• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Meanwhile, these disgusting pigs

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Senate Republicans narrowed the scope of the FBI investigation when new allegations of sexual misconduct against Brett "look at my penis" Kavanaugh surfaced.
A time limit was imposed and they were told exactly who could be interviewed and no more. FBI agents were hamstrung and the nation wasn't served.
So the disgusting pigs are the senate republicans, thank you very much.

D

Deleted member 21794

Senate Republicans narrowed the scope of the FBI investigation when new allegations of sexual misconduct against Brett "look at my penis" Kavanaugh surfaced.
A time limit was imposed and they were told exactly who could be interviewed and no more. FBI agents were hamstrung and the nation wasn't served.
I read something about "disgusting pigs" and there your name was to the right. Coincidence?

What a shame your constant dishonesty rears its ugly head again, chanting a phrase that has been debunked.

That is also a lie. They did no such thing. There are wise reporters on the left calling out the Times for printing this scurrilous lie.
Every time you repeat ones of these lies, you hurt the Democrats and reinforce the determination of the Republicans to defeat such evil lies and the Democrats. Is that what you want?

Barbella

Senator
That is also a lie. They did no such thing. There are wise reporters on the left calling out the Times for printing this scurrilous lie.
Every time you repeat ones of these lies, you hurt the Democrats and reinforce the determination of the Republicans to defeat such evil lies and the Democrats. Is that what you want?
That’s not what she wants, but that’s what she’ll get.

Caroljo

Senator
You shouldn't have told her that!!!!! We don't want them knowing what they're doing, it's more fun that way! Lol!

EatTheRich

President
Not only that, we are now told that the FBI was secretly told not to talk to any of the 60 people on the list of people they were allowed to talk to.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Not only that, we are now told that the FBI was secretly told not to talk to any of the 60 people on the list of people they were allowed to talk to.
"at the time that Coons reported Stier’s allegation to the FBI director, the White House and Senate Republican leaders had directed the bureau to reopen Kavanaugh’s background check. They acted under pressure from three undecided Republican senators who wanted an investigation of the allegations made by Ford and Ramirez.

The Judiciary Committee’s Republican majority gave the FBI a week and said agents could interview four people. The list was later expanded to 10 people at the insistence of the swing-vote senators."

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-09-16/fbi-investigation-brett-kavanaugh-confirmation

Zam-Zam

Senator
can’t seem to stop rooting around in the slime and mud:

The Democrats running for president who quickly called for Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s impeachment over the weekend aren’t backing down – despite The New York Times issuing a major revision to its blockbuster story that ignited the demands in the first place.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2020-dems-kavanaugh-impeachment-calls-despite-revision

For the most part, those candidates are not even acknowledging the story update.
They're just posturing for votes....The Kavanaugh impeachment notion isn't going anywhere, and they know it. They just hope their supporters don't.

Just my two cents.

Zam-Zam

Senator
They're just posturing for votes....The Kavanaugh impeachment notion isn't going anywhere, and they know it. They just hope their supporters don't.

Just my two cents.

Update: The Washington Post saw fit to print the following opinion piece:

Opinions | The New York Times’s travesty of journalistic ethics

The recent fiasco at the New York Times, which last weekend published the latest uncorroborated sexual assault accusation against Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh, was a monument to hearsay and a travesty of journalistic ethics.

The story, since modified to include crucial information, was an adapted excerpt from a book, “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh,” written by two Times staff writers, Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly. In it, the authors reported allegations by a Yale classmate that Kavanaugh was at a “drunken dorm party” where “friends pushed his penis into the hand of a female student.”

Setting aside the logistics of such a feat, more eye-popping was the omission from the original Times piece that the alleged victim refused to be interviewed for the book — and, according to friends, doesn’t remember any such incident .

Such an oversight is inexcusable.

Complete text: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/opinions-the-new-york-timess-travesty-of-journalistic-ethics/ar-AAHrKnQ

D

Deleted member 21794

Just my two cents.
I like Rush's take on this from yesterday. DemocRATS are letting future nominees know their life will be hell if they answer the call. And getting confirmed won't be the end of it. They'll be bitter clingers to the end.

In light of Ruthy's health problems becoming more serious, this makes even more sense.

D

Deleted member 21794

Update: The Washington Post saw fit to print the following opinion piece:

Opinions | The New York Times’s travesty of journalistic ethics

The recent fiasco at the New York Times, which last weekend published the latest uncorroborated sexual assault accusation against Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh, was a monument to hearsay and a travesty of journalistic ethics.

The story, since modified to include crucial information, was an adapted excerpt from a book, “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh,” written by two Times staff writers, Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly. In it, the authors reported allegations by a Yale classmate that Kavanaugh was at a “drunken dorm party” where “friends pushed his penis into the hand of a female student.”

Setting aside the logistics of such a feat, more eye-popping was the omission from the original Times piece that the alleged victim refused to be interviewed for the book — and, according to friends, doesn’t remember any such incident .

Such an oversight is inexcusable.

Complete text: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/opinions-the-new-york-timess-travesty-of-journalistic-ethics/ar-AAHrKnQ
Given these facts, I think one could make the case for malicious intent, the standard needed for a public figure to go for a defamation suit. BUT... I don't see a SCOTUS justice doing so. The NY Slimes should be grateful for that.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Given these facts, I think one could make the case for malicious intent, the standard needed for a public figure to go for a defamation suit. BUT... I don't see a SCOTUS justice doing so. The NY Slimes should be grateful for that.
This appears to have been a humiliating fiasco for the Times, but they'll likely shrug it off as if it had never happened. In the meantime, they sold a few papers to their dwindling readership.....

The Slimes is taking advantage of that.

And they have given the Trump campaign plenty of fodder for future campaign ads. Just another one of those unintended consequences the allegedly smarter left never thinks of.