• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Low growth projection by Fed - more cold water thrown on Trump’s “great economy” lie

Days

Commentator
Let’s review...

We have a thread raising Trump’s lies about “the greatest economy of all time,” where a point was made about cancer researchers being currently starved of the funding needed to fully fund cancer research, with Trump proposing to slash NIH funding by $5 billion, with massive tax cuts going to the fatcats, and we have wingers babbling about Obama and trying to equate the rising costs of health care research with interest rates, growth rates, and similar nonsense.

I can’t decide which is worse - Trump/GOP cultists’ hackery, or their dopiness.

;-)
Actually this is your thread, and you are the one who posted a bald faced lie about the NIH budget, Rick called you on it, and you try to wriggle out of it by calling Rick a liar... same ol' Bugs.

Days

Commentator
I rest my case.

;-)
I posted in moneybox. I'm an ex-banker. I understand money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset about your confusion, I find it amusing as hell.

What I don't understand is why on earth it would ever enter your mind to try and top post about money. You have no clue how money works or even what money is.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Actually this is your thread, and you are the one who posted a bald faced lie about the NIH budget, Rick called you on it, and you try to wriggle out of it by calling Rick a liar... same ol' Bugs.
A lie? You claim the NIH is not starved of the funds needed to fully research promising cancer therapies?

Show your work.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I posted in moneybox. I'm an ex-banker. I understand money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset about your confusion, I find it amusing as hell.

What I don't understand is why on earth it would ever enter your mind to try and top post about money. You have no clue how money works or even what money is.
The only thing that confuses me is how your mind got so addled that you can’t even tell what the topics are.

Days

Commentator
A lie? You claim the NIH is not starved of the funds needed to fully research promising cancer therapies?

Show your work.
See, Bugs, if your lips are moving...

here, Bugs wriggles out of one lie by trying to insert another lie ... first he told the whopper about an 18% increase in budget being necessary to keep pace with inflation (inflation he just ascertained never happened) ... then he tries to get out of me tagging him for it by making a claim for me and then beating down that straw man.

So we are up to 2 lies in just this thread, 3 if you want to call him on his lie about Trump's growth being poorer than Obamas. If he keeps posting the lie count will grow. This is the same Bugs who claims he never lies.

he never lies because none of his lies are lies, they all are the God's honest truth, just ask him... but don't ask him to explain how 18% increase in budget was just keeping pace with inflation, he will dodge that.

Bugsy McGurk

President
See, Bugs, if your lips are moving...

here, Bugs wriggles out of one lie by trying to insert another lie ... first he told the whopper about an 18% increase in budget being necessary to keep pace with inflation (inflation he just ascertained never happened) ... then he tries to get out of me tagging him for it by making a claim for me and then beating down that straw man.

So we are up to 2 lies in just this thread, 3 if you want to call him on his lie about Trump's growth being poorer than Obamas. If he keeps posting the lie count will grow. This is the same Bugs who claims he never lies.

he never lies because none of his lies are lies, they all are the God's honest truth, just ask him... but don't ask him to explain how 18% increase in budget was just keeping pace with inflation, he will dodge that.
The only lies there are your lies about what I said.

If you want to contest something I said, quote me and address it. Winger “rewrites” are always lies.

Days

Commentator
Your failure to meet my challenge is noted.

Ya got no game.

;-)
my exhaustion with all your lying for the past 7 years keeps me leary of taking your "challenges". I didn't rewrite what you said, so why should I take that challenge?

Do you even remember what you were trying to say in your top post? I can't get on topic until I discover one.

Bugsy McGurk

President
my exhaustion with all your lying for the past 7 years keeps me leary of taking your "challenges". I didn't rewrite what you said, so why should I take that challenge?

Do you even remember what you were trying to say in your top post? I can't get on topic until I discover one.
I can’t even shame you into trying to prove I lied.

If you ever work up some stones, quote anything I said - none of your “rewrites” or snippets - and try to show it is a lie. Man up. Just try.

As to the topics, they are not only clearly written above - I even provided a recap for you above. I can do no more. Read them again. If you remain clueless, ask me nicely to explain things and I might help you out.

Days

Commentator
I can’t even shame you into trying to prove I lied.

If you ever work up some stones, quote anything I said - none of your “rewrites” or snippets - and try to show it is a lie. Man up. Just try.

