• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Minnesota Police officer shoots unarmed woman

EatTheRich

President
I think this is another case of jumpy illtrained and inexperienced police meeting a citizen who did not understand that. Cops have been recently purposely lured to scenes of calls and killed or killed when they show up for a call. So approaching one when they are unaware is prob not a safe idea. I am sure in this cops mind he was thinking of that poor woman cop in ny just shot in her car.

However he was reckless and honestly not of the personal constitution to be a cop. Like many of these young untrained officers or those who are too weak and jumpy I don't think he should face any criminal charges. It's not their fault that the screening and training they go through is hopelessly inadequate. They go into work fearing for their safety asa result of their inexperience, their inferior size and skill so they are permanently in a fight or flight response and they fight when they legitimately but unnecessarily fear for their lives. And that will only get worse as we continue to prosecute them for honest although tragic mistakes.

He should find another line of work and the city should pay a fat settlement.
I think this is a case of police doing what they are trained to do ... treat citizens like rabid dogs.

connieb

Senator
I think this is a case of police doing what they are trained to do ... treat citizens like rabid dogs.
They are certainly trained to treat citizens - all citizens as threats to their safety. You never know when some loon will be acting like a victim then try to kill you. So yes, as an abundance of caution for their own safety that is how they act.

However, even with that, there is training and confidence that could help reduce the over-reacting. It is ridiculous that a cop is treated as fully trained after 6 months in the academy and a 6 months riding along.. versus plumbers and electricians who have 3 year apprenticeships before they can even try to get their licenses. Hell, accountants have to work for 2 years before they can even apply for theirs. So, certainly the ball is being dropped in their training and recruitment.

D

Deleted member 21794

They are certainly trained to treat citizens - all citizens as threats to their safety. You never know when some loon will be acting like a victim then try to kill you. So yes, as an abundance of caution for their own safety that is how they act.

However, even with that, there is training and confidence that could help reduce the over-reacting. It is ridiculous that a cop is treated as fully trained after 6 months in the academy and a 6 months riding along.. versus plumbers and electricians who have 3 year apprenticeships before they can even try to get their licenses. Hell, accountants have to work for 2 years before they can even apply for theirs. So, certainly the ball is being dropped in their training and recruitment.
I wonder how further the ball was dropped in this specific instance in the course of pursuing *diversity* on the police department in question. I hear it's getting pretty bad. A reliable, anonymous source has sent me this picture of latest recruiting event in MN...

Dino

Russian Asset
Whose training teaches that...specifically?

Or you can choose to admit you don't know what the hell you're babbling about?

afella

Mayor
OK folks let's allow the investigation process to take it course before we start bashing the police.
Here's what is known
Justine Damond had called the cops for help on Saturday night
It was dark and the Police officer in question was on the passenger side.
What did he see was her actions a threat? Did she have something that looked like a weapon in her hand?
Another US citizen slaughter in our streets. What else is new? No one cares, no one will care. It doesn't affect our lives in any way shape or form, until it happens to us. It can happen to us, easily just look what happened to her.

Now to the root of the problem. We have LEO in place to had out the law on the streets of our nation. Law is the key word in that sentence. How many laws are there on the books today? 45,000+ federal laws, then theres state, county, and city or township. Most of these laws do nothing but restrict our freedoms as citizens in this country. These laws are brought to us by the welfare liberals, you know the type the whiney do good safe space "snowflakes" (as the right likes to call them. Then there are the other laws brought to us by the "moral majority" right, you know the type. The type that says god says they should live like this so you should too, regardless of what they do in their own lives.

So what do we have? A steaming pot of nonsensical laws that do nothing to protect society, and if they do protect society it is in such a slim margin that there is no way that the law can actually make sense when you figure in freedom. That's your problem right there.

So what do we do, we hire officers to enforce these laws. By enforcing the laws they are forced to interact, and often in a negative way, to the citizens in our country. These negative confrontations, over marginally useful laws, create a bad opinion of LEO and of citizens from the LEO perspective. That, in turn, puts each party on edge.

None of the cases over the last few years have had much of anything to do with anything other than these interactions. Theres no influence of race, color or creed in most of these cases, perhaps not all but most.

