1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

Media double standard

Discussion in 'Latest Political News and Current Events' started by reason10, Aug 13, 2019.

1. YouCantHandleDaTruth

YouCantHandleDaTruth Mayor

... and irrelevant

there, fixed it for ya

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. middleview

middleview President Supporting Member

check Obama's approval rating vs Trump...most people believe Trump is awful and miss Obama.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Jen

Jen meh

Everyone knows this is true.
    Lefty will spin it............in his own always lame way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. reason10

reason10 Mayor

Like it worked so well in the Hillary landslide defeat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. EatTheRich

EatTheRich President

What a cynical lie.

• Disagree x 1
  6. reason10

reason10 Mayor

Now for the truth.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/baracks-ice-chief-cages-were-obamas-idea
    Barack’s ICE chief: Cages were Obama’s idea
    Former President Barack Obama’s top immigration chief in charge of removing illegal immigrants said that the “cages” Democrats have accused President Trump of housing children in were the brainchild of the Obama administration.

“I’ve been to that facility, where they talk about cages. That facility was built under President Obama under (Homeland Security) Secretary Jeh Johnson. I was there because I was there when it was built,” said Thomas Homan, who was Obama’s executive associate director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement for nearly four years.

Homan, at the conference hosted by the Center for Immigration Studies, said, “I would answer the question, ‘The kids are being house in the same facility built under the Obama administration.’ If you want to call them cages, call them cages. But if the left wants to call them cages and the Democrats want to call them cages then they have to accept the fact that they were built and funded in FY 2015.”

He said that the Border Patrol facilities where all illegals are initially kept “were not built to take care of children.” In fact, the recent surge of younger illegal immigrants is a new trend.

He said that there are no cages but chain-link fencing that separates kids from adults, done for safety. “It’s chain link dividers that keeps children separate from unrelated adults. It’s about protecting children,” he said.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/how-we-ended-up-with-kids-in-cages/

How We Ended Up With Kids in Cages

Bill Clinton’s 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act set new records for immigrants detained. Next up was George W. Bush’s 2005 Operation Streamline, a zero-tolerance plan to prosecute all illegal entrants. But to avoid the logistics and negative optics, the program made exceptions not written into the law for adults traveling with children. Nature finds a way, and more and more economic migrants arrived with somebody’s child in hand as a Get Out of Jail Free card. Fewer kids in cages, but more illegals.

Obama initially prosecuted only those found illegally entering more than once. Caught off guard by an influx of asylum seekers from Central America, his administration in 2014 established then-legally permitted family detention centers to hold parents and children—potentially indefinitely—in cages as a means of deterring others. And if kids arrived without their parents or in the hands of human traffickers or if their parents were criminally dangerous, they were held alone in cages. The program ended only because of a 2016 court decision ordering the release of most of those hostage families and largely prohibiting family detention facilities. Adult men, women, and children would be caged separately in the future.

Truth is always a defense to fcking bullshitt and lies.

You now have the truth, bee itch.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. reason10

reason10 Mayor

Truth is always a defense to bullshit. The cage thing was OBAMA's.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/48913/barack-obamas-ice-chief-dont-blame-trump-cages-hank-berrien

Barack Obama's ICE Chief: Don't Blame Trump, ‘Cages’ For Illegals Were Built By Obama Administration

Thomas Homan, Obama’s executive associate director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement between May 2013 and January 2017, was responsible for “promoting public safety and national security by maintaining direct oversight of critical ICE programs and operations to identify, locate, arrest, detain and remove illegal aliens from the United States,” according to his LinkedIn profile. Since January 2017, he has served as Acting Director for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

He stated on Wednesday, “I’ve been to that facility, where they talk about cages. That facility was built under President Obama under (Homeland Security) Secretary Jeh Johnson. I was there because I was there when it was built,” according to The Washington Examiner.

Once again, you have been proven both wrong and stupid.

• Disagree x 1
  8. EatTheRich

EatTheRich President

A s the family separation policy was Trump’s.

• Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Dawg

Dawg President Supporting Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. EatTheRich

EatTheRich President

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nutty Cortez

Nutty Cortez Woot Woot !!!!!!

Approval polls ? LOL

Ah, my aging base of old hippies still believes in those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dawg

Dawg President Supporting Member

So you voted for Song Bird?

13. EatTheRich

EatTheRich President

I voted for Roger Calero in 2008 and James Harris in 2012.

14. YouCantHandleDaTruth

YouCantHandleDaTruth Mayor

None of the crap you posted had anything to do with a no exception policy of systematically kidnapping children from their parents.

15. Mr. Friscus

Mr. Friscus I think, therefore, I poop

But it’s clearly disingenuous and false outrage, since nobody on the left cared when Obama did it. That’s the point. If something is immoral, it is no matter who does it. Leftists want to brand trump but not Obama, that’s just silly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Mr. Friscus

Mr. Friscus I think, therefore, I poop

Gosh, too bad Joseph Stalin wasn’t on the ticket. He’d be your dream candidate, as far as being lockstep on a platform.

• Disagree x 1
  17. reason10

reason10 Mayor

Nope. IT IS THE FCKING LAW. IT HAS BEEN THE FCKING LAW FOR A LONG TIME.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  18. reason10

reason10 Mayor

He was a communist. He belittled America abroad. I'm surprised you didn't wish to give him a blow job. He was EVERYTHING you ever wanted in a president.

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. EatTheRich

EatTheRich President

Nonsense. My party was founded by opponents of Stalin’s anti communist course.

20. EatTheRich

EatTheRich President