• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Mass shootings. What’s the real cause?

Barbella

Senator
I don’t believe they can be laid at President Trump’s feet. No one person is responsible for this madness, and here’s a great explanation of what IS:

“This is exactly what you get in a culture where anything goes and nothing matters. Extract all the meaning and purpose from being here on earth, and erase as many boundaries as you can from custom and behavior, and watch what happens, especially among young men trained on video slaughter games."

He's right. Young men are the problem. Many of our boys are living in what Kunstler describes as an "abyss of missing social relations" with "no communities, no fathers, no mentors, no initiations into personal responsibility, no daily organizing principles, no instruction in useful trades, no productive activities, no opportunities for love and affection, and no way out."

https://townhall.com/columnists/tuckercarlsonandneilpatel/2019/08/16/american-tragedy-n2551762?amp=true

llovejim

Current Champion
you are right about trump being only a tiny part of any mass shootings, in particular not standing up to the NRA and changing some laws for the better. yeah, he is divisive. he panders to the worst instincts of his base, not the best, and that is his one and only game plan. but mass shooters are full of hate and rage for other reasons, and there have always been loners pissed off about their lives and blaming it on everybody else but themselves. the fact these losers have such easy access to such lethal weapons has a part in giving these goons the fake bravery to even attempt to shoot their way to what they consider glory, and the fact these weapons can kill so many, so quickly, makes the death and casualty count so much higher than if they were not available. other modern countries have pissed off loser males with bad family dynamics and gory video games, but hardly any mass shootings- because they can't get their hands on these weapons.

that is the easiest, fastest way to reduce these shootings and the huge casualty rate connected to them.

otherwise, we will always have more thoughts and prayers.

Barbella

Senator
you are right about trump being only a tiny part of any mass shootings, in particular not standing up to the NRA and changing some laws for the better. yeah, he is divisive. he panders to the worst instincts of his base, not the best, and that is his one and only game plan. but mass shooters are full of hate and rage for other reasons, and there have always been loners pissed off about their lives and blaming it on everybody else but themselves. the fact these losers have such easy access to such lethal weapons has a part in giving these goons the fake bravery to even attempt to shoot their way to what they consider glory, and the fact these weapons can kill so many, so quickly, makes the death and casualty count so much higher than if they were not available. other modern countries have pissed off loser males with bad family dynamics and gory video games, but hardly any mass shootings- because they can't get their hands on these weapons.

that is the easiest, fastest way to reduce these shootings and the huge casualty rate connected to them.

Pissed-off losers can get their hands on guns quite easily. Do you think thugs and gangsters buy their guns legally?

Gun laws will work just as well as drug laws... which is to say they don’t and won’t.

Bad parenting, a me-me-me society where no respect for others is taught nor given, a lack of morals and ethics that’s prevalent and even celebrated, no sense of responsibility for oneself or others... those are the underlying causes which must be addressed.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Na, its the guns.
Guns can't do anything without a human operator and dope is shown to be the main factor in the Dayton shooter and IMO all.

Shooters still living with mommy & daddy hiding in their bedrooms playing video games, millennials afraid to grow up and be adults.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Pissed-off losers can get their hands on guns quite easily. Do you think thugs and gangsters buy their guns legally?

Gun laws will work just as well as drug laws... which is to say they don’t and won’t.

Bad parenting, a me-me-me society where no respect for others is taught nor given, a lack of morals and ethics that’s prevalent and even celebrated, no sense of responsibility for oneself or others... those are the underlying causes which must be addressed.
The prog replies explains where the problem lays for the shootings.

Guns can't do anything without a human operator and dope is shown to be the main factor in the Dayton shooter and IMO all.

Shooters still living with mommy & daddy hiding in their bedrooms playing video games, millennials afraid to grow up and be adults.
They play video games around the world, they have mental illness around the world.
Just the mentally ill have the means to carry out mass shootings in the US, while they don't just about everywhere else around the world.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
They play video games around the world, they have mental illness around the world.
Just the mentally ill have the means to carry out mass shootings in the US, while they don't just about everywhere else around the world.
Tell that bs to the Mass Knife victims, why didn't you stay in Cambodia?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member

The El Paso and Ohio shooters both bought their guns legally.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Seems curbing amorality, and debased gaming, and other shitty social trends can only benefit.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I never sleep in my office and I don't give a damn who you replied to, if it's private use PM or STFU
.Sorry..I forgot your office looks like this...I suppose it is a little uncomfortable.