1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

My father-in-law is a nice guy, and a good person. Unfortunately, he's swallowed the

Discussion in 'Latest Political News and Current Events' started by Barbella, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Barbella

Barbella Senator

leftist media's fake news bullshit hook, line, and sinker. The other day he INSISTED that Republicans are determined to outlaw abortion and that already, Texas has 'done away with' every single abortion clinic.

So yeah... I love the guy, but I couldn't let it stand. I found him 31 abortion clinics in Texas advertising their hours, services, and sometimes even prices.

That shut him up, at least for the day.. LOL

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jen

Jen #walkaway

It's sad when a nice person, a good person, believes that Lefty fake news.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Winston

Winston Politburo General Secretary

Get him a Trump hat...……..

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. connieb

connieb Moderator Staff Member

I am always surprised by the otherwise reasonable people who believe that shit. I guess it's true that if you repeat the lie enough people will believe it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Constitutional Sheepdog

Constitutional Sheepdog ][][][%er!!!!!!!

Isn't suicide illegal?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bugsy McGurk

Bugsy McGurk President

I’m sure you know this, but abortion may as well be illegal in Texas, given all the restrictions thrown up by the wingers who think they know better than a pregnant woman and her doctor. In some areas of Texas, abortions are literally unobtainable.

You pretend that abortion is readily available in Texas. You shouldn’t lie to your family about such things...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...bortion-curbs-challenged-lawsuit-texas-624973

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Barbella

Barbella Senator

So you're saying abortion is illegal in liberal Europe and in much of the rest of the world? Is it? LOL

Waiting periods, decried by American pro-choicers as infantilizing and unreasonably burdensome, are common in Western Europe.

In Germany, women seeking first-trimester abortions are subject to a mandatory three-day waiting period and a counseling session. Abortions after the first 12 weeks of pregnancy are forbidden except in cases of grave threat to the mother's physical or mental health. The Netherlands mandates a five-day waiting period between initial consultation and abortion; clinics must provide women with information about abortion alternatives. Abortion is then legal until viability (legally defined as 24 weeks, usually interpreted as 22 weeks). In Belgium, where abortion was illegal until 1990, there's a six-day waiting period and the woman must claim to be in "a state of distress" before receiving a first-trimester abortion.

Many Western European countries have what might seem like odd requirements and exceptions to their abortion laws.

In Finland (home of the now-famous Finnish baby boxes and other enviable government benefits), abortion is available up to 12 weeks of pregnancy, unless the woman is under 17 years old, in which case she may have an abortion until she's 20 weeks pregnant. But even for early abortions, women must provide a "social reason" for seeking to terminate her pregnancy, such as poverty, extreme distress, or already having at least four children. While in practice most abortion requests are granted, it still forces women to prove to an authority the validity of their desire not to have a baby. In Denmark, abortion is available on demand up to 12 weeks of pregnancy. Afterward, exceptions are made for cases of rape, threats to the woman's physical or mental health, risk of fetal defects, and -- revealingly -- in cases where the woman can demonstrate lack of financial resources to care for a child.

Israel (though not part of Europe, obviously) has similarly idiosyncratic requirements and restrictions. Though 93 percent of American Jews support abortion rights in all or most cases, and the Torah has little to say about abortion, the Jewish state of Israel has fairly heavy-handed abortion laws. Abortion is illegal for married women between ages 17 and 40, except in cases of rape, incest, fetal malformation, or risk to the mother's physical or mental health. Women eligible for abortions (the unmarried ones, that is) must submit to ultrasounds, wade through rivers of paperwork, and plead their case to an expert.

Eastern Europe, a stronghold of liberal abortion laws under Communism, has become increasingly strict of late. Russia recently passed a law restricting abortion to the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, and Russian clinics are also now forced to give (medically dubious) warnings about the health risks of abortion, which supposedly include cancer and infertility. After the fall of the USSR,Poland enacted some of Europe's strictest abortion laws , banning the procedure except in cases of rape, fetal malformation, or serious threats to the woman's health. The Ukraine is currently threatening to follow suit.

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...laws-come-with-their-own-restrictions/278350/

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Bugsy McGurk

Bugsy McGurk President

No. I’m saying what I said.

Sheesh.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Barbella

Barbella Senator

You're saying abortion in Texas is as illegal as it is in Germany, Denmark, Finland, and most of the rest of Europe as well as Israel and Russia. THAT is what you're saying.

Got it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RickWA

RickWA Governor

This paid hack is going to back-and-forth you all the way to the bank. That's his underachieving schtick

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Barbella

Barbella Senator

I'm surprised he's dropped this one, at least for now. It doesn't happen very often that he concedes and shuts up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RickWA

RickWA Governor

He's GOT to keep the post count up 7 days/week. Dope ain't free, ya know.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dawg

Dawg President Supporting Member

Chelsea said it's unchristian not to kill babies

she's the future hopeful of DNC

damn shame Hub & Hill didn't abort her

14. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dawg

Dawg President Supporting Member