• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Mass shootings. What’s the real cause?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Throughout history, across the globe the 99.99% of people understand killing is wrong. And it's taught to 100% of the population.
You are talking about doubling down on something that has proven ineffectual at stopping mass shooting.

Um no. Here's what I was talking about

"Seems curbing amorality, and debased gaming, and other shitty social trends can only benefit"

llovejim

Current Champion
Neither is 'just'.

Won't be easy. And yes I think raising and educating people to not be slovenly dullards has merit.

And no, I don't think just removing the guns from the slovenly dullards and then leave them to it is the answer.

Which is not to say I am not for severe curbs to gun access.

See?
we have "re-education" programs in schools and churches and youth athletic leagues today as we have had forever and ever. Lots of parents are awful parents, because they are awful people, fundamentally. Their kids see these adults doing the crap I was talking about, see them lie to each other, lie to them, smack them around for doing something wrong instead of trying to explain to them what they did wrong and doing all they can to not take the easy way out and just smack them and say, "Because I said so." Outside of their homes, these kids do get in trouble for acting like their adult role models, but it is hard to change that kind of behavior that was ingrained upon them for 6 years before anybody else got a chance to reach them.

Nobody said if we took all assault weapons and clips away all mass shootings would stop, but it is the quickest, easiest and most effective way by far to diminish it...look at all the countries with no access to assault weapons and high capacity clips. No doubt about it.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Public child care doesn’t mean “treating kids like little numbers” unless it is administered by “run it like a business” conservatives. The family is economically untenable since the current capitalist market’s requirement that all adults work is incompatible with the unpaid domestic labor expected in the household economy, and socially untenable because it reinforces a degraded status that women will not accept.
Only the case for underachieving slackers and dolts. Our kids are now 24, 20, and 15 respectively. My wife was able to put aside her career and be a stay-at-home mom for all three. This was something we agreed was very important to us prior to having children. Life is good. All three kids are amazing.
:)

Work hard. Improve. Be promoted. Work multiple jobs. Move to where cost of living is less. If we make a thing a priority, that thing tends to happen.

(I know, I know...some Marxist crapola, “capitalism bad”, mean bosses, consumerism bugaboo, blah blah...woe is me...the leviathan State is panacea...etc.).

Jen

Senator
Only the case for underachieving slackers and dolts. Our kids are now 24, 20, and 15 respectively. My wife was able to put aside her career and be a stay-at-home mom for all three. This was something we agreed was very important to us prior to having children. Life is good. All three kids are amazing.

Work hard. Improve. Be promoted. Work multiple jobs. Move to where cost of living is less. If we make a thing a priority, that thing tends to happen.

(I know, I know...some Marxist crapola, “capitalism bad”, mean bosses, consumerism bugaboo, blah blah...woe is me...the leviathan State is panacea...etc.).
It's all about choices and priorities. We made the same choice before we had children. And believe me there were a few difficult times, but I stayed home with the kids, went to school with them, knew their teachers, and finally brought them home and finished their education by home schooling them.

The twins are 33 now and our youngest is 30. The twins are excelling in Seattle (a high cost city) and our daughter is seeing her fiance through his doctorate at John's Hopkins. Our oldest is also doing well enough in Seattle to take his family on frequent out-of-country vacations.

A fully functional family is imperative for these kinds of results. Just this week our daughter thanked us for giving the family meals around the table every day. That's just one small perk of family life. We built many years of memories and solid footing that will always be there.

That's what this country is missing: family. A family with God as its center will be blessed.

EatTheRich

President

The market dictates that only a minority of families can afford to do that.

EatTheRich

President
It's all about choices and priorities. We made the same choice before we had children. And believe me there were a few difficult times, but I stayed home with the kids, went to school with them, knew their teachers, and finally brought them home and finished their education by home schooling them.

The twins are 33 now and our youngest is 30. The twins are excelling in Seattle (a high cost city) and our daughter is seeing her fiance through his doctorate at John's Hopkins. Our oldest is also doing well enough in Seattle to take his family on frequent out-of-country vacations.

A fully functional family is imperative for these kinds of results. Just this week our daughter thanked us for giving the family meals around the table every day. That's just one small perk of family life. We built many years of memories and solid footing that will always be there.

