• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Mueller's entire angle

justoffal

Senator
Is predicated on the perils of a Federal interview.

If you are totally innocent of everything you can still be prosecuted if you mistakenly pass some false info to a federal agent. You may not even know it's false at the time....but that is no excuse.

Add that to a hard nosed long timer like Mueller...who has a lot of practice tripping people up and you have the perfect recipe for entrapment.

It's no longer about the crime that started the investigation it now becomes about the investigation itself.

In the final analysis even the truest statement can be challenged as a lie depending on who judges it....
If you tell Mueller the sky is blue....but a federal judge decides that it is really a high intensity shade of orange ... you have just lied to the FBI and could now get ten years in the pokey for it.

JO

Is predicated on the perils of a Federal interview.

If you are totally innocent of everything you can still be prosecuted if you mistakenly pass some false info to a federal agent. You may not even know it's false at the time....but that is no excuse.

Add that to a hard nosed long timer like Mueller...who has a lot of practice tripping people up and you have the perfect recipe for entrapment.

It's no longer about the crime that started the investigation it now becomes about the investigation itself.

In the final analysis even the truest statement can be challenged as a lie depending on who judges it....
If you tell Mueller the sky is blue....but a federal judge decides that it is really a high intensity shade of orange ... you have just lied to the FBI and could now get ten years in the pokey for it.

JO
this is why nobody keeps paper trails any more.

anyone up for a Mueller interview should smash his hard drive then incinerate it the way lois lerner did. its the best protection.

Perhaps Mueller's angle is to force Trump to self-destruct?

"Here’s predicting flat out that yes, at some point Trump will try to oust Mueller.

"As the probe advances, the likelihood increases that Mueller will uncover evidence of a serious offense by Trump.

"With the recent search of former campaign manager Paul Manafort’s home, Mueller has shown his willingness to follow the money trail aggressively. (The latest reports suggest that Mueller’s team is planning to indict Manafort for possible tax and financial crimes.)

"And Mueller has begun to negotiate interviews with up to a dozen White House aides as well as former White House officials.

"Trump likely fears that Mueller will zero in on something sleazy or criminal whose revelation could cripple his presidency.

"Each turn of the screw of the Mueller investigation — and there will be many — increases the pressure on Trump to act preemptively."

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-litman-mueller-firing-20170921-story.html

Which could mean the Orange Thing will launch his own Saturday night massacre, and Republicans in congress will have to choose between staying in office or going down with the ship.

Hmmmm

Mayor
"Mueller's entire angle. Is predicated on the perils of a Federal interview"

How do you know this? Have you seen the enormous amount of information he has gathered? Has he issued any statements about what his "angle" is?

Your first sentence is a straw man and then you go off about it.

justoffal

Senator

How do you know this? Have you seen the enormous amount of information he has gathered? Has he issued any statements about what his "angle" is?

At this point it is obvious to those who want to have a shred of honesty about it
That the only thing left is some kind of entrapment.

You may continue to hold the concrete kettle bells while trying to swim the waters of reality.... I'll choose to travel a bit more lightly.

In the mean time we are being observed by an angry stalker.....

As far as issuing a statement it's not up to Mueller to broadcast his angle nor would I believe him if he did .... In the final analysis the voters will make the decision the way they did just a few months ago and I can tell you that I believe Bannon is correct when he predicts a massive Landslide for Trump in 2020. The disconnect has never been more apparent than now.

Jo

Spamature

President
I think you just believe the Trumpies will lie and get caught doing it. You think that's what going to happen because you know by experience that they lie about everything.

Trump Jr lied about his meeting with Russian agents

Trump Sr. lied about that meeting in a letter in an attempt to create a cover up for the meeting with Russian the agents.

Kusher has been found to have lied on his security forms. The number of lies and omission are up to about 100 separate undeclared incidents and financial holdings.

Flynn lied about his contracts with the Russians and his lobbying for countries and the payment from that coming from Russian interest.

Manafort has been caught with his hand in the Russian cookie jar to the tune of $60 million so far.

His lying about Trump having ties to the Russians. Even though we now know both he and Trump had business dealings with them that started before and even during the campaign.

So what you are really talking about is something like this.

Yeah I think an FBI interview like that would land you in a courtroom

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
I think you just believe the Trumpies will lie and get caught doing it. You think that's what going to happen because you know by experience that they lie about everything.

Trump Jr lied about his meeting with Russian agents

Trump Sr. lied about that meeting in a letter in an attempt to create a cover up for the meeting with Russian the agents.

