• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Mount Rainier with double caps

Dino

Russian Asset
I saw Mt. Fuji with double caps once... looked a little like this,

MMTT.. FFUUJJII

:)

Jen

Senator
Ahhhh............ my double caps was better then yours...........:p:p:p

Good one, Dino!! I needed the laugh

Bo-4

Senator
Hey Jen.. i was looking for a higher res pic of that because it didn't look like Rainier to me.. believe it to be Shasta. Cool either way!

a1.bp.blogspot.com__Jrjx4Ge2c7Q_TvluTO0pftI_AAAAAAAAAn8_6HuS7X7eaca6fb4b1c5ac555151dfb35e834ef.jpg

Jen

Senator
Now isn't that strange............... I got the image off of Seattle's KING 5 news last night and it was reported as Rainier. But I noticed that to me............it didn't look like Rainier.......... I always thought Rainier had a smoother top. But who was I to argue with KING5?

But I've seen Shasta and that fits. I'll try to get a good pic like that of Rainier and compare the tops.

Council Member
Now isn't that strange............... I got the image off of Seattle's KING 5 news last night and it was reported as Rainier. But I noticed that to me............it didn't look like Rainier.......... I always thought Rainier had a smoother top. But who was I to argue with KING5?

But I've seen Shasta and that fits. I'll try to get a good pic like that of Rainier and compare the tops.
Nice picture Jen, Bo-4, would be cool to see it in person.

degsme

Council Member
Double lenticular cloud caps on Mt Rainier. This is stunning!
I've had the priviledge of seeing The Slush Cone (as we PNWers affectionately call it) with as many as 7 lenticular caps

Its a good mountain - though dangerous when provoked - as that [Unwelcome language removed] who shot the ranger last month found out. She Eats Bad People (as well as careless people)

This is akin to what I got to see- but they were crisper and it was a sunny day (and we were sailboat racing up the Nisqually delta)
apicklyman.files.wordpress.com_2010_11_att00007.jpg

Bo-4

Senator
And here's one over St Helens after it blew it's top.. i actually saw something similar once when i lived in Portland. Btw, you may be right.. funny.. but half the pics i found of your original shot said Shasta and the other half said Rainier.. only the shadow knows! ;-)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I have a buddy with a beer gut that he calls "Mount Rainier" (because Rainier Beer made it). Now, while I don't know whether his midsection sports lenticular caps, he has been know to ponder his bellybutton "linticular" cap. ;-)

Jen

Senator
Only you,Rick!!! "Linticular" cap................. You should hear me laughing.

I have a buddy with a beer gut that he calls "Mount Rainier" (because Rainier Beer made it). Now, while I don't know whether his midsection sports lenticular caps, he has been know to ponder his bellybutton "linticular" cap. ;-)

degsme

Council Member
I'd give you a star for that one, but apparently I like your posts too often and too much.

Jen

Senator
Absolutely amazing, Degsme!! I'm a weather/ cloud buff (secretly watch the Weather Channel). And I love mountains and the weather they spawn. I lived in Suquamish, WA (Kitsap County) right on the Sound for 4 years and almost within view of it for 6........ and looked for Rainier daily. I am in total awe of the Seattle area - water and mountains.

I've had the priviledge of seeing The Slush Cone (as we PNWers affectionately call it) with as many as 7 lenticular caps

Its a good mountain - though dangerous when provoked - as that [Unwelcome language removed] who shot the ranger last month found out. She Eats Bad People (as well as careless people)

This is akin to what I got to see- but they were crisper and it was a sunny day (and we were sailboat racing up the Nisqually delta)
apicklyman.files.wordpress.com_2010_11_att00007.jpg

degsme

Council Member
Absolutely amazing, Degsme!! I'm a weather/ cloud buff (secretly watch the Weather Channel). And I love mountains and the weather they spawn. I lived in Suquamish, WA (Kitsap County) right on the Sound for 4 years and almost within view of it for 6........ and looked for Rainier daily. I am in total awe of the Seattle area - water and mountains.
When I first moved to the Seattle area, I was riding a motorcycle (not the brightest thing to do, but I was young)...I arrived Sept 13 after summer was over. So for about a month I'm commuting to work westbound on 520 coming out of Redmond towards Bellevue. And there is this one bend that crests the hill right before the 520/405 interchange that I would come up and over and wonder if I was seeing something.

But I kept dismissing it as cloud patterns in the overall gray cloud cover as my mind playing tricks. Then about 6 weeks into being there I came around the bend over the rise and almost dropped the bike - because THIS is what I was seeing in the crystal clear sunshine (yes it does shine sometimes in the PNW... now I have to kill you all)...
auser.pix.epodunk.com_WA_Straycat_2848.jpg

Note this image has haze. What I saw had no haze