That's what this country is missing: family. A family with God as its center will be blessed.
Yes ... you had the choice to stay home and cook family meals while in other families both parents’ priority was to work 3 jobs each just to keep their kids from starving,

EatTheRich

President
No. Slackers and assorted people with misaligned priorities “dictate” that. Stop moaning and work harder. And plan things.
The poorest work harder than anyone else. It is hard for them to plan things because their economic vulnerability means they must respond to immediate survival needs from day to day.

reason10

Governor
\you are right about trump being only a tiny part of any mass shootings, in particular not standing up to the NRA and changing some laws for the better.

Tell us again how many NRA members engaged in mass shootings, you moron.

yeah, he is divisive. he panders to the worst instincts of his base, not the best, and that is his one and only game plan.

You mean like all those high paying jobs for all those black and brown people you hate and look down on? How is that divisive? A black or Hispanic father can provide for his family something besides food stamps. I guess you wanted that black man back in the fields picking cotton, huh?

but mass shooters are full of hate and rage for other reasons, and there have always been loners pissed off about their lives and blaming it on everybody else but themselves.

Pretty much describes EVERY liberal in America, particularly the idiots who post at this forum.

The fact these losers have such easy access to such lethal weapons has a part in giving these goons the fake bravery to even attempt to shoot their way to what they consider glory, and the fact these weapons can kill so many, so quickly, makes the death and casualty count so much higher than if they were not available.

Availability of weapons is not what causes mass shootings, idiot. Machine guns have been around a long time and have been illegal for quite a while. Semi auto rifles and pistols have been around a long time. There weren't always so many mass shootings. I blame it on Trump Derangement Syndrome, since most shooters were registered Democrats. Losers like you. Except that at least you took the high road and smoked crack all day long instead of growing a set of balls and picking up a gun.

other modern countries have pissed off loser males with bad family dynamics and gory video games, but hardly any mass shootings- because they can't get their hands on these weapons.

Like...uh...Afghanistan? Iraq?
Did you take a major shitt yesterday and notice your brain was missing?

that is the easiest, fastest way to reduce these shootings and the huge casualty rate connected to them.

I agree with confiscation, from liberal Democrat voters and the bodyguards of Democrat politicians. After all, 99 percent of the mass shooters are registered Democrats. Take their guns away and we can breathe again.

reason10

Governor
The poorest work harder than anyone else.

FULL BUCKING SHITT. There is not ONE single poor person in American who puts in 18 hours days like President Trump or private citizen Donald Trump. Most corporate CEOs keep the same pace. Very few of them have time for families.

Show me ONE single poor person who works as hard as a doctor.

Go ahead. I'm waiting.

It is hard for them to plan things because their economic vulnerability means they must respond to immediate survival needs from day to day.

Their problem is they consume more than they earn. It's as simple as that. And they're too fcking stupid to work smarter and too fcking lazy to work harder.

reason10

Governor
Boys and girls, the REAL cause of mass shootings has NOTHING to do with the availability of guns. (There are MILLIONS of legal gun owners in America. If they were a problem, you'd know it.)

Violent video games is NOT the cause either. Millions of kids, teens and a lot of adults with no life play violent video games every day and they don't suddenly decide to steal a rifle, go out and start blasting.

Political ideology is NOT the cause either. Most of America is mainstream Conservative, with a 30 something percent minority being liberal Democrats and they don't go out and shoot up gun free zone Walmarts on a daily basis. (Although ALL the mass shooters ARE liberal registered Democrats.)

Mental illness even, is not the cause of mass shootings. There are a LOT of mentally ill people in this country who are taking medication or are in institutions. They aren't en masse hitting the streets and blasting away.

You can't even blame violent movies or TV shows. Millions of Americans watch those shows every day, including an asss load of ARMED Americans and you don't see massive gunfire in the streets.

That leaves only ONE cause: There are people who have made the conscious choice of buying or stealing a rifle or a pistol, going to a gun free zone and opening fire. They and only they are solely responsible for their actions.

How do you stop them?

Ever hear of a scumbag going into an NRA building with intentions of shooting it up? Ever hear of a scumbag going to a firing rang or a gun shop with intentions of shooting it up? Ever hear of a scumbag choosing ANY arena where there might be someone armed who will shoot him before he gets a second shot off?

Mass shooters might be a little crazy, but they still possess a speck of self preservation. They will not put themselves in a situation where they can get a bullet in the head before they can take a crowd down

Oh, and remember, one of the WORST mass murder cases in American history was perpetrated by an ex military type who used a truck and fertilizer. He was not found not guilty by reason of insanity.

