1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

My new rules announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by MrMike, Jan 23, 2017.

1. MrMike

MrMike LOL!

Okay, my forum rules and edicts are listed below. Read them...learn them...live them! :D

Rule #1 - Be grown ups
    Rule #2 - Have fun
    Rule #3 - See rules #1 & #2

[​IMG]

This Public Service Announcement was delivered free of charge. No animals, midgets or snowflakes were harmed in the preparation and delivery of this PSA.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Caroljo

Caroljo Governor

Would love it if it could be this way. Simple rules....and be adults about everything else. What a concept!!

3. Jen

Jen Proud Deplorable

Hey. That works for me.

4. The Sage of Main Street

The Sage of Main Street Mayor

Rule #1 and Only: Instead of reporting a post, put that poster on Ignore.

5. Charcat

Charcat One of the Patsy's

Another rule: Instead of banning, just lock the poster from that particular thread.

6. Addy

Addy Democrat Chick

Deduct(a set number) of positive ratings from a poster when a ban is implemented... my suggestion.

7. oicu812

oicu812 "Trust, but Verify"

bazookas and farm implements at 10 paces...

why pussyfoot around?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Queen Titania

Queen Titania Senator

Thread bans are horrid - can be misused and are frustrating for all posters, not just the banned one but for others they might be in conversation with.

Let us evolve rather than have too many rules and regs - on the whole we are far more settled than we were before xxx

9. TheResister

TheResister Council Member

I have something I wanted to say today about rules. You see, a lot can be learned by observing the rules of other boards.

A poster once told us about another board called PH. If you don't know what it is, it's definitely not important. Anyway, I went there and posted. PH is an extremist liberal site, so they HATE anything not within their own agenda. So, the Standard Operating Procedure goes like this:

They allow you to post, but if the liberal position - or the agenda set by the moderators is challenged, the moderators make personal attacks against you. Posters are not allowed to defend themselves and if you complain, they ban people for "questioning moderation."

I ignorantly thought that if I refused to respond to the moderator's insults and tell them that I was under no obligation to respond to insulting posts I'd be okay. They "banned" me for a day for telling a moderator that I felt insulted and did not owe him a response on that thread. I was trying to avoid a pissing match.

That kind of childishness is what I'd expect from someone no older than 15. And so, I prefer this board. Permanent bans for discussing illegal activities, threats of violence and the posting of personal information along with repeated violations of rules is justifiable; however, forcing people to post, only for moderators to insult and belittle the posters was way beyond any reasonable limits. Haven't seen that on this board so far.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1