• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Morgan: Chris Kyle is a Hero

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Kyle was a dupe...Shooting and Killing Iraqis in a war based on lies...He was NO hero

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, or, blind squirrel finds a nut.

Looks like Morgan needs a ratings bump, and Clint Eastwood's coat-tails are pretty big right now...

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Get your fat ass out of mom's basement and achieve something, then you can comment on who is or isn't a hero.
Oh no, looks like the angry guy is out of the bathroom....You going to the movies today to see Eastwoods film on shooting Iraqis?

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
He enjoyed murdering people. Not a hero in my book. He got what he deserved.
Kyle was a fraud...The guy openly bragged about how many Iraqis he shot (and No doubt exaggerated) like he was deer hunting....Claimed he punched Jessie Ventura...Hit the talk show circuit to sell a book...Really disgusting

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Kyle was a dupe...Shooting and Killing Iraqis in a war based on lies...He was NO hero
So American Sniper is a partisan issue?

I cannot believe that.

I think both sides are partisan just to be partisan.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

I cannot believe that.

amen to that.

if this dude isnt a hero... we gotta vet out what to do with our penchant for dropping bombs willy nilly on ISIL..and adjacent families..

or, hey, maybe take a ride in the wayback machine and ponder the heroics of starving hundreds of thousands via embargo...

amen to that.

if this dude isnt a hero... we gotta vet out what to do with our penchant for dropping bombs willy nilly on ISIL..and adjacent families..

or, hey, maybe take a ride in the wayback machine and ponder the heroics of starving hundreds of thousands via embargo...
Is drone-killing an American citizen without due process a heroic act? ProgreSSives think it is...

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member

I cannot believe that.

Well it appears that way...Right Wing war mongers think Iraq caused 9/11 (or had no problem with Iraq being blamed for it) see guys like "Kyle" as some sort of hero....Many Americans were disgusted by the invasion and bumbling occupation...See Kyle is an occupier...shooting Iraqis that did not want a foreign invader in their country...and were willing to stand up against it

Arkady

President
Kyle was a fraud...The guy openly bragged about how many Iraqis he shot (and No doubt exaggerated) like he was deer hunting....Claimed he punched Jessie Ventura...Hit the talk show circuit to sell a book...Really disgusting
He seems to have been mentally damaged. In addition to the lies about Ventura, he also had a story about setting up as a sniper on the Super Dome and killing looters during Katrina. The stuff he did inevitably is going to damage the soul and destabilize the mind, so I think he sort of lost track of reality.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Is drone-killing an American citizen without due process a heroic act? ProgreSSives think it is...
He seems to have been mentally damaged. In addition to the lies about Ventura, he also had a story about setting up as a sniper on the Super Dome and killing looters during Katrina. The stuff he did inevitably is going to damage the soul and destabilize the mind, so I think he sort of lost track of reality.
Very true...They are plenty of Iraqi vets who had more compelling stories about the time served and the effects afterward instead of somebody like "Kyle"....Who was hardly worthy of a movie

Arkady

President
Do you consider him a hero? If so, why? My own definition of hero is fairly specific. It is someone who intentionally sacrifices himself --undergoing significant hardship, risk, or loss-- in a good cause. Kyle satisfies the first part. He put himself at significant risk as a combatant in Iraq. But, how about the second part? Was his cause good? If you view it very narrowly as killing enemy combatants before they can take out his comrades, I suppose you could make that case. But, in the same sense, a Nazi sniper could be heroic, if he was shooting enemies before they could kill his comrades. I think you need to look at a bigger picture than that. The key question is whether the invasion and occupation of Iraq was a good cause, just as when looking at a Nazi sniper we'd think about whether Hitler's wars of aggression were a good cause. If you think what we were doing in Iraq was a good cause, then he was a hero, but if not, not.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Well it appears that way...Right Wing war mongers think Iraq caused 9/11 (or had no problem with Iraq being blamed for it) see guys like "Kyle" as some sort of hero....Many Americans were disgusted by the invasion and bumbling occupation...See Kyle is an occupier...shooting Iraqis that did not want a foreign invader in their country...and were willing to stand up against it

cowboys vs muzzys,,,the next blockbuster film from a destroyed mosque near you...

Arkady

President
Very true...They are plenty of Iraqi vets who had more compelling stories about the time served and the effects afterward instead of somebody like "Kyle"....Who was hardly worthy of a movie
I haven't seen the movie, and I've got enough respect for Clint Eastwood as a filmmaker that I'm withholding judgment. The troubling aspects of his story could actually make it a more compelling movie than something cleaner.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Do you consider him a hero? If so, why? My own definition of hero is fairly specific. It is someone who intentionally sacrifices himself --undergoing significant hardship, risk, or loss-- in a good cause. Kyle satisfies the first part. He put himself at significant risk as a combatant in Iraq. But, how about the second part? Was his cause good? If you view it very narrowly as killing enemy combatants before they can take out his comrades, I suppose you could make that case. But, in the same sense, a Nazi sniper could be heroic, if he was shooting enemies before they could kill his comrades. I think you need to look at a bigger picture than that. The key question is whether the invasion and occupation of Iraq was a good cause, just as when looking at a Nazi sniper we'd think about whether Hitler's wars of aggression were a good cause. If you think what we were doing in Iraq was a good cause, then he was a hero, but if not, not.

One could argue that his cause was protecting the lives of his fellow American soldiers. Would you argue that is not a noble cause?

If you think what we were doing in Iraq was a good cause, then he was a hero, but if not, not.
That isn't the stance I would have expected from Piers Morgan, he didn't strike me as an Iraq War supporter. Though, he is a Hillary Clinton guy, so who knows?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I have never seen a "right wing war monger that thinks Iraq caused 9/11". Not one. That is a made up myth. Iraq was invaded (in hindsight incorrectly) for not allowing U.N. inspectors into their country.

I think you are trying to rewrite history and do so with hindsight being 100%.

Do you think the Iraqis want the U.S. bombing now in their country?