• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Meet me in st louie!~ join the parade for our troops

BRU

Mayor

St. Louis to host first big parade marking end of Iraq War

ST. LOUIS (AP) – Since the Iraq War ended there has been little fanfare for the American veterans returning home. No ticker-tape parades. No massive, flag-waving public celebrations.

So, two friends from St. Louis decided to change that. They sought donations, launched a Facebook page, met with the mayor and mapped a route. On Saturday, hundreds of veterans are expected to march in downtown St. Louis in America's first big welcome home parade since the last U.S. troops left Iraq in December.

"It struck me that there was this debate going on as to whether there should or shouldn't be a parade," said Tom Appelbaum, one of the organizers. "Instead of waiting around for somebody somewhere to say, 'Yes, let's have a parade,' we said, 'Let's just do it.'"

http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/story/2012-01-27/st-louis-iraq-war-parade/52826358/1

BRU

Mayor
The parade was awesome, thousands of people turned out. It was pretty emotional. I think our troops were moved at the support they were getting yesterday.

ai849.photobucket.com_albums_ab52_rawks40_Parade.jpg

P

PACE

Good for St Louie Bru!, whose buying those troops some of that BBQ? if you guys need a donation, just ask!!!!!

Enjoy that day Bru, and say Thanks from the Bloody Yankee Liberal scum up North!!!!!!!!

:)

Regards
Pace

P

PACE

Jeez!, sorry, I mis-read the date! Great looking bunch of guys, glad you enjoyed the day!

Okay, gotta admit, when I think of St Louis, what comes to mind? Bugs Bunny!

"So long Screwie, see ya in St Louie!"

Sheesh, can I grow up someday?

:)

Regards
Pace

BRU

Mayor
As a sidebar, I just saw this......

No NYC parade for Iraq War vets

NEW YORK (AP) -- New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says there will be no city parade for Iraq War veterans in the foreseeable future because of objections voiced by military officials.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_IRAQ_WAR_NO_PARADE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-01-27-18-22-03

sheese it was about welcoming the troops home. Inappropriate at this time? Sorry thousands of people disagreed yesterday.

P

PACE

No reason given by military officials, I wonder what that is all about?

Regards
Pace