• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Maybe we could trick the illegals...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
We could rename America....Mexico...

then, when they got to the border, they'd be all like "What the f...still a long way to go..."

and then walk on through to ..Canada...

maybe.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Illegals coming here.

they are welcome too. simply get in line as those that follow law and process do. that way, they become legal immigrants, rather than persons who flout our laws by ignoring the process.

fairsheet

Senator
they are welcome too. simply get in line as those that follow law and process do. that way, they become legal immigrants, rather than persons who flout our laws by ignoring the process.
What's the "normal process" for a child whose only choice is to join a gang and end up dead, or to refuse to join, and end up dead?

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
What's the "normal process" for a child whose only choice is to join a gang and end up dead, or to refuse to join, and end up dead?
I was thinking basically the same.. desperation calls for desperate actions sometimes.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

so i frame your position correctly for myself.

Do I understand correctly that it is your position that we should assimilate any and all, without regard to the laws and processesses that govern this country, and protect it's citizens?

fairsheet

Senator
it is an unfortunate circumstance.

are we responsible for it all?
To clarify - unlike some of this forum's America-lasters, I'm not claiming that we are responsible for the problem itself. Although, I don't think we should wash our hands of that one completely, as "we" do fuel the drug cartels.

But, I do think we're responsible for the kids who've shown up on our "doorstep". Are we legally responsible for them? I don't know....but neither do I really care at this point. As I've noted elsewhere, I'll not be apologizing for, nor rectracting the fact of my assuming responsibility for these children.

fairsheet

Senator
so i frame your position correctly for myself.

Do I understand correctly that it is your position that we should assimilate any and all, without regard to the laws and processesses that govern this country, and protect it's citizens?
I'm gueesing I've responded to some iteration of that kneejerk, at least 2 dozen times already. Since I've never even hinted at anything to do with "any and all"*, I wouldn't know how to address it.

*Correction: I HAVE hinted at "any and all", but only as to these Central American children currently at our border.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
To clarify - unlike some of this forum's America-lasters, I'm not claiming that we are responsible for the problem itself. Although, I don't think we should wash our hands of that one completely, as "we" do fuel the drug cartels.

But, I do think we're responsible for the kids who've shown up on our "doorstep". Are we legally responsible for them? I don't know....but neither do I really care at this point. As I've noted elsewhere, I'll not be apologizing for, nor rectracting the fact of my assuming responsibility for these children.

I dont apologize either. but then, too, no one gets to assume for me, either. If we are going to asisst these children, we should do so according to the processes set forth. if that means they have to wait, and dont get carte blanche to simply walk in, so be it.

fairsheet

Senator
I dont apologize either. but then, too, no one gets to assume for me, either. If we are going to asisst these children, we should do so according to the processes set forth. if that means they have to wait, and dont get carte blanche to simply walk in, so be it.
Wait where? A Bush Era law essentially requires us to let them in. It's a good law. What else are we supposed to do? Should we stand on our side of the fence and shout at them to go through "the processess set forth"?

I've been surprised and saddened at the extent to which some Americans have been either unwilling or unable to seperate the issue of these specific children, from the much broader immigration issue as a whole.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Children are defenseless, putting ourselves in their shoes should make us understand better their pitiful plight @ this time regardless.
On the news yesterday, I watched a mother and son being reunited with her husband and his dad, after he had paid for them to come here. It was heartwarming to watch.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Wait where? A Bush Era law essentially requires us to let them in. It's a good law. What else are we supposed to do? Should we stand on our side of the fence and shout at them to go through "the processess set forth"?

I've been surprised and saddened at the extent to which some Americans have been either unwilling or unable to seperate the issue of these specific children, from the much broader immigration issue as a whole.
I feel for these children. Why dont their countries, or those that they pass through?

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Reminds one of the Clive Bundy bunch.. re: these self declared“patriots”.

As armed, self-declared “patriots” continue to flock to America’s southern border to attempt to prevent the influx of illegal immigrants, some members of these militias are reportedly preparing for a “military style operation.”

That’s according to journalists at KRGV-TV, who spoke this week with Chris Davis, the commander of the Secure Our Border Laredo Sector group.

Davis declined to be photographed by the network’s cameras, and refused to say how many members his militia has gained. Speaking to the station, however, he insisted his group has come to the United States’ border with Mexico to “assist law enforcement” as immigrants, mostly children, illegally enter the US in record numbers.

"We have patriots all across this country who are willing to sacrifice their time, their monies, even quit their jobs to come down and fight for freedom, liberty and national sovereignty,” Davis told the network.

"You see an illegal. You point your gun dead at him, right between his eyes, and you say, 'Get back across the border or you will be shot,'" Davis said in the clip, which has since been taken offline.

This week, he expressed a much different plan to KRGV. "We're not here to cause discontent or hate in any measure. We are going to treat the innocent immigrants with all due humanitarian respect," he said.

Furthermore, there’s a very real possibility that the armed civilians patrolling the border will make enemies with the drug cartels and other gangs who deal in illegal doings near the international boundary.
http://rt.com/usa/171880-militia-border-military-command/