EatTheRich

President
\you are right about trump being only a tiny part of any mass shootings, in particular not standing up to the NRA and changing some laws for the better.

Tell us again how many NRA members engaged in mass shootings, you moron.

yeah, he is divisive. he panders to the worst instincts of his base, not the best, and that is his one and only game plan.

You mean like all those high paying jobs for all those black and brown people you hate and look down on? How is that divisive? A black or Hispanic father can provide for his family something besides food stamps. I guess you wanted that black man back in the fields picking cotton, huh?

but mass shooters are full of hate and rage for other reasons, and there have always been loners pissed off about their lives and blaming it on everybody else but themselves.

Pretty much describes EVERY liberal in America, particularly the idiots who post at this forum.

The fact these losers have such easy access to such lethal weapons has a part in giving these goons the fake bravery to even attempt to shoot their way to what they consider glory, and the fact these weapons can kill so many, so quickly, makes the death and casualty count so much higher than if they were not available.

Availability of weapons is not what causes mass shootings, idiot. Machine guns have been around a long time and have been illegal for quite a while. Semi auto rifles and pistols have been around a long time. There weren't always so many mass shootings. I blame it on Trump Derangement Syndrome, since most shooters were registered Democrats. Losers like you. Except that at least you took the high road and smoked crack all day long instead of growing a set of balls and picking up a gun.

other modern countries have pissed off loser males with bad family dynamics and gory video games, but hardly any mass shootings- because they can't get their hands on these weapons.

Like...uh...Afghanistan? Iraq?
Did you take a major shitt yesterday and notice your brain was missing?

that is the easiest, fastest way to reduce these shootings and the huge casualty rate connected to them.

I agree with confiscation, from liberal Democrat voters and the bodyguards of Democrat politicians. After all, 99 percent of the mass shooters are registered Democrats. Take their guns away and we can breathe again.
1. Trump has added about 300,000 jobs for Blacks and 400,000 for Hispanic people. Obama meanwhile added about 1.2 million for Hispanic people and 1.0 million for Blacks.
2. The rate of mass shootings is lower than before Clinton took office, not higher.
3. Link to any support for your absurd claim that “99 percent of the mass shooters are registered Democrats.”

EatTheRich

President
The poorest work harder than anyone else.

FULL BUCKING SHITT. There is not ONE single poor person in American who puts in 18 hours days like President Trump or private citizen Donald Trump. Most corporate CEOs keep the same pace. Very few of them have time for families.

Show me ONE single poor person who works as hard as a doctor.

Go ahead. I'm waiting.

It is hard for them to plan things because their economic vulnerability means they must respond to immediate survival needs from day to day.

Their problem is they consume more than they earn. It's as simple as that. And they're too fcking stupid to work smarter and too fcking lazy to work harder.
1. LMAO. Trump puts in about 2-hour day’s.
2. How about a poor person who is a doctor?
3. Many people are working as hard as they can and earning less than they need to survive living the most spartan of lifestyles. Usually when clueless rich people talk about “working smarter” they mean making investments that allow one to profit from work done by others.

EatTheRich

President
Boys and girls, the REAL cause of mass shootings has NOTHING to do with the availability of guns. (There are MILLIONS of legal gun owners in America. If they were a problem, you'd know it.)

Violent video games is NOT the cause either. Millions of kids, teens and a lot of adults with no life play violent video games every day and they don't suddenly decide to steal a rifle, go out and start blasting.

Political ideology is NOT the cause either. Most of America is mainstream Conservative, with a 30 something percent minority being liberal Democrats and they don't go out and shoot up gun free zone Walmarts on a daily basis. (Although ALL the mass shooters ARE liberal registered Democrats.)

Mental illness even, is not the cause of mass shootings. There are a LOT of mentally ill people in this country who are taking medication or are in institutions. They aren't en masse hitting the streets and blasting away.

You can't even blame violent movies or TV shows. Millions of Americans watch those shows every day, including an asss load of ARMED Americans and you don't see massive gunfire in the streets.

That leaves only ONE cause: There are people who have made the conscious choice of buying or stealing a rifle or a pistol, going to a gun free zone and opening fire. They and only they are solely responsible for their actions.

How do you stop them?

