• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Moderator(s) sought. Reply within

Puzzling Evidence

Free range human living on a tax farm.
Not me, I want no part of being a Mod. The thought of having to be fair to Liberals gives me a headache.
I can be nice to anyone when it comes to doing my job. The cons on this site who know me, know this empirically.

Allow me to expound on this a bit further:

One of the best habits to have as a moderator is to not share any unnecessary opinions about political or religious groups.

As an example of what NOT to say: "You conservatives are a bunch of traitors!"

The above statement will create the fear in conservatives that you harbor an unfair bias towards them and the task of impartial moderation will, therefore, become undermined. A better statement from a mod would be, "Bill, do you seriously believe that John McCain was not a true hero and why?" This statement addresses the actual topic and does not paint you in such a partisan and unfair moderator. I sometimes fail to implement such lofty aspirations, but I hope you get the point.

Another awesome trait in any leader is just to admit when you are wrong. I'm wrong quite a bit and the best recourse is not stand by any statement you have made in light of it being exposed as untrue. Don't make a big deal about it, but it's OK to be wrong. Posters will respect you more if you can just accept it.

Last edited: