• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Millennials sure killing off some Big Companies

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting list. Don't see how them going out of business/production can be laid at Millennials' feet. I question their reasoning too. Look at #1,Diet Pepsi.

"While diet sodas first came onto the market in response to worries about sugary sodas, today there’s concern about the potential harms of ingesting artificial sweeteners and aspartame.

Instead of Diet Pepsi, millennials prefer healthier drinks like sparkling water."

Millennials prefer energy drinks that are loaded with artificial sweeteners,aspartame,other chemical ingredients and twice the caffeine and come in 16 and 24oz cans.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Besides,the spending and purchasing habits of every generation causes some brands to go out of demand/production. I remember being pissed when the Bugle Boy clothing company went out of business. Their shirts were so well made. They lasted from 1977-2001.

Phat Mama

Council Member
Kenmore appliances too. No more trips to the Sears Scratch-and-Dent Warehouse to buy Kenmore washers and dryers that last forever.
Tell me about it!

I have two Sears canister vacs that I have to drive 50 miles to get bags for. I haven't checked if I can order them online yet.

My washer is a Kenmore and I hear its death rattle.............

Oh and my smoke detectors .......... Sears, have to replace two with the same kind or replace ALL the detectors in the house.

I'm crossing my fingers that Best Buy will carry some of the things I need.

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Interesting list. Don't see how them going out of business/production can be laid at Millennials' feet. I question their reasoning too. Look at #1,Diet Pepsi.

"While diet sodas first came onto the market in response to worries about sugary sodas, today there’s concern about the potential harms of ingesting artificial sweeteners and aspartame.

Instead of Diet Pepsi, millennials prefer healthier drinks like sparkling water."

Millennials prefer energy drinks that are loaded with artificial sweeteners,aspartame,other chemical ingredients and twice the caffeine and come in 16 and 24oz cans.
Did ya mean 'don't like' in last sentence

Evidently with baby Boomers dying off, millennials are not into what we ol' farts were into...………..oh well, if they think they can outlive all the late 80's and 90's I see, go for it.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/these-are-the-foods-that-might-die-with-baby-boomers.html/

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Does anyone really eat the little Vienna Sausages anymore? I had them once and only once, seriously bad!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Does anyone really eat the little Vienna Sausages anymore? I had them once and only once, seriously bad!
ever once in awhile………..vinegar/crackers and sometimes pigs-in-a-blanket

Dads going on 94 and probably ate a semi-truck load

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
If they're killing Diet Pepsi it's because they're buying energy drinks instead,not sparkling water.
Oh, understand now and I read those energy drinks have 'bull sperm' in them, have you read that?

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
What gets me most is that iPods and Twitter, according to the article, are already on their way out.
Time marches on. Sometimes very quickly.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
What gets me most is that iPods and Twitter, according to the article, are already on their way out.
Time marches on. Sometimes very quickly.
I've never used Twitter nor had an iPod. Never had a pager or MP3 player either. Marched right past me. :D