• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Mass shootings. What’s the real cause?

EatTheRich

President
That won't work. Treating kids like little numbers would make them even more barbaric. We need intact families.
It's not 100% but it's better than things are now.
Public child care doesn’t mean “treating kids like little numbers” unless it is administered by “run it like a business” conservatives. The family is economically untenable since the current capitalist market’s requirement that all adults work is incompatible with the unpaid domestic labor expected in the household economy, and socially untenable because it reinforces a degraded status that women will not accept.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Pissed-off losers can get their hands on guns quite easily. Do you think thugs and gangsters buy their guns legally?

Gun laws will work just as well as drug laws... which is to say they don’t and won’t.

Bad parenting, a me-me-me society where no respect for others is taught nor given, a lack of morals and ethics that’s prevalent and even celebrated, no sense of responsibility for oneself or others... those are the underlying causes which must be addressed.
Thugs and gangsters buy their guns from other thugs or from family...is many cases straw buyers. Universal background checks would help with that.

llovejim

Current Champion
So, no. You're not for it?

Let's..try

Do you shit in the street? Randomly punch people?

Me either.

So there's a baseline

How about support raising kids that would countenance pissing on potatoes in Walmart?

Me neither.

See how easy?
it's easy for people who are already decent, sane people. duh. geezus. hell, i see people dumping their ass trays from their car in parking lots, throwing litter out of their cars onto the pavement even if they are just 20' from a trashcan. People using a cart to take their groceries out to the car and then just leaving it in a parking space instead of walking it 15' to a cart corral. people speeding up on the highway to stop people from coming onto the freeway or from being able to change lanes....huge high numbers of people doing this goofy ass, thoughtless, shit. and you believe it would be easier to change their attitudes, or to flag potential nutbars, than to just make their weapon of choice illegal and much harder for these usually low income losers to ever use?

Exactly why the dilemma. No effort.

Thanks for the demonstration
Throughout history, across the globe the 99.99% of people understand killing is wrong. And it's taught to 100% of the population.
You are talking about doubling down on something that has proven ineffectual at stopping mass shooting.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
it's easy for people who are already decent, sane people. duh. geezus. hell, i see people dumping their ass trays from their car in parking lots, throwing litter out of their cars onto the pavement even if they are just 20' from a trashcan. People using a cart to take their groceries out to the car and then just leaving it in a parking space instead of walking it 15' to a cart corral. people speeding up on the highway to stop people from coming onto the freeway or from being able to change lanes....huge high numbers of people doing this goofy ass, thoughtless, shit. and you believe it would be easier to change their attitudes, or to flag potential nutbars, than to just make their weapon of choice illegal and much harder for these usually low income losers to ever use?

Neither is 'just'.

Won't be easy. And yes I think raising and educating people to not be slovenly dullards has merit.

And no, I don't think just removing the guns from the slovenly dullards and then leave them to it is the answer.

Which is not to say I am not for severe curbs to gun access.

See?