Ever hear of a scumbag going into an NRA building with intentions of shooting it up? Ever hear of a scumbag going to a firing rang or a gun shop with intentions of shooting it up? Ever hear of a scumbag choosing ANY arena where there might be someone armed who will shoot him before he gets a second shot off?

Mass shooters might be a little crazy, but they still possess a speck of self preservation. They will not put themselves in a situation where they can get a bullet in the head before they can take a crowd down

Oh, and remember, one of the WORST mass murder cases in American history was perpetrated by an ex military type who used a truck and fertilizer. He was not found not guilty by reason of insanity.
1. Most of the U.S. are liberals. Most mass shooters are apolitical or motivated by conservative/ultrarightist politics.
2. Yeah, what about the Fort Hood shootings? Think there might have been a few guns there?

reason10

Governor
\. Trump has added about 300,000 jobs for Blacks and 400,000 for Hispanic people. Obama meanwhile added about 1.2 million for Hispanic people and 1.0 million for Blacks.

That's a fcking LIE. Blacks and Hispanics LOST jobs under the Obama.

2. The rate of mass shootings is lower than before Clinton took office, not higher.

And yet you goons want to confiscate guns, huh?

3. Link to any support for your absurd claim that “99 percent of the mass shooters are registered Democrats.”

Asked and answered, all over this forum.

https://humidcity.com/2014/05/31/absolute-undeniable-verifiable-proof-mass-shooters-democrats/

EatTheRich

President
\. Trump has added about 300,000 jobs for Blacks and 400,000 for Hispanic people. Obama meanwhile added about 1.2 million for Hispanic people and 1.0 million for Blacks.

That's a fcking LIE. Blacks and Hispanics LOST jobs under the Obama.

And yet you goons want to confiscate guns, huh?

Asked and answered, all over this forum.

https://humidcity.com/2014/05/31/absolute-undeniable-verifiable-proof-mass-shooters-democrats/
1. Absolutely false. Even as the labor force grew, Black unemployment went from 12.7% to 7.7% under Obama and Hispanic unemplpykent went from 10.1% to 5.8%
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000009

2. No. I have argued forcefully against confiscating guns. Which you would know if you ever bothered to read what I wrote before calling me stupid.

3. A list of a tiny fraction of shooters does nothing to back up your claim about 99% of shooters. Your cherry-picked list includes people like Republican Charles Guiteau, who was neither a Democrat nor a mass shooter, and alleges that communist sympathizer Lee Harvey Oswald (also not a mass shooter) was a Democrat, which is patently false.

reason10

Governor
1. LMAO. Trump puts in about 2-hour day’s.

You are so full of shitt. That wasn't even Obama's schedule and the janitor spent more time in the Oval Office than he did.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fitness/donald-trumps-morning-routine-things-he-does-each-day.html/
https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fitness/donald-trumps-morning-routine-things-he-does-each-day.html/

2. How about a poor person who is a doctor?

There is no such thing. Doctors begin an internship of working 30 hour shifts at a time with NO sleep. The intern money is not that great but they have to do this because of their huge student loan debt. Poor persons drop out of high school, get pregnant and go on welfare. None of them are doctors.

3. Many people are working as hard as they can and earning less than they need to survive living the most spartan of lifestyles

And that is totally by CHOICE. Nobody told them to drop out of school, quit their job, get pregnant before marriage, etc.

Usually when clueless rich people talk about “working smarter” they mean making investments that allow one to profit from work done by others.

I started to say there is no such thing as clueless rich people, but then I realized most of the richest members of Congress are Democrats. You might have a point there. Pelosi is the dumbest fck in Congress and she is rich beyond imagination.

To bring you up to speed on matters you have been spouting off before without any possible idea as to what the fck you're talking about, there is a difference between investing and trading.

Investing basically means putting your savings in some account where they won't lose value due to inflation and where they might grow over time in value. People INVEST all the time for purposes of securing a retirement.

Trading is the art of making tons of money by playing different stock markets,buying lower, selling higher and scoring a profit (after paying a broker's fee) . And yes, there are those who got an undeserved leg up. Hillary made a ton of money in cattle futures trading that was clearly insider trading. Most of Congress gets rich the same way: insider trading, getting valuable stock tips from people who have bought and sold them.

Thing about President Trump, he's richer than ALL of them and he earned every penny. He cannot be bought.