• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Millennial doom...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
To be fair, a million ain't all that much anymore.....
Was busy when I saw this yesterday and didn't have time to comment. Your comment was true and is some scary shiite too. There are lots of people approaching retirement age with far less than that in savings and not much in the way of income. A buttload of millennials are gonna end up in the same boat. There is a retirement crisis coming.

EatTheRich

President
This does always amaze me. People look at others who meticously plan, save and organize their life towards a goal as if they are the elusive unicorn.

Really, life is generally not that hard if you just have your shit together, make good choices and do what you have to do to prepare for the future. Tough to do that though when you think having the latest tech and a daily starbucks habit is "normal" life.
"Life isn't hard for me, therefore I can't imagine why it would be hard for anyone" says the woman who was the only child in her class with a PC.

EatTheRich

President
Reality suggests that most will obtain jobs, with their liberal arts degrees that have them mastering the phrase: Do you want fries with that? while they compete for the assistance manager's position.
Indeed, it is absolutely unrealistic to think that more than a small percentage of people under capitalism can become rich no matter how educated they become, how hard they work, or what they invent. The system doesn't and can't work that way.

SouthernBoyI

SouthernBoy
Indeed, it is absolutely unrealistic to think that more than a small percentage of people under capitalism can become rich no matter how educated they become, how hard they work, or what they invent. The system doesn't and can't work that way.
Translation...
I’m lazy as fuk and need an excuse to lay around eating sandwiches in my parents basement.

SB

connieb

Senator
"Life isn't hard for me, therefore I can't imagine why it would be hard for anyone" says the woman who was the only child in her class with a PC.
Yeah boy out of 25 kids before Windows and the internet that was some sort of big deal. Lol.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Primarily because they waste four years getting useless degrees that they don't need.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
But one can educate oneself, try hard, work hard, not feel burdened to invent something and live out a good, productive and meaningful life. Rather than sit about indolent and jealous, or worse still..a burden.

EatTheRich

President
Yeah boy out of 25 kids before Windows and the internet that was some sort of big deal. Lol.
Ha ha ... now you're whining that the computer you got as a kid (when other kids couldn't afford them and the advantages they conferred) wasn't good enough.