That's why shes dead. It has nothing to do with what she did or what he did, though I would argue in most of these cases the officer jumped he gun and pulled the trigger when he should have obviously not. Quite frankly, even if you're a little scaredy cat, it's not hard not to kill someone. It's actually quite simple really.

So what's the solution? There isn't any until we value our freedoms over our so called security, which as it happens just isn't resounding across our nation.

On to the final solution. There needs to be a change in the prosecution of officers. The excuse of, "Ohh my sir I was a feared for my life." Simply can't cut it anymore. There has to be verifiable proof, their profession can't be taken into account. They should be held to the same standards as a person who has a conceal and carry, or permit to carry.

Spamature

President
Another US citizen slaughter in our streets. What else is new? No one cares, no one will care. It doesn't affect our lives in any way shape or form, until it happens to us. It can happen to us, easily just look what happened to her.

On to the final solution. There needs to be a change in the prosecution of officers. The excuse of, "Ohh my sir I was a feared for my life." Simply can't cut it anymore. There has to be verifiable proof, their profession can't be taken into account. They should be held to the same standards as a person who has a conceal and carry, or permit to carry.
That is exactly what BLM says.

EatTheRich

President
Whose training teaches that...specifically?

Or you can choose to admit you don't know what the hell you're babbling about?
NYPD ... according to defense evidence in the trial of the police who killed Amadou Diallo ... a key part of their defense was that they were given training videos in which there were no innocent people.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!

Now to the root of the problem. We have LEO in place to had out the law on the streets of our nation. Law is the key word in that sentence. How many laws are there on the books today? 45,000+ federal laws, then theres state, county, and city or township. Most of these laws do nothing but restrict our freedoms as citizens in this country. These laws are brought to us by the welfare liberals, you know the type the whiney do good safe space "snowflakes" (as the right likes to call them. Then there are the other laws brought to us by the "moral majority" right, you know the type. The type that says god says they should live like this so you should too, regardless of what they do in their own lives.

So what do we have? A steaming pot of nonsensical laws that do nothing to protect society, and if they do protect society it is in such a slim margin that there is no way that the law can actually make sense when you figure in freedom. That's your problem right there.

So what do we do, we hire officers to enforce these laws. By enforcing the laws they are forced to interact, and often in a negative way, to the citizens in our country. These negative confrontations, over marginally useful laws, create a bad opinion of LEO and of citizens from the LEO perspective. That, in turn, puts each party on edge.

None of the cases over the last few years have had much of anything to do with anything other than these interactions. Theres no influence of race, color or creed in most of these cases, perhaps not all but most.

That's why shes dead. It has nothing to do with what she did or what he did, though I would argue in most of these cases the officer jumped he gun and pulled the trigger when he should have obviously not. Quite frankly, even if you're a little scaredy cat, it's not hard not to kill someone. It's actually quite simple really.

So what's the solution? There isn't any until we value our freedoms over our so called security, which as it happens just isn't resounding across our nation.

Or you could just say the liberal agenda is dangerous. A person who had only been in this country for 2 years why was he given a badge? To prove a point that obama's refugee program would work?

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!

Yes, police officers are trained to treat each public interaction with caution. You must remember there is at least one gun already involved in the interaction.
Most domestic calls are the most dangerous call to take for a police officer. I've had the wife turn on me after she called the police department for help because her husband beat her up. When she saw her husband being handcuffed she would fight to not allow that to happen. So we would get a two for one deal lol

Dino

Russian Asset
NYPD ... according to defense evidence in the trial of the police who killed Amadou Diallo ... a key part of their defense was that they were given training videos in which there were no innocent people.
Not what you said.
You said "treat people like rabid dogs"... meaning put them down? Shoot them?

The crap you spout, the anti-police hatred you ooze, is backed literally by nothing.

The training is not all-shoot scenarios....

http://animalnewyork.com/2015/i-used-an-nypd-firearms-training-simulator-and-learned-i-should-be-a-cop/

And NYPD's "police violence" is a myth, As much now as it was when Diallo was shot.

Today’s NYPD also looks restrained compared with the cops in other cities. Last year, New York’s fatal police shooting rate was 0.48 fatal shootings per 1,000 cops, compared with Philadelphia’s 0.72, Miami’s 2.01, and Washington, D.C.’s whopping 3.12. Washington’s trigger-happy and predominantly black cops fire their weapons seven times more often than New York’s, thus belying the endlessly repeated claim that a racially representative force is a more restrained force.

