• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

#MeToo's Next Frontier: The Schools

No, I am not talking about teacher on student abuse, or teacher on teacher abuse. Next up we have students harassing teachers. Teachers shouldn't have to put up with it. But the whole point of schools is to educate students, so I guess my question my question would be how and when do start teaching about inappropriate sexual behavior?

“It’s time my story is told,” Rieder said during the public comment portion of the Feb. 6 Tamalpais Union High School District board of trustees’ meeting at Redwood High School in Larkspur. “It’s time I say #MeToo.” [...] Most of the actual words or details were “so graphic that they are unfit for this public audience, but I can provide them if needed,” she told the board members.

“I have been slandered by a student spreading a rumor that I made a drunken sexual advance to him at a party,” she said, reading from a prepared statement. “I have been touched more than once by a student who also argues it’s OK to describe his masturbatory habits in the classroom.”

“I received profane phone calls and emails to my work and personal addresses,” she said. “Some were identified as coming from the school IP (computer network) address during school hours.”

https://splinternews.com/california-high-school-teacher-alleges-years-of-sexual-1822950572

Dino

Russian Asset
No, I am not talking about teacher on student abuse, or teacher on teacher abuse. Next up we have students harassing teachers. Teachers shouldn't have to put up with it. But the whole point of schools is to educate students, so I guess my question my question would be how and when do start teaching about inappropriate sexual behavior?

“It’s time my story is told,” Rieder said during the public comment portion of the Feb. 6 Tamalpais Union High School District board of trustees’ meeting at Redwood High School in Larkspur. “It’s time I say #MeToo.” [...] Most of the actual words or details were “so graphic that they are unfit for this public audience, but I can provide them if needed,” she told the board members.

“I have been slandered by a student spreading a rumor that I made a drunken sexual advance to him at a party,” she said, reading from a prepared statement. “I have been touched more than once by a student who also argues it’s OK to describe his masturbatory habits in the classroom.”

“I received profane phone calls and emails to my work and personal addresses,” she said. “Some were identified as coming from the school IP (computer network) address during school hours.”

https://splinternews.com/california-high-school-teacher-alleges-years-of-sexual-1822950572
Yeah huh, complete lack of discipline in our classrooms? Wow, tough one.
Is it tough for you to figure out between conservatives and liberals as to who to blame?
A real toughie.

freyasman

Senator
My first inclination is to blame the parents, but if they were good parents, their kids wouldn't be in public school, would they?:cool:

connieb

Senator
If you can't handle a bunch of kids, you are probably in the wrong line of work.
The reality is they need to bring back actual punishments in school. I don't mean necessarily corporate punishments. But, when a kid mouths off to the teacher - they should be suspended. The parents should have to be involved. And if it happens one or two more times - off to alternative school for you. We need to take the bad apples - out of the classroom. They do indeed spread their mold to the rest of their bunch.

freyasman

Senator
The reality is they need to bring back actual punishments in school. I don't mean necessarily corporate punishments. But, when a kid mouths off to the teacher - they should be suspended. The parents should have to be involved. And if it happens one or two more times - off to alternative school for you. We need to take the bad apples - out of the classroom. They do indeed spread their mold to the rest of their bunch.
I agree.
Just remember that some of the "bad apples" are the teachers.

It's a tough job. If they're a bunch of pussies, it's even tougher. Nobody drafted them, they can quit anytime.
Teachers are the victims here. They shouldn't be forced to quit because students are harassing them. This definitely sends the wrong message to the harassing kids, who will grow up to think harassing women has zero consequences.

Dino

Russian Asset
Teachers are the victims here. They shouldn't be forced to quit because students are harassing them. This definitely sends the wrong message to the harassing kids, who will grow up to think harassing women has zero consequences.
It’s funny when liberals make realizations about how real life works.
It’s kinda like when a dog realizes it can reach its own genitals.

freyasman

Senator
The message we used to send kids like this, was one of the coaches going upside their heads. Or even one of the other students, whose parents had raised them with some sense of decorum, would stop that shit.

And sometimes, the teachers were the ones tormenting the kids, and claiming the student was the bad one and the cause of all the conflict. And who believes the kid over the teacher?
(Sure wish I'd had a video camera on my phone 35-40 years ago, I could have made some great videos of what it's like to be beaten and locked in a closet.:cool:)