• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

MORE BAD NEWS ! Comey might have closed the lid on Trump's coffin

Spamature

President
This might be something they read about in the history books in the future.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo that Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence an ongoing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of the memo to a Times reporter.

Continue reading the main story

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey that Mr. Flynn had done nothing wrong, according to the memo.

Mr. Comey did not say anything to Mr. Trump about curtailing the investigation, only replying: “I agree he is a good guy.”

In a statement, the White House denied the version of events in the memo.

“While the president has repeatedly expressed his view that General Flynn is a decent man who served and protected our country, the president has never asked Mr. Comey or anyone else to end any investigation, including any investigation involving General Flynn,” the statement said. “The president has the utmost respect for our law enforcement agencies, and all investigations. This is not a truthful or accurate portrayal of the conversation between the president and Mr. Comey.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=65307641&pgtype=article&_r=0

Spamature

President
Lol. you guys sure are desperate.
You're whistling among the tombstones. You know this is bad. Leaning the the director of the FBI in a counterintelligence investigation about you and your co conspirators .

You guys have name called me for months. The only thing that bothered me about it was how unwilling you people were to see what was right in your face the whole time. I know you weren't stupid. It was the dishonesty that I found troubling. At some point I thought some of you have to let go. But you kept hanging on and you keep hanging on.

Why ?

Bugsy McGurk

President

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo that Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence an ongoing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of the memo to a Times reporter.

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey that Mr. Flynn had done nothing wrong, according to the memo.

Mr. Comey did not say anything to Mr. Trump about curtailing the investigation, only replying: “I agree he is a good guy.”

“While the president has repeatedly expressed his view that General Flynn is a decent man who served and protected our country, the president has never asked Mr. Comey or anyone else to end any investigation, including any investigation involving General Flynn,” the statement said. “The president has the utmost respect for our law enforcement agencies, and all investigations. This is not a truthful or accurate portrayal of the conversation between the president and Mr. Comey.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=65307641&pgtype=article&_r=0
Wow!

Is THIS too much Trumpstench for the GOP House and Senate members to stomach?

That is a LOT of Trumpstench!

;-)

connieb

Senator
You're whistling among the tombstones. You know this is bad. Leaning the the director of the FBI in a counterintelligence investigation about you and your co conspirators .

You guys have name called me for months. The only thing that bothered me about it was how unwilling you people were to see what was right in your face the whole time. I know you weren't stupid. It was the dishonesty that I found troubling. At some point I thought some of you have to let go. But you kept hanging on and you keep hanging on.

Why ?
Wait, was this from an unnamed FBI source? I though they were totally unrealiable sources?

Anyhoo, he did not order him to stop. He simply said in the way you hope a cop lets you out of a ticket, that Comey let Flynn slide. As if that never happens in politics....

Besides which, I could honestly give a shit. I don't like Trump. If he is impeached, we get Pence. Still a republican...

connie

connieb

Senator
If what Comey says there is proven true, will you still support Trump?
I don't give a shit about Trump other than the fact that he pisses liberals off.

If he is impeached, we still have a house and a senate and Pence.. works for me.

That being said, I don't have any problem with what is being reported. He did not order him to stop. And clearly he didn't. So its of no matter.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I don't give a shit about Trump other than the fact that he pisses liberals off.

If he is impeached, we still have a house and a senate and Pence.. works for me.

That being said, I don't have any problem with what is being reported. He did not order him to stop. And clearly he didn't. So its of no matter.
Got it. You're on board with such obvious obstruction of justice.

Perhaps you can analyze these things asking what is good for the nation as opposed to what you think "pisses liberals off"?

Just a thought.

connieb

Senator
Got it. You're on board with such obvious obstruction of justice.

Perhaps you can analyze these things asking what is good for the nation as opposed to what you think "pisses liberals off"?

Just a thought.
What is good for the nation is any opposition to liberal policies. They are like a disease.

But Trump brought the added bonus of being against liberal policies and down right pissing the liberals off.

However, it was by far more important to get the white house to be able to stack the SCOTUS and block for decades the liberal agenda. Again, because that is good for the country.

Trump is just bonus entertainment.

And no I am not ok with obstruction of justice, but since there are grand jury subpeonas going out, this did not obstruct anything.. and I don't think those off the cuff remarks rise to obstruction.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Trump better have tapes because according to Comey it looks obstruction of justice without a doubt. You can't pressure the people under you who are investigating you to stop the investigation.
Trump demands loyalty to him over all else -- if not, watch out. He will throw you under the bus.
When Comey testifies... so glad he demanded it be public and not in a closed hearing.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!

So now we will have to wait and see who provides the evidence of truth... Trump's tapes or Comey's notes. :cool:
“I hope you can let this go,” Comey’s note reports Trump saying to him.

Schmidt notes that this looks like clear evidence that Trump tried to influence the investigation into Trump, his campaign, and Russia.

It would be obstruction of justice if this were accurate. That was the first article of impeachment against former President Richard Nixon.

Comey has a history, detailed in Schmidt’s piece, of keeping notes of conversations, stemming back to the Bush years. Schmidt noted, “An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.” Additionally in Comey’s corner is the report that he shared his note with senior FBI officials at the time.

Comey’s propensity for establishing a protective paper trail was called by Matthew Miller on May 12:

miller tweet.JPG
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/05/16/comey-notes-show-donald-trump-fired-fbi-director.html

Bugsy McGurk

President
What is good for the nation is any opposition to liberal policies. They are like a disease.

But Trump brought the added bonus of being against liberal policies and down right pissing the liberals off.

However, it was by far more important to get the white house to be able to stack the SCOTUS and block for decades the liberal agenda. Again, because that is good for the country.

Trump is just bonus entertainment.

And no I am not ok with obstruction of justice, but since there are grand jury subpeonas going out, this did not obstruct anything.. and I don't think those off the cuff remarks rise to obstruction.
I'll never understand how wingers think anything Trump has done is good for the country, but so be it. I think the guy is the nation's worse nightmare.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member

I guess it does look suspicious when Trump supposedly asked his AG and Pence to leave the room before he asked Comey to 'end the investigation about Flynn'. But it doesn't matter to the anti-American bunch here in PJ as long as their guy somehow gets away with it. Every fricken day there is something. And this POS they call their President is probably the most corrupt person who has ever held this office, including Nixon. The thing is, little Donny Trump has been coddled all his miserable life and is used to being catered to. I'd love to see him criminally charged. He's not "JUST" robbing innocent people of their money now with his corrupt business dealings, he's putting this whole country at risk. He needs to go, and although Pence is a sneaky liar, he couldn't be any worse...COULD HE??

Bugsy McGurk

President
Trump demands loyalty to him over all else -- if not, watch out. He will throw you under the bus.
When Comey testifies... so glad he demanded it be public and not in a closed hearing.
Comey has been waiting months to be able to tell America about all of Trump's behind the scenes obstruction of justice. Patriots will be appalled. Trump toadies will applaud Trump's antics like trained seals.