Though the absolute number of civilian complaints rose between 1994 and 1996—concurrently with a growth in the force and greater outreach by the Civilian Complaint Review Board—the rate of civilian complaints per officer dropped by 20 percent. And over the last two years, the absolute number of complaints has declined as well, following Commissioner Howard Safir’s introduction of civilian complaints into the NYPD’s celebrated Compstat (computerized crime analysis) system.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/diallo-truth-diallo-falsehood-12011.html

EatTheRich

President
Not what you said.
You said "treat people like rabid dogs"... meaning put them down? Shoot them?

The crap you spout, the anti-police hatred you ooze, is backed literally by nothing.

The training is not all-shoot scenarios....

http://animalnewyork.com/2015/i-used-an-nypd-firearms-training-simulator-and-learned-i-should-be-a-cop/

And NYPD's "police violence" is a myth, As much now as it was when Diallo was shot.

Today’s NYPD also looks restrained compared with the cops in other cities. Last year, New York’s fatal police shooting rate was 0.48 fatal shootings per 1,000 cops, compared with Philadelphia’s 0.72, Miami’s 2.01, and Washington, D.C.’s whopping 3.12. Washington’s trigger-happy and predominantly black cops fire their weapons seven times more often than New York’s, thus belying the endlessly repeated claim that a racially representative force is a more restrained force.

Though the absolute number of civilian complaints rose between 1994 and 1996—concurrently with a growth in the force and greater outreach by the Civilian Complaint Review Board—the rate of civilian complaints per officer dropped by 20 percent. And over the last two years, the absolute number of complaints has declined as well, following Commissioner Howard Safir’s introduction of civilian complaints into the NYPD’s celebrated Compstat (computerized crime analysis) system.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/diallo-truth-diallo-falsehood-12011.html
If you had a bowl of 1000 Skittles, and you knew 3 of them were deadly poisonous, would you eat handful after handful? Or would you throw the bowl out and get a new one?

You are quibbling about the RATE at which the police systematically kill, instead of taking issue with the FACT that they do.

afella

Mayor
Or you could just say the liberal agenda is dangerous. A person who had only been in this country for 2 years why was he given a badge? To prove a point that obama's refugee program would work?
To say that would be to avoid the problem. This one officer isn't the problem, he is part of the problem. As far as I know, if you complete the require training, and fulfill the documentation required to become a police officer, then you can be one. It's why there's so many of those guys that couldn't cut it in the military and are wanna be strongmen become cops.

afella

Mayor
That is exactly what BLM says.
They're right. However, I do feel that they inject race into the equation far to much. At the same point, my opinion comes from my perspective as a white male in a rural county with a vast majority of people being white. They're perspective comes from their neighborhoods and their experiences, whether diverse neighborhoods or even mostly black. It's all a matter of perception, but I do believe that the issue of race constantly injected doesn't do justice to the actual problem (as I see it).

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
To say that would be to avoid the problem. This one officer isn't the problem, he is part of the problem. As far as I know, if you complete the require training, and fulfill the documentation required to become a police officer, then you can be one. It's why there's so many of those guys that couldn't cut it in the military and are wanna be strongmen become cops.
The flaw is in the system that allowed him the chance to become a cop. They lowered standards just to fill a program. He was hired during the obama years. Just keep that in mind

afella

Mayor
The flaw is in the system that allowed him the chance to become a cop. They lowered standards just to fill a program. He was hired during the obama years. Just keep that in mind

Then how else do y ou fill a program with quality recruits when no one wants to work in the field? Even someone like me, who would be a prime candidate for a department. Even if they raised salaries and offered more benefits, I wouldn't do it. I couldn't stand ruining some ones life to enforce BS laws on a daily basis, or laws I simply don't agree with and see as restricting citizens rights. It's a left and right issue. This case is just stupid, as are many when innocents are killed for no reason.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Then how else do y ou fill a program with quality recruits when no one wants to work in the field? Even someone like me, who would be a prime candidate for a department. Even if they raised salaries and offered more benefits, I wouldn't do it. I couldn't stand ruining some ones life to enforce BS laws on a daily basis, or laws I simply don't agree with and see as restricting citizens rights. It's a left and right issue. This case is just stupid, as are many when innocents are killed for no reason.
This guy wasn't quality