• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Lupe's birds and fish

Lupe he's precious! Blue Jays used to line up on our roof waiting for the peanuts we'd throw the squirrels. Does he get along with the other birds?
The parrots are wary of him because he doesn't fight fair he stabs and doesn't bite. Funny thing is his cage is next to Valentinos and when Valentino stands just right his tail sticks out where Jay can grab a hold of it when he does Valentino squawks like his life is in danger. Its funny and like Mrs H. says "Jay es un cabron"
In spite of being smaller and unable to fly he is at the top of the pecking order

fairsheet

Senator
We don't have Blue Jays hereabouts. We do have Stellar Jays though, which some people mistakenly call Blue Jays. The Stellar Jays are smart, have a considerable vocabulary, and are perhaps the most wary of our backyard birds.

When we go camping up in the mountains, we see the Gray Jays, or what's more commonly know as "Camp Robbers".

Jen

Senator
We has Stellar Jays in Washington. They would fight over the birdseed we put on our deck. They'd just stand out there yelling at each other about it. They were dark (almost black) blue with luminous (sort of scintillating) feathers. Good looking birds, but they certainly didn't get along with each other.

fairsheet

Senator
We has Stellar Jays in Washington. They would fight over the birdseed we put on our deck. They'd just stand out there yelling at each other about it. They were dark (almost black) blue with luminous (sort of scintillating) feathers. Good looking birds, but they certainly didn't get along with each other.
The Stellar Jays are big - bigger than Blue Birds, but as I say, they're timid and I never see them lording it over the smaller birds. They're sorta like my crows in that they seem more interested in humans than in other birds.

Speaking of crows - how the hell big are their eggs? My crow pair looks to've produced three "little" ones this year. Little? Without observing their interaction, you can't tell the adults from the "babies"!

Jen

Senator
The Stellar Jays are big - bigger than Blue Birds, but as I say, they're timid and I never see them lording it over the smaller birds. They're sorta like my crows in that they seem more interested in humans than in other birds.

Speaking of crows - how the hell big are their eggs? My crow pair looks to've produced three "little" ones this year. Little? Without observing their interaction, you can't tell the adults from the "babies"!
I don't know, but some of the crows I've seen here are almost as big as my cat.