• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Micky Mouse And Rob Rob Among 11,000 *Scientists* Who Signed Dire Climate Change Warning!

EatTheRich

President
Yeah, sometimes the Earth changes at different rates. This is nothing new.
No, what makes this unique is that it is happening while human civilization exists, and it was forecast in precise detail based on the physical theory whereby greenhouse gas combustion would lead to it.

D

Deleted member 21794

No, what makes this unique is that it is happening while human civilization exists, and it was forecast in precise detail based on the physical theory whereby greenhouse gas combustion would lead to it.
Nonsense. Nothing was forecast in precise detail. Even if it was, it's an easy bet. Here, I'll play the game: I predict temperatures will keep rising. Safe bet, given history:

D

Deleted member 21794

PS: Earth doesn't give a sh1t about human civilization.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The data are “adjusted” to remove known sources of bias. The net effect of adjustments is to reduce the apparent warming. Many of your “failed predictions” are about things that may or may not happen in the future ... revealing the intellectual honesty of the folks who compiled the list. The rest is an extremely cherry-picked list of a handful of things of marginal importance that the scientists got wrong, alongside their thousand times as many accurate forecasts. The issue is not that “many people believe” that humans are the cause. The issue is that those most intimately familiar with all the evidence have overwhelmingly come to the conclusion that humans are the cause.
The "bias" the data is "adjusted" to avoid is, well, the truth. The oldest "adjustments" reduced past temps to make the current warming appear more dire:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/403256/global-warming-bombshell/

More recent "adjustments" we used to obfuscate the "plateau:"

https://www.climatecentral.org/news/temperature-plateau-is-likely-due-to-warming-of-deep-oceans-16280

A fake narrative that suggests "cherry picking" is about all you guys have left. In fact, the "cherry picking" is all on you r side.

EatTheRich

President
Nonsense. Nothing was forecast in precise detail. Even if it was, it's an easy bet. Here, I'll play the game: I predict temperatures will keep rising. Safe bet, given history:

From the rest of this chart alone it would have been difficult to predict that the slope would have become so much steeper over the last 50 years covered by it.

EatTheRich

President
The "bias" the data is "adjusted" to avoid is, well, the truth. The oldest "adjustments" reduced past temps to make the current warming appear more dire:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/403256/global-warming-bombshell/

More recent "adjustments" we used to obfuscate the "plateau:"

https://www.climatecentral.org/news/temperature-plateau-is-likely-due-to-warming-of-deep-oceans-16280

A fake narrative that suggests "cherry picking" is about all you guys have left. In fact, the "cherry picking" is all on you r side.
Mann et al. corrected their data after McIntyre & McKittrick pointed out their error, and when they applied PCA correctly the hockey stick shape still popped out. Their criticism, btw, had nothing to do with data adjustments. Also, dozens of climate reconstructions have been done independently using a variety of proxies, and every one has produced the same hockey stick shape ... even those produced by those who explicitly approached it as global warming deniers and looked to produce a different shape. Nothing about the so-called plateau was “obfuscated.” On the contrary, it was openly discussed and investigated by the same scientists whose research made the rest of us aware of it.

D

Deleted member 21794

From the rest of this chart alone it would have been difficult to predict that the slope would have become so much steeper over the last 50 years covered by it.
That applies to the other temperature spikes as well, correct?

D

Deleted member 21794

Your chart only goes back 800,000 years. There has not been this steep a global average temperature rise in as short a time in that 800,000 years.
False. The spine before this one clearly had a steeper increase.

EatTheRich

President
False. The spine before this one clearly had a steeper increase.
No. You are looking at the long, gradual increase over the past several thousand years as the “current spike.” But in fact if you were to plot it so the current spike (which is at the very tail of the part you’re looking at and has a much higher slope) could be visible, you would have to stretch out the whole chart so that what you thought was “the current spike” looked pretty much flat.

Mick

The Right is always right
Your chart only goes back 800,000 years. There has not been this steep a global average temperature rise in as short a time in that 800,000 years.
Good lord, you're a disgraceful liar. At the end of the younger dryas event temperatures rose as much as 10 degrees celsius in a single decade:

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/abrupt-climate-change/The Younger Dryas

The fractions of a degree change we've seen in the last 100 years is almost a microscopic change compared to the rapid changes the Earth has seen in the past.

D

Deleted member 21794

Mann et al. corrected their data after McIntyre & McKittrick pointed out their error, and when they applied PCA correctly the hockey stick shape still popped out. Their criticism, btw, had nothing to do with data adjustments. Also, dozens of climate reconstructions have been done independently using a variety of proxies, and every one has produced the same hockey stick shape ... even those produced by those who explicitly approached it as global warming deniers and looked to produce a different shape. Nothing about the so-called plateau was “obfuscated.” On the contrary, it was openly discussed and investigated by the same scientists whose research made the rest of us aware of it.
"Error" insinuates it wasn't intentional.

D

Deleted member 21794

No. You are looking at the long, gradual increase over the past several thousand years as the “current spike.” But in fact if you were to plot it so the current spike (which is at the very tail of the part you’re looking at and has a much higher slope) could be visible, you would have to stretch out the whole chart so that what you thought was “the current spike” looked pretty much flat.
OK, then plot the whole 800,000 years so we can compare.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Well, there are those that choose to worship at the alter of big oil/ Trump and there are those that don't. I am glad Mickey is on the side of the non-worshippers - he has a lot of pull with the younger demographics.

I guess the right wing has never heard, that when you are getting signatures for a petition/ survey to always get 10% more than needed to cover such people like those above. I mean I thought that was a pretty standard assumption made by petitioners. I guess the RIGHT WING petitioners must not do that as EVERY SIGNATURE is a BONAFIDE AMURICUN' CITIZEN. LMAO at how this made a top post but we do need to deflect from Trump don't we.

So let's say 10,900 real scientists that did sign are now fake also? Trump Facts at work ladies and gentlemen
You must drive one of those new-fangled Liberal vehicles that runs on bullshit.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I hope climate change deniers have lots of grand children.
I do too, so they'll outnumber the grandchildren of the morons who bought into the hoax. Undoubtedly, in the coming years, the insanity of man made climate change will be taught in schools as one of the great scams of the modern age, along the lines of the Bernie Madoff pyramid scheme, and the Entron scandle.

EatTheRich

President
Good lord, you're a disgraceful liar. At the end of the younger dryas event temperatures rose as much as 10 degrees celsius in a single decade:

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/abrupt-climate-change/The Younger Dryas

The fractions of a degree change we've seen in the last 100 years is almost a microscopic change compared to the rapid changes the Earth has seen in the past.
Rose as much as 10 degrees in Greenland is not at all the same as a change of that degree globally. Local warming in the Arctic over the past decade has exceeded that.