• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Mayo Clinic cardiologist: 'Inexcusable' to ignore hydroxychloroquine side effects

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No one that I know of...……..

Kinda why I was making the point it should be up to the doctor of each individual.

But using that same, for lack of an actually more appropriate word, "logic";
"Who has EVER determined ANY drug to be safe for ALL people with ANY ailment?"
exactly... who has determined that Tylenol is safe for all persons with covid? or the zpack? or zinc? or other anti virals?

logic will come..

but in the meanwhile.. they have to bash.. cause trump.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
what? you do know that this drug already exists and is regulated... yes?
Of course. Where the benefits are said to outweigh the risk and side effects. For example, chemo has had success in treating cancer patients and is approved for directed use. But if a doctor prescribed this for a broken thumb, it would easily be malpractice. This is an extreme example, but makes my point. Just because a drug is approved for other uses, doesn't mean it's okay for everyone.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
exactly... who has determined that Tylenol is safe for all persons with covid? or the zpack? or zinc? or other anti virals?

logic will come..

Have you compared the side effects of each of those drugs next to the one that trump is prescribing?

I know it's a miracle drug and all....cause trump.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Of course. Where the benefits are said to outweigh the risk and side effects. For example, chemo has had success in treating cancer patients and is approved for directed use. But if a doctor prescribed this for a broken thumb, it would easily be malpractice. This is an extreme example, but makes my point. Just because a drug is approved for other uses, doesn't mean it's okay for everyone.
of course, but then how are other uses discovered? you guessed it.. off label use.. cause effect.. trial error..

see: finasteride.

good luck.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Have you compared the side effects of each of those drugs next to the one that trump is prescribing?

I know it's a miracle drug and all....cause trump.
nope, i didnt say that. your meme is fucked, so now you have to make shit up?

cause trump what?

so far all facts your way... made up shit from you my way... so sad.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
nope, i didnt say that. your meme fucked, so now you have to make shit up?

cause trump what?

so far all facts your way... made up shit from you my way... so sad.
I'm telling you the difference between giving patients this drug with heavy side effects compared to Tylenol. It's way off.

Cause trump, meaning nobody would care one way or another if it weren't that trump keeps pushing it.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan

logic will come..

Tylenol is a fever reducer that has been shown safe enough to sell over the counter since the 60s or 70s. Zpack is not anti-viral. Could be helpful with secondary bacterial infection but would have no effect on viral infections like the TrumpVirus. Zinc - another OTC remedy which may or may not help, don't take too much though. Other anti-virals? Maybe.

More study. If I had the TrumpVirus would I take hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine? I'd ask my doctor. Maybe it works maybe it wouldn't. If she said it wouldn't have bad side effects (some people are dying) and recommended it I'd take it in a minute. But I sure as fvck wouldn't be taking it without some indictaion that it wasn't likely to hurt me.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
that would have been cool. truth be told..seemed to goad..
Of course it was intended to goad. I love stirring up the righties and there's no better way than using their own words to do it.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I'm telling you the difference between giving patients this drug with heavy side effects compared to Tylenol. It's way off.

Cause trump, meaning nobody would care one way or another if it weren't that trump keeps pushing it.
But you're not being truthful. The side effects of hdq and Tylenol are both well known. And neither has heavy side effects...but rare..heavy side effects. Like many drugs on the market.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
what? you do know that this drug already exists and is regulated... yes?
Fauci doesn't think Trump should be touting it. Are you saying Trump is smarter than Fauci?? You do know, don't you, that this drug is needed for other ailments where they KNOW it works....now the price will go up to the point that people with Lupis, and other ailments will have to pay a huge price for it or go without. Makes one wonder if Trump has ties to this drug. Maybe you better google that instead of touting his BS.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Of course it was intended to goad. I love stirring up the righties and there's no better way than using their own words to do it.
Swell. And I like assailing people with facts...then watching them dissemble and lie and whine. Like this here thread

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
But you're not being truthful. The side effects of hdq and Tylenol are both well known. And neither has heavy side effects...but rare..heavy side effects. Like many drugs on the market.
I see, didn't know that. I've heard others in the medical field say that hdq has side effects that could cause problems for people with underlying conditions. I am no medical expert and couldn't honestly determine that either way.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Fauci doesn't think Trump should be touting it. Are you saying Trump is smarter than Fauci?? You do know, don't you, that this drug is needed for other ailments where they KNOW it works....now the price will go up to the point that people with Lupis, and other ailments will have to pay a huge price for it or go without. Makes one wonder if Trump has ties to this drug. Maybe you better google that instead of touting his BS.
I'm not touting. If you could read and follow along you would see I am touting what is standard pharmaceutical process

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I see, didn't know that. I've heard others in the medical field say that hdq has side effects that could cause problems for people with underlying conditions. I am no medical expert and couldn't honestly determine that either way.
Yes. That's true of many meds. Don't know until you try it.

Yes. That's true of many meds. Don't know until you try it.
After extensive double blinded clinical trials per each indication, yeah. Clearly you, like Don, have never worked in drug development research. I think you should go ahead and follow Don's every hunch. Don is right about one thing; I have nothing to lose by your following and swallowing.