilson's account of the shooting -- that he was attacked by Brown. This challenges earlier accounts that suggested that most black witnesses to the shooting said that Brown was shot for seemingly no reason at all while he had his hands raised.

Wilson’s account is also now backed by the physical evidence that leaked from the grand jury last week. That includes blood spatter analysis, shell casings and ballistics tests. Taken as a whole this casts Brown as the aggressor who threatened the officer’s life, the Post reports."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/Fe...-shooting/2014/10/22/id/602363/#ixzz3GzdOLWeK

MrMike

Bless you all
Can't say I blame him given that lump of beef rolling at me, I'd do the same. That report will certainly piss off the Fergies wanting to lynch a cop for killing a thug.

Barbella

Senator
Hmm....changed "gorilla" to "person" I see.

Strange goings on...

;-)
Yes, well, since either you or some other overly "thenthitive" person apparently complained about my "racist" remark.

I once called my grandson a "big ape" and a "gorilla". Must remind myself never to do that again.

MrMike

Bless you all
Side question: What the hell is that thing/lump that was growing on his forehead?

On the news video that thing looked like a chin

Arkady

President
A 300 lb raging, enraged person comes at me and I've got a gun within reach? You better believe I'll pull the trigger... as often as I have to.

Think the riots and protests in Ferguson and surrounding areas will die down? Nope... I very much doubt it. To those people, the party isn't over yet.... not by a long shot.

"Slain Ferguson teen Michael Brown was shot in the hand at close range, an official county autopsy report obtained by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shows, bolstering police officer Darren Wilson's claims that the 18-year-old had attacked him.

The Washington Post also reported early Tuesday that at least six African-American witnesses back Wilson's account of the shooting -- that he was attacked by Brown. This challenges earlier accounts that suggested that most black witnesses to the shooting said that Brown was shot for seemingly no reason at all while he had his hands raised.

Wilson’s account is also now backed by the physical evidence that leaked from the grand jury last week. That includes blood spatter analysis, shell casings and ballistics tests. Taken as a whole this casts Brown as the aggressor who threatened the officer’s life, the Post reports."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/Fe...-shooting/2014/10/22/id/602363/#ixzz3GzdOLWeK

We'll see. Newsmax, as a right-wing propaganda outlet, will pick and choose what it reports. If some witnesses give an account consistent with Wilson's, they'll report that, but if the majority give an account inconsistent with it, they won't.

Anyway, the question isn't simply whether Brown was aggressive towards Wilson, nor how closely he shot him. It's the whole run of events. For example, if Brown pushed Wilson and Wilson responded by putting several bullets in him, that would be wildly disproportionate, and although some fault would be shared by Brown, it wouldn't exonerate Wilson. I'm content to allow the investigation to continue, without fixating on selective leaks and cherry-picked evidence.

trapdoor

Governor
We'll see. Newsmax, as a right-wing propaganda outlet, will pick and choose what it reports. If some witnesses give an account consistent with Wilson's, they'll report that, but if the majority give an account inconsistent with it, they won't.

Anyway, the question isn't simply whether Brown was aggressive towards Wilson, nor how closely he shot him. It's the whole run of events. For example, if Brown pushed Wilson and Wilson responded by putting several bullets in him, that would be wildly disproportionate, and although some fault would be shared by Brown, it wouldn't exonerate Wilson. I'm content to allow the investigation to continue, without fixating on selective leaks and cherry-picked evidence.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/official-autopsy-shows-michael-brown-had-close-range-wound-to/article_e98a4ce0-c284-57c9-9882-3fb7df75fef6.html

Newsweek:
http://www.newsweek.com/michael-browns-autopsy-analysis-shows-struggle-darren-wilson-thc-his-blood-and-279155

Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/new-evidence-supports-officers-account-of-shooting-in-ferguson/2014/10/22/cf38c7b4-5964-11e4-bd61-346aee66ba29_story.html

You were impugning the news source?

middleview

President
Supporting Member

So what you have here is evidence that Wilson was attacked in his car and Brown was wounded in the attempt.
What you do not have is evidence that Wilson, when he fired the fatal shots, was in danger. If Brown was 25 or more feet away from Wilson then the only reason to kill Brown is if he is running at Wilson.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yes, well, since either you or some other overly "thenthitive" person apparently complained about my "racist" remark.

I once called my grandson a "big ape" and a "gorilla". Must remind myself never to do that again.
An innocent choice of words, I'm sure.

;-)

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
What the hell else could it be?
Well since you just changed the word "gorilla" (now in the Trash column) to now a 300# man (meaning Brown, of course) it's pretty damn obvious. And as far as you calling your grandson an ape or a gorilla...I doubt it very much. You have a 'story' for every filthy racist remark you make to try to justify your racism. I doubt some "thenthitive" person trashed it...it was more than likely the adm. or one of the Mods.

Jen

Senator
Well since you just changed the word "gorilla" (now in the Trash column) to now a 300# man (meaning Brown, of course) it's pretty damn obvious. And as far as you calling your grandson an ape or a gorilla...I doubt it very much. You have a 'story' for every filthy racist remark you make to try to justify your racism. I doubt some "thenthitive" person trashed it...it was more than likely the adm. or one of the Mods.
Everything is racist............... except when a Leftist says it.

i tend to agree, although the fact that "6 to 8" total shots were fired does seem excessive, but more likely due to shock and reaction, rather than plot by wilson to "execute" michael brown as his cohorts in crime first claimed.

i renew my call for all police cruisers to be equipped with "go pro hero 3" dashboard cams. this will completely put an end to the nonsence that "so and so is peaceful boy and has never been in trouble in his entire life".

give them to community watchmen too, while we're at it.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
We'll see. Newsmax, as a right-wing propaganda outlet, will pick and choose what it reports.
For someone as you to be nose-deep into Salon, Rolling Stone, etc. and then complain about "propaganda outlets" and picking and chosing?

It doesn't add up.