As to the topics, they are not only clearly written above - I even provided a recap for you above. I can do no more. Read them again. If you remain clueless, ask me nicely to explain things and I might help you out.
chicken shit scared to even try and say what your own top post is arguing... can't say I blame you.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
You just keep repeating the same drivel and ignoring the point.

The utter intellectual dishonesty we have come to expect from Trump/GOP cultists.
It’s ok, Bugsy. Everyone knows you’re counting on those DNC paychecks and you can’t admit your DEFCON-1 stoogery.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Let’s review...

We have a thread raising Trump’s lies about “the greatest economy of all time,” where a point was made about cancer researchers being currently starved of the funding needed to fully fund cancer research, with Trump proposing to slash NIH funding by $5 billion, with massive tax cuts going to the fatcats, and we have wingers babbling about Obama and trying to equate the rising costs of health care research with interest rates, growth rates, and similar nonsense.

I can’t decide which is worse - Trump/GOP cultists’ hackery, or their dopiness.

;-)
The above post of yours is nothing more than a demand that your direct, intentional, overt, demonstrable lies go unchecked.

Atta lackey!

Bugsy McGurk

President
The above post of yours is nothing more than a demand that your direct, intentional, overt, demonstrable lies go unchecked.

Atta lackey!
Stop that inane babbling and try to prove that something I said was a lie. Man up. Do it. Quote something I said and prove it false.

Don’t weasel out now. Give it a go.

Days

Commentator
You’re just not paying attention.

I gave you my terms above.
Here, I'll explain it to you. The first thing you have to know is what a target growth rate is. A target growth rate is what the FED wants the economy to grow at. Forever and as long as the FED has existed, the target growth rate has been 3%. That means if growth is heating up, the FED will raise rates to get the growth (inflation) back down to 3%, but if growth is anemic, the FED will drop rates to get the economy growing again.

Under Obama the average annual growth rate was 2%, but the cost of money was already zero (1/4%, hell not even that, 1/8%, as in 0.125%) they had a term for that, all it meant was interest rates hit the floor, money cost nothing; which is another way of saying the money was worth nothing. We had become Japan. Finally, as Obama's 8th term in office was ending, Yellen (head of the FED; Obama chose her) decides to raise the interest rate 1/4% to 3/8% ... out of desperation to revive the carry trade. Even though there was no growth to base it on. We were still under the target growth rate. So, how does Yellen justify it? She lowers the target growth rate to 2%. That's right, we want to underperform. while everyone's jaw was dropping she then, grasping for straws, says, unemployment numbers are real good, so she cites that as a reason to raise rates; literally saying the FED needs to trim employment and lay more people off. That's why Yellen was canned immediately by Trump.

Okay, now what? The Trump economy actually did grow at 4.2% (higher, by the way, than any single year of Obama's) and the FED was projecting it would go to 5%, so they raised interest rates another 1/4% to 0.625%. Justifiable, this time. Pissed Trump off same as it would any president.

So where are we now? The white house says we are looking at a return to 3% growth, but the FED says we are looking at closer to 2% growth. Either way, the FED is pulling in their horns and signalling no more rate hikes.

The rest is just political writers trying to sling mud at Trump.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
chicken shit scared to even try and say what your own top post is arguing... can't say I blame you.
I can certainly understand why you once thought it possible that Bugsy was a DNC “bot”. His content and unwavering adherence to program is considerable. But it would be tough to write code to make content so flimsy and liquid. This one just morphs and slouches to whichever lie it chooses. It’s too kooky to be a bot. It’s just an unprincipled paid hack.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I can certainly understand why you once thought it possible that Bugsy was a DNC “bot”. His content and unwavering adherence to program is considerable. But it would be tough to write code to make content so flimsy and liquid. This one just morphs and slouches to whichever lie it chooses. It’s too kooky to be a bot. It’s just an unprincipled paid hack.
Yes, sports fans, it is degenerating into a truly dopey dittofest, as the wingers lick their wounds and seek solace from their pals...

;-)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Stop that inane babbling and try to prove that something I said was a lie. Man up. Do it. Quote something I said and prove it false.

Don’t weasel out now. Give it a go.
I already did. There has been no inflation ANYWHERE NEAR what you are requiring a non-Democrat to fund NIH in order to escape the charge of program “starvation”. In REAL dollars, Trump has funded that institution more robustly than Obama did every single year of his presidency.

Point proven. Dollars cited. And you merely double down. There’s nonsense arguing with the DNC harlot.