Kusher has been found to have lied on his security forms. The number of lies and omission are up to about 100 separate undeclared incidents and financial holdings.

Flynn lied about his contracts with the Russians and his lobbying for countries and the payment from that coming from Russian interest.

Manafort has been caught with his hand in the Russian cookie jar to the tune of $60 million so far.

His lying about Trump having ties to the Russians (Even though we now know he had business dealing with them that started before and even during the campaign.

So what you are really talking about is something like this.

Yeah I think an FBI interview like that would land you in a courtroom
depends on who is running the DOJ. With an honest Atty General, like the current guy, you could get taken to the wood shed for violating the law. But with the former Atty Genral, you could get away with multiple murders, sometimes 3 a month, and it didn't matter.

Spamature

President
depends on who is running the DOJ. With an honest Atty General, like the current guy, you could get taken to the wood shed for violating the law. But with the former Atty Genral, you could get away with multiple murders, sometimes 3 a month, and it didn't matter.
What are you talking about ?

justoffal

Senator

The Entrapment game is afoot....if they can't get you for speeding they can get you for getting your SS number wrong on the form or having one whitewall in with the other three out. .... That 's what this investigation has come down to...not any real crimes but process trip ups that come with penalties.

JO

Last edited:

Spamature

President
....all of them except the specific crime a special prosecutor was set up to investigate.
So if the cops come to your house because of loud music ? You think they should ignore kilo of cocaine on your coffee table, because it's not what they were sent to investigate ?

Days

Commentator
So if the cops come to your house because of loud music ? You think they should ignore kilo of cocaine on your coffee table, because it's not what they were sent to investigate ?
Nope, why would you ask such a silly question?

SPECIAL PROSECUTOR = special ... not the same as cops on the beat (not even close)

Spamature

President
Nope, why would you ask such a silly question?

SPECIAL PROSECUTOR = special ... not the same as cops on the beat (not even close)
But he is still there to enforce the law. So if in the course of his investigation he stumbles upon another crime he has to investigate just like the beat cops would.

Hmmmm

Mayor
But he is still there to enforce the law. So if in the course of his investigation he stumbles upon another crime he has to investigate just like the beat cops would.
No. He has to get permission if it I does not arise directly from his investigation ("any matters that arose or may arise from the investigation"). I don't know if Rosenstein or a judge has to grant permission. And, not being a lawyer or legal scholar, I don't know the extent of what directly arose/arising from means. It has been said to be very broad.

I am guessing that there is a procedure for Mueller to hand over anything that is out of scope and for which he doesn't get permission to pursue.

Adding: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/17/us/politics/document-Robert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.html

Spamature

President
No. He has to get permission if it I does not arise directly from his investigation ("any matters that arose or may arise from the investigation"). I don't know if Rosenstein or a judge has to grant permission. And, not being a lawyer or legal scholar, I don't know the extent of what directly arose/arising from means. It has been said to be very broad.

I am guessing that there is a procedure for Mueller to hand over anything that is out of scope and for which he doesn't get permission to pursue.

Adding: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/17/us/politics/document-Robert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.html

Yeah not ANYTHING they find, but it looks like so much of this is tied together it's going to be hard to tell where something end and something else begins. Putin operates through his inner circle of oligarchs and they appear to have all kinds of business dealings with Trump. Eric Trump's "We have all the funding we need out of Russia" comment, if true, sounds like it makes the Trump business dealings part of the investigation.

Hmmmm

Mayor
Yeah not ANYTHING they find, but it looks like so much of this is tied together it's going to be hard to tell where something end and something else begins. Putin operates through his inner circle of oligarchs and they appear to have all kinds of business dealings with Trump. Eric Trump's "We have all the funding we need out of Russia" comment, if true, sounds like it makes the Trump business dealings part of the investigation.
I think Mueller will find something. Whether or not Trump is impeached by the house is another issue. Then he has to be convicted by the senate. The lawyers are going to get richer.

I am guessing not. I think The Donald will reach a melting point and just tell his base he tried but it is hopeless and bail. Or, "Mission Accomplished."

Spamature

President
I think Mueller will find something. Whether or not Trump is impeached by the house is another issue. Then he has to be convicted by the senate. The lawyers are going to get richer.

I am guessing not. I think The Donald will reach a melting point and just tell his base he tried but it is hopeless and bail. Or, "Mission Accomplished."
I fully believe there is something to find. You just don't have this many connections and events between, Russia and a presidential campaign, and it's all coincidental.

No ! It would be insane for him to step down. He is the man riding on the back of a tiger. If he gets off, it will eat him. He can not lose the power of the presidency and the protection that comes with it.